What Resorts Do You Refuse to Stay At?

There isn't a place I would flat out refuse to stay at. Better to be at Disney than not at Disney. However, the values for me are an absolute last resort. I strongly dislike the bright, over the top theming and the hordes of families with small children and the crap dining options. Not that I hate small children, but I am just past that stage in my life and prefer a more relaxing hotel experience at this point. When our daughter was small we loved the values for the bold colors, in your face theming, and price point. That being said, we are going to try out Pop for our one nighter next month just to check out the new rooms. They look to be very much done in the aesthetic I prefer.

refuse is probably strong but I avoid the values, though I would tack a single night to the front or end of my trip out of necessity. I didn't like CBR either and would do a lot to avoid staying there again. I haven't stayed at any other moderates. I avoid the dolphin too after a bad experience there. I haven't stayed at many villas to judge them, but all eight regular deluxe resorts have been good experiences for the most part.

Art of Animation.

The fact that most of the sleeping spaces are "pull outs" of some sort really bothers me (we are a family of 6, so we would need to use them all.) Also, the decor or the rooms is too bright and "busy" for my tastes. I feel stressed out just looking at photos of the rooms.

Not to mention that eye-burning carpet! It's so ugly! It looks like a cheap arcade floor. The Cars suite is more tolerable though in my opinion.

SSR is our least favorite and I wouldn't stay there again unless it was practically free.
I refuse to pay even half rack rate for most deluxe studio rooms. The resorts are beautiful but, imo, they aren't worth the price.

For perspective, we usually rent DVC points for 2 bedroom villas. Our favorite resort is AKL.

I'm surprised so many people are saying values. I only stayed 2 nights at ASMu, but we actually loved it. It was immediately following our disappointing stay at SSR, so that might have weighted our opinion, but I would absolutely book multiple rooms there before staying at SSR again.

I would narrow out every value either. I think they are great if you're on a budget. The beds aren't bad, especially after a long park day. Plus, they're probably the most Disney-themed, which makes them great for die-hard fans.

Any value. Any moderate besides port Orleans French quarter or riverside. And definitely not beach club.
Probably wouldn’t consider Saratoga or old key west either.
Come to think of it, I wouldn’t stay at the Swan or dolphin either.

Out of curiosity, why wouldn't you stay at Swan or Dolphin? I've been considering taking the dive lately.

I don’t think I could stay a whole week at a value. I wouldn’t camp at Disney. The contemporary also does not appeal to me.

For me its AoA, it was just too busy, way too many people everywhere, the food court and the bus lines were crazy. I had to wait for the next DME there was that many people in line. We only did one night and that's it for value for me I'm afraid. But if I got a free trip to a value i wouldn't say no!

Camping would be my worst nightmare, its not a holiday to me if i am not in a nice, comfortable room.

I would not refuse but have no interest in the values, FW, SSR, and OKW.
We usually visit every few years and stay at a different resort each time. We have done a few split stays.

I have loved every resort we have stayed which are Poly, WL, CR, GF, YC, POFQ, AKL, and CBR.

Would consider BC, BW, and CSR on future trips.

We will be experiencing POR in close to a year!

I have no desire to stay at FW campground or cabins, WL, CBR, CSR, Key West, Saratoga Springs or values. We'd stay at a value for a few nights before moving to one of our preferred resorts. We'd stay at WL, CBR, CSR, Key West and Saratoga for longer than a few days if they were discounted and our best choice for that trip...but I've always found good rates at the resorts I love, so I've never had to worry about staying at a place I'm not thrilled with.

Any value. We had a HORRIBLE experience at Pop for our first Disney trip and I refuse to go back.

As the title says, what resorts do you refuse to stay at and why? What resorts have you stayed at, but refuse to stay at again or even stray others from staying there?

I have stayed at ASMo and I now strongly advise others not to stay there. I had a HORRENDOUS experience there that was worsened by the management's reaction to it. Without ranting too much it was a situation with a massive amount of mold in a room where someone who is highly sensitive to mold was staying, followed by rooms with more mold and a manager who seemed to never be present.

Surprisingly, I have absolutely no interest in the Poly. It seems to outdated to me and I am simply not a fan of the theming.
As the title says, what resorts do you refuse to stay at and why? What resorts have you stayed at, but refuse to stay at again or even stray others from staying there?

I have stayed at ASMo and I now strongly advise others not to stay there. I had a HORRENDOUS experience there that was worsened by the management's reaction to it. Without ranting too much it was a situation with a massive amount of mold in a room where someone who is highly sensitive to mold was staying, followed by rooms with more mold and a manager who seemed to never be present.

Surprisingly, I have absolutely no interest in the Poly. It seems to outdated to me and I am simply not a fan of the theming.
Saratoga Springs. Transportation bus issues. Staff that didn't care at all. Will never go back.

For me it is All Star Sports. The theming has zero interest for me and I think I would be miserable surrounded by it for a whole trip.

Hmmmm...I have stayed at: Pop, ASMu, AoA, POFQ, FW Cabins, SSR, OKW, WL, Poly, AKL and Contemporary. The only one I would not book again is All Star Music.

I’d refuse a campsite in the summer. I don’t think I’d refuse any resort if money was not an issue. Taking money into account, there would be a few places I wouldn’t stay at since I feel they are not worth the price. For example, while I’d like to stay at the Poly someday, I would never pay full price for a Bora Bora room knowing that I could go to Bora Bora for less money.

We didn't enjoy Pop when we stayed a few years back, and we're not fans of the recent room rehabs, so probably wouldn't return there, but if we were pinched for money, we're still at Disney at the end of the day!

We have stayed at all levels of Disney resorts. The only resort I’d refuse is a tent campsite. I don’t like tent camping even in nice weather, much less Florida heat/humidity/rain. I wouldn’t mind RV camping there, however!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter