What’s for Dinner Tonight?

Today my regular home attendant called in sick although I give her many many kudos for haunting the staffing agency to call in a replacement. Her stand in arrived on time so of course my transport was late 🤷🏽‍♀️.

Most of her shift was spent waiting for transport, for medical staff and finally we drove home with no time for cooking. I suspect Layla, my regular, will be happy as she wants to learn how to make Asian style cold fried chicken with the brined meat from yesterday. Uhh which is going with me to WDW 😂. So the upshot is I cooked nothing but did buy an open faced ham, turkey and Swiss on whole wheat with creamy slaw on the side; serious comfy food.

It ain't pretty around here, but we aren't eating out at least and DH and I aren't starving. Leftover teriyaki taco for me. Another homemade breakfast sandwich for DH. We don't eat breakfast during the week (DH might eat something sweet as a late morning snack) so breakfast for dinner is fine two nights in a row. Going to have to get it together this weekend, but the next two nights will continue to be fly by the seat of our pants to use up odds and ends.

Layla (my home attendant) is back and my world is better for her return.

Helped me make deviled ham and we learned why it’s better to use a food processor over a Vitamix blender. Began processing the berries for sorbet and put the brined chicken to drain on a wire racked sheet pan. Portioned the rest of the chicken parts and placed in the freezer.
A nice bit of work accomplished in her 5 hours not counting her regular house-tending chores minus the vacuum that the weekend attendant inadvertently broke (sigh).

Not that hungry so another frozen soup portion: chicken tortilla with kale added.
A cup of pineapple bits for dessert.

Tonight’s dinner for 35 was salmon, salad, rolls and baked potatoes. It was really good. I am finding that although I am in introvert, I like communal living—at least with this group. Cooking and kitchen chores are way more fun when a bunch of us are doing it together.

I have green onions, cilantro, and cabbage that need to be used before they go bad so I decided to make "Korean" beef bowls.
I shall keep this on the downlow, lest my daughters get word and decide to somehow descend upon your home and dinner table like scavengers.

Headed to an outdoor concert tonight so I'll be cobbling together some sort of loaded salad to take with us so we can make it on time and still have dinner.

Tonight is the last dinner in the big house. The girls ended the tournament today and both coaches have departed as well as one family. I think we are down to 28 people. Tacos and anything left in the fridge is tonight’s dinner. We’ve done a lot of leftovers for lunches—the food was extremely well managed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest