What about tropical storm/hurricanes?

FredS

DIS Veteran
It is my understanding that no cruise will be postponed or cancelled due to tropical storms or hurricanes. So, during those periods when there are rough seas in the areas on the itinerary where do you go? All days at sea? Can the captain get far enough away to get some sunshine and somewhat calm water? Just curious since we are going in mid-October and that might be a possibility we must deal with.

Thanks for your experiences!

Cruise ship captains are remarkably adept at skirting around storms and rough seas....many people on these boards talk of sailing during hurricane weeks and never seeing a rain drop or rough seas. If you were on a land-based vacation and a hurricane hit you would be up the creek, so to speak. That's the beauty of a cruise ship....they can find and seek out the good weather.

Captain can divert from the original itinerary and either stay at sea, or put in to a different port. I know the Magic has visited San Juan before due to a hurricane.

MJ

Ships are adept at steering clear of hurricanes. I live in a very hurricane prone area and I am cruising in late August which is the height of hurricane season and I am not the least bit worried. In fact I am leaving on the anniversary of our biggest hurricane to ever hit my neighborhood, Andrew, a category 5 storm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter