What Resorts Do You Refuse to Stay At?

two resorts just didn't work for me: Coronado Springs and Grand Floridian. Neither felt "Disney" to me. if pressed I'd go back to Grand Floridian, but never CSR. and if Swan and Dolphin are included, never either of those two. hated the parking fee and service was bad.

Also despised being at All Star resorts during stays of sports/cheer groups. had a horrible experience with kids banging on the doors, totally unsupervised and when we complained to the front desk, they sent security, who came to our room--flagging us as the complainers! it got worse from there and we requested to be transferred anywhere on property where groups weren't...... which Disney was great about. but it was a horrible stressful experience.

Have well over 130 Disney resort stays ... so some of these are home away from homes ...

Have stayed at and won't return:
- AllStar Music (hate the layout, hate it's a value with no Disney connect, hate it's so dark and feels unsafe)

I feel that way about Sports. I found our room very dark and murky, there seemed to be no natural light at all, and the plugs wouldn't stay in the outlets, they kept falling out. Maybe it was the location, there were a lot of trees, but it was bordering on unpleasant for me. (not to mention the lizards I had to shoo away from the light above our door every night!)

Ummmm...none. I'd stay anywhere on property if it was the right price! I've stayed at a lot of different places over the years,and we've enjoyed every single one. We've found flaws too, but also enjoyed them. I have favorites, but none that I'd never stay at again. I could even camp in a tent, although that would be my very last choice lol

As many other people on here are saying, there isn't a resort I would refuse to stay at. I'd rather be at Disney in the worst resort than not at Disney at all. But I will say I have no interest in the campgrounds, because we do not camp and don't plan to, and I would be hard-pressed to pay for a room at any of the All Stars. They just look cheap and not very comfortable to me. I would stay at Pop Century for the right price, now that they've renovated it the rooms look interesting to me. Also, I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in Contemporary. Don't like the theming, everything is very bland to me (for something on Disney property) and there's no way I would pay that much money to stay in somewhere so bland when I could stay at the Poly.

Also, my fiancé has told me he has no interest in staying at the Grand Floridian. He doesn't like the theme of it or the "uppity" feel of the resort. I haven't written it off, I think it's beautiful and while I have many other resorts I'd stay in before that one, I would like to try it someday.

Deluxes

I just can't justify spending those prices. The opposite of most. Values are expensive compared to other hotels, but a deluxe is astronomical, 3-4X more than I've ever spent on a hotel. Especially considering I spend an hour a day awake in the place

Deluxes

I just can't justify spending those prices. The opposite of most. Values are expensive compared to other hotels, but a deluxe is astronomical, 3-4X more than I've ever spent on a hotel. Especially considering I spend an hour a day awake in the place

This is how we feel- we want a bed at the end of the night and Disney transportation. Values are cramped for us but I also consider them expensive for just sleeping and bathing. We have stayed at a few moderates years ago but they are overpriced even with a discount.

I wouldn't stay at a value. Also would not stay at a deluxe unless I was sharing cost with someone.... or I won the lottery!

I would not stay at a value not even for a night. Moderates maybe for a few nights. I'm a deluxe person...mostly Epcot resort person. I am staying at WL next time to save a little money but I'd rather be at the Boardwalk.

I don't do Values either, or 1/2 the mods... and maybe two DVC properties.

All Star Sports
All Star Music
All Star Movies
Pop Century
Port Orleans French Quarter
Saratoga Springs
Old Key West

No to where they allow dogs (other than service dogs)..
AOA
PORFQ
Fort Wilderness cabins
YC
I have to agree.

We booked a cabin at Fort Wilderness months before they announced the dog policy. We are a family of 6 so we are limited in where we can stay, and we are going for the marathon weekend so our dates are not at all flexible. Of course, nothing else is available, so we are staying with the cabin. But going forward, if they keep the dog policy, I won't be able to stay there. :(

I don't know that I'd refuse to stay anywhere on property. While we used to own a camper and no longer have camping equipment, I'd still consider FW cabins. If I were taking the kiddos then I'd probably go for the least expensive rooms we could get as there's a total of 6 of us and we'd need two rooms. We've stayed at Pop, ASMu, ASMo, ASSp, CR, and POFQ. Going back to ASSp and FQ in January.

I guess there aren't any, because I tried to get my never-again resort (CBR - just too big, with too many bus stops) for March because one of my kids really, really wanted it. We've stayed at most of the values and all of the mods and that's the only one I'd really never go back to, though it would take a pretty great deal to get me back to Wilderness Lodge. The theme just didn't appeal and I didn't feel like the proximity to MK was a selling point since the boat wasn't any quicker or easier than buses from other resorts.

I don't have a lot of interest in the Disney Springs area DVC properties for the same reason I didn't like CBR - too big, too many bus stops, too much transportation time - and I'd only be willing to try the campground in a cabin, preferably on a driving trip so we could get ourselves to the parks if we didn't care for how the buses were going.

I don't do the Value properties. I was going to stay at POP once, but got a good deal elsewhere. I think my issue is with the theming which really is the only reason I stay at Disney resorts anymore. I have a friend staying at All Star Sports at the beginning of 2018 and told her I wanted a full report.

I've stayed at MODs, but, depending on price, would stay offsite if I can't get, what I consider, a good deal since I feel the quality at most offsites that I've stayed at are better quality than the Disney MODs. I enjoyed the theming at both CSR and POR and would stay at either again--well, maybe not POR with pets...but that's another issue.

Deluxe are crazy expensive, but, again, I like the theming, especially AKL--I will always stay there with the right deal if I can.

I don't think I would refuse any resort - IF somebody else pays :))) (though tent on the camp grounds would not work for sure, but they are not RESORT really).

We stayed in Port Orleans French Quarter, in Animal Kingdom, Yacht Club and Grand Floridian. Each of them was very nice in their own way, we enjoyed every trip.

But if I have to choose and pay myself - I didn't really like the rooms in French Quarter too much: I like light, and the rooms were kinda dark all the time. Also those outside doors are not my favorites. Though if the trip is mostly parks - who cares.

I think the forever favorite for us was the Animal Kingdom. It's AMAZING resort: the design, the animals, the restaurants.

But for our upcoming couple trip in December we are trying Boardwalk for 3 days, and also staying for one night in Main Building in Grand Floridian. Because it is Christmas. And also we plan to spend a lot of time in Epcot. I am sure we will love the Boardwalk too!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter