What to expect in January

kdibattista

<font color=darkorchid>It left an indent the size
How are the crowds the first week of January (Jan 2 - Jan 9)????

Thanks!!!

We went this past Jan. 4-12 and it wasn't that crowded. MK was a bit crowded one day we were there, but it was also in the 80s that day! The rest of the week was on the cool side, so no crowds at all. Our resort (POR) was busy towards Marathon weekend, Marathon morning there were lots of crowds and runners on the road, and Marathon night DD/PI was busy, but the parks weren't that much busier. It was actually neat to see all the runners, then all the tired runners with their medals.

HTH!

Thanks!!!

P.S. Does anyone know the dates of the marathon this year??

Im interested in the same thing-we're going for a few days starting Jan 2 after our New Years cruise. Someone earlier mentioned that the 2nd is a Sun and the 3rd might be considered the New Year holiday (hence schools and work will be off). I hope thats not the case as we are only there a few days!

alison::MickeyMo

I was in DW this year from Jan 3-Jan 10. It was a great time...crowds weren't bad...we used Fastpass for the first few days of our trip, and then the last 4 days we didn't even need it!! The weather was really nice...we were able to wear shorts for the most part, only 2 days we needed jeans and sweatshirts! Coming from cold Philadelphia, it was a nice treat to get weather in the 70's. I definately would recommend this time of year, and I hope to go back next year!

I have twice done New Year's into early January. It will progressively lighten up starting January 2 over a few days, especially since January 2 is a Sunday. After a few days you will not notice much in the way of real crowds.

The weather, however, could range from very cool to fairly warm.

we went a couple years ago on Superbowl Sunday. We practically had the park to ourselves! There were no lines, and yes everything was open. For the most part January isn't bad, just remember that even if it's a nice day to take a sweatshirt or jacket. Once the sun goes doen it can get cold.

WE WENT THAT TIME, AND THE LINES WERE LONG THE 3RD, AND GOT SHORTER WHILE TIME WENT ON. BRING SWEATSHIRTS! ITS A GOOD TIME THOUGH! HAVE FUN!::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter