What F&W dates would you book?

Which dates would you book?

• Mon, Oct 22 to Sat, Oct 27

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • Sun, Oct 28 to Fri, Nov 2

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With the Wine and Dine race being the 1st-4th next year I'd go for the earlier dates. It does get busier with race participants coming in.

I just finished my BWV standard bookings for 14 to 22. I started looking mid Sept on line and could never catch the first day. I waited till end and Sept and tried and still could not get 1st nt. I finally did get on at 8am and caught one (all standards) and had to walk all the way to get my 2 ressies. I just checked Bwv online booking and the only rooms not locked out were 1 bedrooms and Poolview 2 bed and studios. All standard studios and 2 bed were locked but the the 1 bed standard. I hope your're checking every morning or don't need a standard studio or 2 bed.
Good luck

I just finished my BWV standard bookings for 14 to 22. I started looking mid Sept on line and could never catch the first day. I waited till end and Sept and tried and still could not get 1st nt. I finally did get on at 8am and caught one (all standards) and had to walk all the way to get my 2 ressies. I just checked Bwv online booking and the only rooms not locked out were 1 bedrooms and Poolview 2 bed and studios. All standard studios and 2 bed were locked but the the 1 bed standard. I hope your're checking every morning or don't need a standard studio or 2 bed.
Good luck
I am going to book a 1BR standard. I have also been watching. If I book for SIL I would book standard view studio so she may be on her own this year. She has SSR and AKV.

Early October is different than late October though for booking, much like early December is different than later in December. The BWV standard studios are often difficult but it isn't quite as crazy later in the month.

I've been watching, too. Prior to online booking opening on the 14th, the 14th and 15th were already gone. On the 17th, prior to online opening, the 17th and 18th were gone. (for standard studios)

We plan on traveling sometime between Dec 16 and 24 in 2018. In 2019 we want Thanksgiving week, so I'm watching to see how tough it's going to be. Watching October has been kinda crazy!

Pretty even. Ahhhh. Not sure what to book. BTW...adults only trip as our kids are all in college.
A) the second date allows me to miss Halloween at home which would be good since it's a madhouse in my neighborhood with like 150+ trick or treaters. I would not mind skipping.
B) the first date is better for plans....drive 6-7 hours on Sunday and arrive Monday after 2-3 hour drive. Then do F&W Mon to Thur and do MNSSHP on Fri. Check out and drive several hours on Sat, stopping so DH can watch some college football but not hard pressed because his team, Buckeyes, has a bye.
C) but second date is less points with just Sun to Fri (instead of Mon to Sat).
D) but second date goes into Wine and Dine marathon.
E) can do MNSSHP On Halloween with second date but that could be bad if it's more busy than the week before (don't know).

I did around the first dates last year and it was a good trip. The day I left was the Saturday before Halloween and MK was the most crowded I’ve ever seen, left for the flight around 1:00.

We did Halloween weekend a couple years ago...2015. It was busy but it seems it's always busy anymore. This year we went Oct 1-8 and that was busy, especially on the weekend so that's why we are avoiding a weekend this year.

Was at F&W this year Nov 1-5, during the week was less crowded. Race and weekend crowds made WS quite busy. Avoid weekends and during race if you can. Since the marathon ended in Epcot parking lot on Sunday, the IG was closed to enter from BC and BWV, little more of a hassle getting into the park.

I have been trying to book a Boardwalk standard studio at 11 months all this last week, but no luck.

When my phone and computer clock clicks over to 8am and I try to book, the date has not yet advanced to the 11 month date on DVC calendar. I back out and try again, and before 8:01 all rooms are already gone. I shall keep trying. Last year was the first year I couldn't get a standard studio for Food & Wine, finally booked Boardwalk view

Standard studios....Looks like someone is walking because every day I check and the one day 11 months out is gone but then the next day that 11 month day is gone and the day before is open again. Looks like only weekends are staying booked which is good for me because we want weekdays to avoid crowds. Right now, from the 9th to 19th of October....only the 14th and 19th are booked. I suspect the 19th will be open tomorrow and the 20th will be booked.

Been trying to book a std 2bd for a few days for October; not able to get it. Have also been trying to for the 2bd std villa at BLT. I got it this morning, after being kicked out once. Good luck-- a 1bd is more likely for the boardwalk so you should be able to get it.

I voted for the later time, though I can totally see all the pluses for the earlier dates, especially because of the marathon. We were there from the 7th-13th this year and really enjoyed F&W. The weather was perfect, and as I posted somewhere else, we were even there Friday the 10th and while yes, there were a lot of people, we never waited in a line more then 5-6 minutes. And we needed the time anyway just to digest the great food from the prior kiosk!!!! One consideration for us, though, is the weather and by that I mean not only letting another week go by to (hopefully) get past the hotter times, but also to remove yourself further from the hurricane season. Granted, it's unpredictable, I know that. But if I'm going to gamble on the weather, then I'll gamble on the later dates during this particular time of year, especially after this past hurricane season.

We were there Halloween week this year. Halloween afternoon/evening we were at epcot, and it was so slow I was amazed! Especially in the evening. I'm sure everyone had their young children out doing Halloween things so that was probably why. We went on Soarin 3 times in a row with minimal waiting. We walked up to a perfect view of illuminations about 15 minutes before it started. I'm not patient about waiting along time so that's the best view we've ever had! The best part of the week was that we saw Halloween decorations and Christmas decorations.

Going with the later week. Was considering booking a 2BR standard view for the earlier week but kept watching and even tried to book for 21-26 and it was gone right at 8am. Same with today for the 22-27. I might just keep trying to grab that. I got two standard view studios last year...for this past Oct...without any trouble (right at 8am of 11 month window, of course...but booked 2nd one about 5 minutes into window). Surprised it's this hard to even get one right at 8am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter