What is the first vacation you remember vs the last vacation you went on?

I have brief memories of a car trip to Canada with my parents and little sister when I was about 6. Things that stand out: Staying at a hotel with a swimming pool in Ellsworth, ME (at the time I had an "Ellsworth the Elephant" book- bought way before the trip- but that was the connection) and my sister sitting on the floor of the back seat of the car, throwing up (parents TOLD her not to sit on the floor).

The first vacation I remember was to Saint Augustine Florida (a 2 day road trip with Mom and Dad and our dog). My last vacation was to "The Cape" [Cape Cod to non-New Englanders], specifically Harwichport.

I remember Disneyland. I was very young and it was amazing. My last vacation ended today. It was to Iceland, and it was also amazing.

First vacation I have any memory of is the Wisconsin Dells. We did a duckboat tour, but mostly hung out at the hotel pool.

I just got back from vacation yesterday, spending a week in Banff National Park and Calgary.

Not sure if I really remember it or just family stories about the locale.
Nana and Papa ( or should I say Papa) owned a house with land in Saratoga Springs. They took most of their children and their children there for a few summers.
Eventually, Papa gave the property to his church which created…never to be forgotten and often prayed over issues with Nana 😆.

VS.

My first wheelchair vac to WDW. I’m viewing it as a precursor to an overseas trip in the spring of ‘25.

My first was from Ontario to my parents home Province of Newfoundland. My mom was one of 11 children, and my dad 5. Our family was until then just the 5 of us. It lovingly became HUGH!

It was a L. O.. N... G! dusty road trip. The Trans Canada was new, and gravel. The Marine Atlantic crossing a child's magical adventure.

The sea was storm heightened; the hatches battened down. Mom suffered motion sickness. My father a Royal Navy Vet WWII was elated, and so happy to be going HOME for our first visit. The year was 1962. 😀

The last from Ontario to Newark N. J. to take a RCCL cruise to Bermuda. We took our Dgs and our Ddil. Our Dgs had been on a Disney cruise with us so this was a time to experience cruising through a pre teens eyes. It was Ddil's first cruise which gave her the opportunity to see what Dgs cruise was like. 😀

1st picture is of me, my brother, and twins we met onboard.
2nd Mom feeling better after the storm passed.
3rd Dad in a laneway once we arrived.

Attachments

• 20240710_202508.jpg
    20240710_202508.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240710_202114.jpg
    20240710_202114.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240710_202128.jpg
    20240710_202128.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
First one I remember was visiting family friends in the Boston area. Last one was to Las Vegas in April.

First vacation was to Pacific Grove (California Monterey Bay area). We stayed with my great aunt and uncle - such fun, amazing people - while my parents stayed in a near-by rather run-down hotel (which, last time I saw it, was a ritzy B & B). Uncle Frank had worked in Cannery Row in its heyday (he built the little house that is the last one on the coastline before you turn up to go to the museum, if you know the area), and my Aunt Stelle made the best hot cereal with bacon. We stayed in Pacific Grove (moved up to "the little red motels" - a cottage motor in) then moved on to Carmel, every summer for many years (my parents would rent a house for a month in the Carmel Woods from a teacher who would visit her brother in Oakland every summer; my dad, who was the UNhandiest person you could imagine, would do some work around the house to defray some of the cost). Our last vacation - in April - was to DL and going again in 2 weeks (we first got to go to DL about the 3rd year it was open).

First vacation was a trip to Ocean City NJ as a small child around 4 years old . Not sure how long we stayed . We went with my Maternal Grandparents.
Last vacation was a month ago with DH about 20 miles south in Avalon NJ.

Vermont to Maine. I swear I’ve traveled all over in between those vacations 🤣

Very small bits of memories from Niagara Falls when I was 3. Most recent was Cape May, NJ in April.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest