Dinner at Yachtsman at 7:00pm
Head to Epcot for Extra Magic Hours

Rope Drop MK
Tour park until 2pm. Snack randomly.
Head back to WL
Lounge around pool/resort until 5pm
Dinner at BOATHOUSE 7:00pm
Bar hop Disney Springs

This is day #3 of my trip, using DxDP. Next morning I have an 8:00am Marceline to Magic Tour at MK. My first 2 days are pretty busy but I've built in a few hours each day to chill back at WL. This is a solo trip by the way.

All opinions welcome!!

If it were me, I would do number 3, but what this really comes down to is which restaurant do you prefer for food. That seems to be the make or break for each individual plan.

Haven't eaten at any of them yet but all 3 menus have several items that appeal to me.

I dont know if you have been to Disney Springs that time of evening, but it does get crowded then. I went to the AMC there to kill time on April 28th. Something to consider.

I dont know if you have been to Disney Springs that time of evening, but it does get crowded then. I went to the AMC there to kill time on April 28th. Something to consider.

Haven't been to DS at night, only during the late morning-early afternoon. Will it be crazy crowded mid week in late September? Can't imagine it could be more so than Epcot on a EMH night.

Thanks!

Haven't been to DS at night, only during the late morning-early afternoon. Will it be crazy crowded mid week in late September? Can't imagine it could be more so than Epcot on a EMH night.

Thanks!

Not crazy, but people do have a tendency to walk out of nowhere. It will be about as crowded as your average shopping mall. Just really have to stay aware of your surroundings and watch out for people, and expect a bit of a wait. Epcot will be more crowded(I was there at the end of the Cheer Championship Week), but you should be fine with any of the plans.

Of those three options, I'd probably do #3. I really enjoyed BOATHOUSE and I love bar hopping at Disney Springs. Also, if you time your dinner at BOATHOUSE right and sit outside, you can see the Epcot Illuminations fireworks from the dock.

I would do as you have planned until after your lounge at WL then I would play it by ear. When I go solo I do 0 planning, I have never had any problems getting a same day ADR and a lot of time I've found after lounging at the pool and bar I don't really feel like a big sit down supper.

I’d go with Option #3 (unless you’re looking for a somewhat quiet evening). You’ll have a relaxed afternoon and may want to pick things up for the evening. DS will do that.

Epcot EMH can be a ghost town - most of the shops, restaurants and the majority of WP shut down at the start of EMH. Great if you’re there for the rides alone, but I find it a bit of a downer with a mostly empty, lifeless park (odd feeling on the last trip walking the loop through a deserted and dark WP at 10:30).

Thanks for the replies. My current ADR is for AP but giving serious thought to switching it to the BH. Would love to spend some time hopping around DS at night since I know it won't be in our plans on future family trips traveling with an 8 year old.

My first two nights I'll be dining at CG and Narcoossee's. I've heard mixed but mostly good things about AP. Does anyone think I'll be missing out on a special meal by making a switch? I suppose I could switch it to my last day but I currently have Boma booked and I've never eaten there despite staying twice at AKL.

I say #2 because The Yachtsman Steakhouse, I haven't been since 2004 but have ADR this summer.. along with Extra Magic Hours!

I'd do plan #1. I would want to go to bed earlyish after getting up for rope drop that day, and with the 8AM tour the next morning, to get enough sleep. Being at WL for dinner makes it that much simpler.

But that is me -- someone who basically needs 9-10 hours of sleep a night :upsidedow

I'd do plan #1. I would want to go to bed earlyish after getting up for rope drop that day, and with the 8AM tour the next morning, to get enough sleep. Being at WL for dinner makes it that much simpler.

But that is me -- someone who basically needs 9-10 hours of sleep a night :upsidedow

I agree with #1 for the reasons listed above! Also, MK is a busy exhausting day so it'll good to stay back at your resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter