What first names annoy you because of people you have met?

skyler, skylar and schuyler-very unpleasant interactions w/one of each (though didn't know at the time the spellings of their names were different).

Brianna - and any spelling variation. Every one that I have met has been nuts (around 6-8 of them). To the point where upon meeting this girl for the first time I thought to myself "I bet her name is Brianna" and lo and behold it was 😶

Ray
Regina
Hayleigh
Any girls name ending with "leigh" "lee" or "ley"
Action names like Hunter, Ryder, Walker
Wyatt
Tristan
Cody
Colt
Travis
Any name that contains punctuation
Names that are spelled in "creative" (read: stupid) ways
Donna
Karen
Abby
Kelly
Katelyn, Caitlyn, and any other spellings of it
Jackson
And lastly, my own horrid name

Last edited:
Lots. But I can't put them here because they're usually associated with a challenging kiddo I've worked with.

For example I don't like the name Jamie because I never liked a Jamie in school.

Ha! I just read the title and said Jamie before reading your post. Both male and female!

Jamie's and I don't mix. No bueno. :sad2: And I know now every time I meet a Jaime I go in with preconceived notions. Not really fair, but the other Jamie's have ruined it.

Tammy...I had a friend in high school and we remained friends until a few years ago when I couldn't deal with her toxic attitude anymore. I spent far too many years listening to how society is responsible for all of her personal problems. Once she had a child she actually said that it was much harder than babysitting, which is what she though parenting would be like.

Megan (various spellings)

Amber

Jessica

Justin

Brad

David

And lastly I love my name but when I was born it was not very popular and then suddenly it was. When I worked at the insurance company I would get countless phone calls with "oh my daughter's name is that" or "my granddaughter's name is that" or "oh I know someone with that name" and it usually would follow with a discussion on how I spell it. Not exactly annoying just that there's just so many of them now. On the upside though I can find souvenir stuff with my name on it now :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter