What is your every day hack that makes your life easier or better?

That is an excellent tip. I wish my husband would do it, instead he does the ball of laundry on bed technique. :laundy:
I use the "leave it in the dryer until A) I need it or B) I need to put another load in there.
Match socks as they come out of dryer.
Therein lies the problem. The sock monster that lives in the dryer eats them. 47 socks go in the wash, 7 come back out. As my kids grow out of socks, I am just buying all the exact same socks. Same type, same color, they wear the same size. Bam. No matching needed. Grab 2 socks and go!

Therein lies the problem. The sock monster that lives in the dryer eats them. 47 socks go in the wash, 7 come back out. As my kids grow out of socks, I am just buying all the exact same socks. Same type, same color, they wear the same size. Bam. No matching needed. Grab 2 socks and go!
I do the same. Buy DH the same socks every time they need replacing so that as his socks get holes (I don't know what this man is doing since I don't think I've ever gotten a hole in a sock LOL) or if one gets lost it doesn't matter. They all go together and we just pair up what's left.

I do the same. Buy DH the same socks every time they need replacing so that as his socks get holes (I don't know what this man is doing since I don't think I've ever gotten a hole in a sock LOL) or if one gets lost it doesn't matter. They all go together and we just pair up what's left.
Exactly... Fortunately, my kids are close enough in age that they can wear the same size socks lol. They both do have a few fun socks but the vast majority are black Champion brand socks. I went for black so I didn't have to worry about keeping white socks white lol. Boys are gross

I use the "leave it in the dryer until A) I need it or B) I need to put another load in there.
We run 2 to 3 loads per day, nothing is going to sit for long around here. I fold or hang right away. I hate ironing/steaming, and avoid it at all costs. I am glad DH does lots of laundry and doesn’t mind his wrinkled clothes!

I like this. I might have to give this a shot. I use my camping coolers now for keeping things together on my way home from shopping but having a basket or two committed to the task sounds like a wonderful idea.
I use the hillbilly version - a large sturdy box I toted home from costco during my last grocery run. lol. It sits in my trunk: it 'ain't pretty but it does the job and was free.

Last edited:
As my kids grow out of socks, I am just buying all the exact same socks. Same type, same color, they wear the same size. Bam. No matching needed. Grab 2 socks and go!

Yep, my mom came up with that idea for me when I was a teen. No more mis-matched socks. Life became so much easier in the sock department after that. And I still buy batches of the same socks to this day.

same here with socks and for a time it extended to men's underwear. since the menfolk in the house wore the same brand/style/size it was easier to get identical and not sort it.

I'm a lazy cleaner, but my best hack is keeping things "tidy." My house may not be clean but at the surface level it looks like it is. A few minutes a day tidying up can save hours.

As for laundry, I never start a load unless me or another family member is going to be around to finish it and get it stacked and ready to put away. Then it's put away by its owner before nightfall.

For me, it's all about the slippery slope. I try not to go there. If things are tidy and organized, when I do clean, it's easier and takes less time. The only time I don't do this is when I'm sick and I always end up feeling like it's a lot of work to get back on track once I feel better.

I keep a black sharpie in the kitchen and write on every item when I open it - this way I can easily keep track of how old something is, and when it needs to be thrown out. I don’t like guessing :sad2:

I have a small food scale so I can individually wrap up, weigh and write on the wrap (with the black sharpie) all chicken breasts when I buy them in bulk. Then they go in the freezer.

We run 2 to 3 loads per day, nothing is going to sit for long around here. I fold or hang right away. I hate ironing/steaming, and avoid it at all costs. I am glad DH does lots of laundry and doesn’t mind his wrinkled clothes!
Downy wrinkle release is a miracle!! I love that stuff. The only material it doesn't seem to work well on is like the rayon, super thin, womens dress shirts like this
https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6...st-babydoll-top.jsp?color=Black Trail&prdPV=5

We usually do 3-4 loads a week. My boys are 10 and 13 so I'm starting to get them doing their own laundry. We'll see how that goes lmao

Downy wrinkle release is a miracle!! I love that stuff. The only material it doesn't seem to work well on is like the rayon, super thin, womens dress shirts like this
https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6640611/womens-nine-west-babydoll-top.jsp?color=Black Trail&prdPV=5

We usually do 3-4 loads a week. My boys are 10 and 13 so I'm starting to get them doing their own laundry. We'll see how that goes lmao
What. I never heard of Downy Wrinkle Release. I will definitely check that out- thanks for the tip!

I use the cooler for soaking things. I soak corn on the cob, in the husks, so we can roast it on the grill. It's also a great place to brine the Thanksgiving turkey. The cooler is large enough to hold "big things" and marinade without sloshing over and making a mess.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest