We're gonna need a lot of pixie dust for this quick trip!!

tampabrat22

Mouseketeer
We're packing our overnight bags for a quick trip to see Mickey! My sister and her kids drove down from South Carolina to spend Thanksgiving with us and at the last minute we decided to go to Disney for my mom's birthday that falls on Turkey Day (plus we need to use our GAD tickets anyway)!

So we booked just one night (Sun Nov. 21) at Pop and plan on going to the Magic Kingdom that day as well (I choose MK because I figured it has the most to offer for everyone in the group). Our group has 5 kids-- 2, 8, 13, 16, 18 (technically not a kid :rolleyes:) and then me 33, my mom 59 (turning 60) & sister 35.

So the plan is to head over there in the morning (arrive about 10:30a), check in, have lunch at the food court then head to the park. We're not looking to do every ride in the park or to meet every character, just a nice day of fun for everyone...and that can take a lot of pixie dust when you are dealing with teens, lol:wizard:!

According to the calendar MK will close at 12am but EMH are 12am-3am! So we are expecting that my mom, sis and the small kids will leave after the fireworks and I will stay with the teens till they give, lol! That's the reason for going a bit later ;)!

The next day we will spend some time around POP and get some pool time in before checking out. Then I'd like to go to either DTD or the Boardwalk area to do something for my mom for her birthday. Or I was thinking of taking her to Beaches & Cream and getting the "kitchen sink" in lieu of a birthday cake. We've been to DTD a lot but never around the holidays and I hear the outdoor entertainment on the boardwalk is nice too, any suggestions?

Normally I plan every detail so this spur of the moment thing is all new to me and I feel so unprepared:scared1:! Here's a pic of our kids the last time they all went to Disney together, they are all so much older now so it's going to be a whole new experience!! Can't wait to share it with you when I return!

Disney2003.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter