What to do with backpacks?

loribell

DIS Veteran
I have a friend that is taking her family for their first trip to WDW. She was asking today about her backpack and rides. I have always had a stroller so have never had a need for a backpack and never really paid much attention so I didn't have an answer for her.

What is done with them on the roller coasters in particular? Are there any rides she will have a problem with her backpack? If so what can she do with it?

Thanks for your help!

Lori

We always take our backpack on rides, including roller coasters. I just put my leg through one of the straps, so it doesn't go flying out. We have never had a problem.

I also just loop the straps around my leg, or hold it between my feet. I've never had a problem doing this.

Ditto. YOu shouldn't have a problem at all. I remember reading about how you weren't allowed to take your bags on rock and roll rollercoaster in one of the tour guides. On our past trips, however, we never had a problem with anyone saying you can't. Just loop and hold and you'll be fine

Same as above posters... I always have a backpack in theme parks and don't know what I'd do without it! Sunscreen, jacket (I get so cold in air conditioned attractions or restaurants), camera, hairbrush and lipstick :) , money.

I always put the backpack down by my feet on a ride, and if it's a wild ride, I put my foot through a strap.

I always carry a backpack.

I've never had a problem on any ride with it.

Sometimes I have to hold in on my lap, sometimes it gets stowed under seats, and on fast rides, I wrap one strap around my wrist
Karen

Thanks for posting this question loribell! I was wondering the same thing myself. Thanks to others for responses.

You may also want to bring a few plastic trash bags to protect your backpack on wet rides, such as Kali River Rapids or Splash Mountain.

The feet through the straps trick works wonders. Ponchos also work well to keep things dry. If it is a multi-pocketed bookbag, but anything that cannot get wet in there and not on the bottom and they will be fine. If they want it for emergency backup reasons, they could always rent a locker at the front of any park for $7 (you get $2 back at the end of the day) and you have unlimited access in and out of it. This works great if you want to have a change of clothes or sweatshirts in the winter months. That way you don't have to carry a heavy bag around all day long!

i TAKE A JAN SPORT BACK PACK. THEY CAN BE FOLDED UP, AND THEY WILL STAY WITH YOU.

I'd second the idea of the locker. Some days it has been the best $5 we spent.

If you're going during the time of year that the temperature changes a LOT from morning to afternoon and back to evening, it will be nice to have a sweatshirt or jacket available without having to carry it around all day.

You can also stash purchases in the locker and if you are a park hopper, your receipt will get you a locker at the next park for no extra charge!

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter