What are you using for car rentals?

I find Costco prices change all the time?
I checked again, there's been no drop in price over the last 4 months. Best current price on a midsize for our 2 week trip is $515 USD which is over $700 CND. I have a car reserved through Expedia for under $600 CND, not great, but prices haven't budged.

I checked again, there's been no drop in price over the last 4 months. Best current price on a midsize for our 2 week trip is $515 USD which is over $700 CND. I have a car reserved through Expedia for under $600 CND, not great, but prices haven't budged.
I’ve has several price drops. But I’m picking car up at Ft. Lauderdale Airport and dropping off at Disney Car Care, so probably different prices than MCO. They just had a small price drop this week so now for my 12 days it’s $345

We b
Hey all. I checked the transportation board for my month (July) but the Americans are all taking teensy little 3-5 day vacations (not worth getting on a plane for that IMO). We will be there for 2 weeks starting Jul 29. I figure the rates should be dropping by now but the best we're getting is around $450 US for an intermediate or standard.

We booked about three weeks before our April trip with Priceline. Two weeks for $288 Canadian, all taxes in. We were at almost $400 US before that.

We b

We booked about three weeks before our April trip with Priceline. Two weeks for $288 Canadian, all taxes in. We were at almost $400 US before that.
No luck for me. Just looked. Prices $150 more than Costco. But I’ll keep on comparing. Maybe I’ll get lucky!

Alert.....my 12 day Alamo (Costco) rental pick up in Ft Lauderdale dropping off at wdw just dropped from $346 to $322. Mid August.

I used payless.com and got a 5 day rental through budget picking up by disney springs for $136. I haven't found anything that comes close to this price. We are taking DME to our resort, then a couple days later picking up the car for 5 days. Returning it and switching to another Disney resort. Then we will take DME back to the airport on our last day.

Last edited:
I ised payless.com and got a 5 day rental through budget picking up by disney springs for $136. I haven't found anything that comes close to this price. We are taking DME to our resort, then a couple days later picking up the car for 5 days. Returning it and switching to another Disney resort. Then we will take DME back to the airport on our last day.
Good price. I used Costco and Disney Springs Doubletree for Budget. Since I don’t know your dates I used random Aug dates for 5 days and got $149 for midsize car.

Good price. I used Costco and Disney Springs Doubletree for Budget. Since I don’t know your dates I used random Aug dates for 5 days and got $149 for midsize car.
My dates that I needed a car are July 15-20. I just got an economy car. We plan to drive to the parks and switch cars with my son's minivan so we can take the grandchildren back for naps or early if they want to stay for fireworks. Payless does have great rates around that area, I talked to someone who rented from Doubltree, said they were very nice & nice cars.

My dates that I needed a car are July 15-20. I just got an economy car. We plan to drive to the parks and switch cars with my son's minivan so we can take the grandchildren back for naps or early if they want to stay for fireworks. Payless does have great rates around that area, I talked to someone who rented from Doubltree, said they were very nice & nice cars.
Do you have to pay ahead with Payless?
I’ve returned cars at Doubletree. Never a problem. We pick up car in Ft Lauderdale then return after WDW resort check in. But I have been using Alamo and returning to Disney CCC across from TTC I will check out Payless to compare for our trip.

Do you have to pay ahead with Payless?
I’ve returned cars at Doubletree. Never a problem. We pick up car in Ft Lauderdale then return after WDW resort check in. But I have been using Alamo and returning to Disney CCC across from TTC I will check out Payless to compare for our trip.
No we chose not to pay ahead. The price would have been less if we paid ahead. It was exactly $136.04. I made a copy of our credit card rental car waiver to show them, so we can decline the insurance they try to sell. DH's credit card covers that so that is the card we will use. I always make a copy when we travel, but no one has ever asked to see the paperwork.

I w
Alert.....my 12 day Alamo (Costco) rental pick up in Ft Lauderdale dropping off at wdw just dropped from $346 to $322. Mid August.
wasn't going to bother at a price drop of less than 20 dollars but I just checked costco and our rental in Fort Lauderdale Aug 7-14 just dropped 50 bucks. Now it's $203 including taxes. Guess what I'm rebooking this afternoon

I w

wasn't going to bother at a price drop of less than 20 dollars but I just checked costco and our rental in Fort Lauderdale Aug 7-14 just dropped 50 bucks. Now it's $203 including taxes. Guess what I'm rebooking this afternoon
Woohoo! We fly into FLL Aug 15, still expecting more drops.

Last edited:
Now, I haven't tried this myself, BUT I was told that we can book car rental trough the American Costco travel site and it's often cheaper. We can't book vacations, but car rental seems to be ok. Might be worth checking? Like I said, I've never used it though.

I just checked for the fun of it and right now it's 30 dollars cheaper for the Canadian site for the car we want. Both sites list in US dollars. But this is the first time I check. Might be fun to check over the next few days or weeks to see how much each site would fluctuate. I couldn't really beat the current price drop. Costco was 203 and alamo was 205 if you use the pay now. I don't really see it dropping much more than that. I thought of using my airmiles but it was 2000 miles for the week. I've had week long rentals for half of that so I'll keep collecting and stock piling them :)

Prices sure do change quickly. Originally had a minivan booked through Costco for our upcoming Disneyland trip and decided to switch to an Intermediate SUV just over a week ago for $211 USD. Just looked on Costco site now and the same SUV through the same company is now $391 USD!

Prices sure do change quickly. Originally had a minivan booked through Costco for our upcoming Disneyland trip and decided to switch to an Intermediate SUV just over a week ago for $211 USD. Just looked on Costco site now and the same SUV through the same company is now $391 USD!
Yup, they go up and down like a yo-yo. I check daily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter