What is there to do at Disney Quest . . .

mermaid

Earning My Ears
for my 21 year old, non verbal, wheelchair bound, non-adverturous younger brother. He is not in an electric chair, so upper body mobility is really good, just not fine motor skills. Would he find stuff to keep him busy? Also has anyone in a wheelchair ever done the RIchard Petty rookie experience - i.e. you just ride in the car - my brother would love that he is a big NASCAR fan.

Welcome to the disABILITIES Board. I haven't been to DisneyQuest. Hopefully someone will answer who has, but if you don't get any other answers, you may want to try calling WDW RESORTS/SPECIAL RESERVATIONS
(407) 939-7807 [voice]
(407) 939-7670 [TTY]
I don't think it's exactly the type of question they would usually get, but they would probably be able to refer you to someone who can help.

SueM in MN
Co-Moderator of disABILITIES
cinderella08.gif
ˇ

Disney Quest is like a huge arcade. If your brother likes video games, he will love Disney Quest. There is a cyber cafe in the middle. People eating and checking their email. You can design your own roller coaster and then ride it. There are 3d games, where you put on virtual reality headsets and feel like you are in the game. It is electronic heaven for a gamer!

When I took my daughter (who's in a wheelchair)to DisneQuest, she was able to do almost everything. She could do all artistic activities (like designing your own toy) without leaving her wheelchair, and she was able to ride Aladdin, Alien and Hercules staying in her wheelchair. She needed to get out of her wheelchair to ride Buzz Lightyear, Virtual Jungle Cruise, CyberSpace Mountain and Ride the Comics, but the cast members were all very patient and helpful, especially when it took 3 of us to help her into the Cyber Space Mountain capsule. The only thing she couldn't ride was the Mighty Ducks, because you need to stand up throughout the whole ride.
Also, Disney Quest can get very crowded, especially around the art activities. My daughter can't have her knee touched, and it got very close when everyone was rushing around trying to get a go on things (there are no queues on some activities).
I hope this has been of some help to you :D .

sleepmovposter.jpg

Thank you, PigSoldier. That was very helpful information. Especially the list of rides she could stay in the wheelchair for.

SueM in MN
Co-Moderator of disABILITIES

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter