What date did the MK get decorated for fall/MNSSHP?

We were there two days ago. The pumpkins and fall decor were out in full display. However, I did not see any "halloween" ish decorations.

On our way out of the park on night of 8/13 there were a few decorations high on the buildings along Main Street. When we returned the morning of 8/14 much more was done. Wouldn't say it was totally finished but they didn't have much to finish prior to the first party which I believe was held on 8/17.

Does anyone know what date MK turned over to fall decorations for MNSSHP? What date do they usually do this each August?

As PP noted, decorations started to appear last Monday 8/13, with a little bit more added each day leading up to the first MNSSHP on Friday, 8/17.

Hard to draw year-over-year conclusions as to exact timing of decorations as MNSSHP this year was 7 days earlier than 2017.

As PP noted, decorations started to appear last Monday 8/13, with a little bit more added each day leading up to the first MNSSHP on Friday, 8/17.

Hard to draw year-over-year conclusions as to exact timing of decorations as MNSSHP this year was 7 days earlier than 2017.

Anyone know historically when they are put up? And why it was a week earlier this year?

Anyone know historically when they are put up? And why it was a week earlier this year?

Decorations are directly related to MNSSHP, which has been trending earlier and earlier the last few years:

2018 First MNSSHP - 8/17
2017 First MNSSHP - 8/25
2016 First MNSSHP - 9/2
2015 First MNSSHP - 9/15
2014 First MNSSHP - 9/1
2013 First MNSSHP - 9/10
2012 First MNSSHP - 9/11

Why was the first party a week earlier this year? Demand. The first party this past Friday sold out.

DD15’s birthday is October 4th, and she refuses to have anything to do with Halloween prior to her birthday... a foible she adopted and adapted from me and my November 29th birthday and Christmas thing. She as quite put out to see pumpkins everywhere last Tuesday

Whatever day is before the first Halloween Party
ETA - Same way Christmas decorations are done day before the first Christmas party. (which is also day after last Halloween Party (magic mice work hard overnight ;) )
Like you noted they tend to take down Halloween and start installing for Christmas at the same time. I expect Halloween to be gone at MK Nov. 2nd and Christmas to arrive the next morning.

I also am secretly hoping they leave the Halloween decor up at least Nov. 1st if not the 2nd because I have never seen in it and I don't arrive until the 1st. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts