What summer month would you pick?

My son would love the waterparks so we’d make that a focus. Is everyone saying early June basically because of milder temps?
Not to speak for everyone, but I was suggesting early rather than later mainly due to hurricane season. Yes, June is technically hurricane season, but it's pretty safe. July's not all that active either. The potential increases as you approach fall. You can search hurricanes by month to see a chart. Of course, your chances of actually hitting WDW the same week a major storm moves through are not extremely high regardless.
Mostly you'll just be dealing with the heat and humidity, and maybe the infamous afternoon thunderstorms, which were why they built the Hall of Presidents. (Well, not really.)

Aug/ early sept is my personal preference weather wise.

I love Halloween and Christmas decorations but we find it can be cooler

We usually go the last week in July. It is hot and humid but close to the same as where we are coming from. The only difference is the daily rain in Orlando. We usually miss the rain as we take a break back at the resort.

The earlier in June the better in my opinion. All schools are not out yet and the temps are better.

We always go the 3rd week in August. Crazy (like a fox :thumbsup2) Yes, it is hot and humid and it rains, but not all day every day (the only exception was the year tropical storm Fay made landfall 3 times the week we were there). The East Coast schools are back in session, and most people stay away because it's hurricane season and it's, well, August. However, we open the parks, take a break during the hottest part of the day, hit the water parks, and close the parks at night. Best Vacations Ever! I would go as late as possible in August, right before you have to get back for school. If you go late enough you might get in on MNSSHP!
I agree! I have gone twice now on the last week of August. Yes, it is extremely hot and humid but we always rope dropped the parks, would go back to the resort from 2-5pm to take a nap and would head back to the parks in the evening after the sun went down. Crowds are much lower this time of year and were able to ride 4-5 rides within an hour of the park opening. We go plenty done even with a 2 hour nap in the middle of the day.

The only caveat to this time of year is the potential for hurricanes. We did have to cut our trip a day short in August 2019 due to an approaching hurricane. You also need to consider the park hours as they have been reduced during the time of COVID. We specifically loved going the last week in August due to MNSSHP. MK was typically open until midnight or later which helped provide for more park time with slightly cooler weather. I hope you enjoy your trip planning!

We always do Disneyland in the summer and debating doing another WDW trip instead since Disneyland reopening date is still in limbo which makes planning stressful.

I have pretty wide open flexibility for the summer. I could basically go anytime in June, July, or early August.

So what would you pick? Seems like the weather is rough (hot and rain) no matter what month I pick? I know we don’t have an opening date for the new Ratatouille or Guardians ride yet but any educated guesses from the WDW experts? I know the 50th anniversary is in October so hoping we’ll see entertainment return but not a deal breaker if it doesn’t.
Have you ever been to Florida in August? Don't do it. Hot and humid is an understatement. Surface of the sun and Dante's 7th circle of hell come to mind. I had to fly into Orlando in August one year for work, I stopped at Disney Springs. Seriously, thought I would die, the humidity was so bad I felt like I couldn't breath. It was at that point I swore I would never go to Disney in the summer. (We go in January or February).

I would pick June. Still hot, but not prime hurricane season. Early mornings in the park, pool time mid day and park time in the evenings. Regardless, I'm sure you'll have.

First two weeks of June or last two weeks of August, although your playing with luck the last two weeks of August hoping to avoid a major tropical storm/hurricane. Expect it to be hot (and very humid, especially in August), with thunderstorms a possibility as well in the afternoon/evening.

i went june 4th 2019 and though it is hot and humid, i agree with bringing cooling towels. they are amazing!! i literally tied it around my head like a bow and it really helped. i've never been any later than early june but have heard it gets really hot and humid. personally i would never go any later than the second week of june.

oh and if you do cooling towels, wet them the night before, put them in their container and then stick it in the fridge so they are nice and cold for the next day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!