what are the odds...

DIS Dad #856
of being able to reliably book a studio (any level) at 7 months and 8-10 months home resort from mid june to mid august for 7 nights consecutively?
I ask because of my wife's vacation policies and the daughters school schedule.

9 times out of 10 you'll get SSR, OKW or AKV those months. Other resorts can vary.

You should be able to get the above noted resorts and could consider a split stay with 3 nights one resort and 4 at another. It can be fun to change resorts and get almost 2 vacations in one. Such a bummer when work and school interfere with disney.

IMO, for mid-June thru mid-August, you should be able to reliably book a studio at your home resort 8-10 months prior to arrival, with the possible exception of the least expensive category (value, standard) & concierge (if AKV is your home).

Mid-summer is one of the easier times to book at 7 months. The MK & Epcot resorts will book up very quickly once the 7 month window opens, however.

Last edited:
At 7 months out for mid-June to mid-August for studios:

1.Usually open: BWV pool/garden view, BLT lake view, Poly, BRV, AKV standard and savanna view at Kidani and often at Jambo, OKW with the sometimes exception for rooms in the near Hospitality House booking category, and SSR.

2. Usually impossible to get: AKV club level and value.

3. Very difficult: BLT standard and BWV standard but you might get lucky and sometimes find three or possibly four consecutive days open particularly during DVC's second lowest demand time of the year that runs from July 7 to July 31.

4. Difficult: BWV boardwalk view and VGF (both standard and lake view) but you can sometimes find openings and even potentially a week during that July 7 to 31 time.

5. Not quite as difficult: BCV and BLT Theme Park view which are usually a 50/50 chance during that period except little chance for holiday time and lower chances in June and Aug after first week.

6. Jury is still out: CCV, the newest resort where it appears there can be issues for studios, particularly those with only showers about half the time but that could change.

7. As to non-WDW resorts: Aulani is near impossible mid-June to July 5, but thereafter ocean view has high chance of being open, Pool and Island Garden view about half the time (and often one of those is open when the other is not), but standard view (and hotel rooms) are usually mostly filled. VGC and HH is usually difficult but sometims there are openings if you book very quickly at exactly 7 months out. Vero is not quite as difficult but the problem there is you will have a hard time finding more than few days in a row open.

As to choosing a home resort where you usually cannot book until 8-10 months out for that June to August period, avoid purchasing BLT if you usually want standard view, AKV if you want value or club level, BWV if you want standard view, BCV if you want holiday time, and VGF and BWV boardwalk view if usually reserving less than 10 months out.

Last edited:

of being able to reliably book a studio (any level) at 7 months and 8-10 months home resort from mid june to mid august for 7 nights consecutively?
I ask because of my wife's vacation policies and the daughters school schedule.
You should be fine in that situation if you can book at 7 months out and are OK with the "lessor demand" resorts. You should be able to get almost anything from time to time but you might have to wait list at 7 months out. I'd make your best guess with the home resort then adjust if/as you need to. Going forward there are no guarantees but you should be fine. As Drusba noted, some things are possible but not likely. Having enough points to hold multiple options does increase the chances of success such as holding a studio at SSR and possible piecing together a reservation at a higher demand resort.

Thank you all for taking the time to reply it is greatly appreciated.
if I decide to buy it will probably be in the neighborhood of 150 or 160 points,I "think" that should be good enough to get us a studio at most of the resorts.

if I decide to buy it will probably be in the neighborhood of 150 or 160 points,I "think" that should be good enough to get us a studio at most of the resorts.
That should be sufficient to get you started and not have to worry about having enough most every time. Now if you get in a situation where you want or have to get 1 BR it won't be but you could even do that at some of the locations every few years. You may want to consider slightly larger contracts if they are very favorable in case you find the perfect one otherwise.

Just understand that studio units are the highest demand unit type in the system. Do allow yourself flexibility to book a 1BR unit now and again to meet your dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter