What should we not miss -- food related

The surveys are not sent to everyone at DLR. If you send a comment to Guest Services via the website (use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page), it will go to the appropriate department and copies will be sent to the right supervisors and managers. You may get a personal response either by phone or email asking if you want to discuss the matter in more detail. Definitely let Disney and NR know about your experience. It is important to keep them on their toes.

I received a survey today. I included my concerns on the survey.
Thanks!

I received a survey today. I included my concerns on the survey.
Thanks!

Glad to hear that you did receive a survey. If you have time, send a comment via the website as well. A comment via the website will go directly to the Guest Experience Dept., which will send it directly to the management at NR, whereas the survey may or may not (or may take a while to get there).
Sometimes it is easy for restaurants to rest on their laurels, so to speak. NR gets a lot of good word of mouth, but they need to keep earning their reputation like any other restaurant, Disney or not. Let them know what happened, that you know and expect better, and that they can do better. It will help future guests.

Last edited:
I would love to find a recipe for their dill pickle popcorn. That stuff is amazing but I have to ask for half the amount of seasoning.

Garlic cheddar bagel twist found at Maurice's cart in Fantasyland

This is a great thread! I'm going to Disneyland in July for the first time and I'm excited!! Is the Character Breakfast at the Plaza worth it? What about Ariel's Grotto?

This is a great thread! I'm going to Disneyland in July for the first time and I'm excited!! Is the Character Breakfast at the Plaza worth it? What about Ariel's Grotto?

Ariel's Grotto is no more. Closed permanently and when the restaurant space reopens, it sounds like it will not be for a character meal.

However, the Plaza Inn character breakfast is TOTALLY worth it! Good value for the food & character interaction that you get. We really enjoy it. My kids ask to do it every time.

What are you looking for in the breakfast? If you want to see a lot of characters yes. The food is equal to or less than HomeWood suites buffet.

Just so you know, Mickey does not appear at the Plaza Inn character breakfast. Minnie will be there with a lot of friends, but Mickey isn't one of them. He is at the Surf's Up character breakfast at the PPH.

Just so you know, Mickey does not appear at the Plaza Inn character breakfast. Minnie will be there with a lot of friends, but Mickey isn't one of them. He is at the Surf's Up character breakfast at the PPH.
And I believe he still shows up at dinner only at Goofy's Kitchen. At least that's what I'm hoping for on my trip in November.

What are you looking for in the breakfast? If you want to see a lot of characters yes. The food is equal to or less than HomeWood suites buffet.

We stay at Homewood Suites every visit and I would say confidently that the breakfast is better at the Plaza Inn buffet. The made-to-order omelettes are good. The eggs and meat choices are higher quality, as are the pastries. Not to slam Homewood, we eat breakfast there every morning we go, but I would Plaza Inn on a higher playing field.

We stay at Homewood Suites every visit and I would say confidently that the breakfast is better at the Plaza Inn buffet. The made-to-order omelettes are good. The eggs and meat choices are higher quality, as are the pastries. Not to slam Homewood, we eat breakfast there every morning we go, but I would Plaza Inn on a higher playing field.
I’m glad you had a good experience. I had an omelette. It was ok but wasn’t worth the price. The rest of the food was quite sub par. The pastries weren’t as good as gas station pastries.

And I believe he still shows up at dinner only at Goofy's Kitchen. At least that's what I'm hoping for on my trip in November.

Mickey has been at Goofy's Kitchen lately, I'm not sure how long it will last but we've seen him there a few times. If you are going for Characters, Plaza Inn has the most and widest variety.
For food I feel like Storytellers has the best quality food. I still enjoy the Plaza Inn food but Storytellers seemed to be higher quality all around... But at Storytellers you don't get as many characters.

Because lots of my friends ask which character breakfast to go to I've made a video about that too:

I’m glad you had a good experience. I had an omelette. It was ok but wasn’t worth the price. The rest of the food was quite sub par. The pastries weren’t as good as gas station pastries.

Have to agree. The food is fine, made-to-order omelette is definitely the best option, but overall none of the food is that memorable. Mickey waffles are fun.

Mickey has been at Goofy's Kitchen lately, I'm not sure how long it will last but we've seen him there a few times. If you are going for Characters, Plaza Inn has the most and widest variety.
For food I feel like Storytellers has the best quality food. I still enjoy the Plaza Inn food but Storytellers seemed to be higher quality all around... But at Storytellers you don't get as many characters.

Because lots of my friends ask which character breakfast to go to I've made a video about that too:

I like the idea of the rarer characters at Storytellers! A bunch of the characters you listed, I've never seen in Florida!

I try to seach before I ask questions. But it all comes up for WDW. I know those no problem. Just trying to find for Disneyland. The website just has approx costs. Thought I could find something for hard costs. Thanks anyway.

I try to seach before I ask questions. But it all comes up for WDW. I know those no problem. Just trying to find for Disneyland. The website just has approx costs. Thought I could find something for hard costs. Thanks anyway.

Our family doesn’t do character meals, but you might have luck using http://allears.net/dlr/dining/menus. They list prices, menus, and available discounts.

I try to seach before I ask questions. But it all comes up for WDW.
When you search, check the box that says "search this forum only" so you only get results from the disneyland forum. I'm not familiar with the character meals personally but I hope that helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter