Well traveled Magic Bands

BillO

Earning My Ears
USPS is unbelievable. The Magic Bands went from Davenport, FL on October 8th to a partner facility in Austell, GA, then to a USPA Regional Facility in Atlanta, GA. Now it’s heading back to Florida. Davenport, FL is about 2.5 hours from my house. If I'm lucky, they might arrive before my cruise.

You're lucky that they made it out of the Austell facility. It's one of, if not the top, most poorly run/performing USPS facility.

USPS is unbelievable. The Magic Bands went from Davenport, FL on October 8th to a partner facility in Austell, GA, then to a USPA Regional Facility in Atlanta, GA. Now it’s heading back to Florida. Davenport, FL is about 2.5 hours from my house. If I'm lucky, they might arrive before my cruise.
Unfortunately it has to do with their hub systems. If it came from a partner shipper, then it has to first go to their hub. Then it has to be transferred to a USPS hub, then to a regional distribution facility, then out to you.

Anytime I order something from FedEx it 'passes' me in Chicago to go up to their distribution center in Milwaukee. I've had things ship from Indianapolis go up to Milwaukee, then back down to Chicago. It made no sense to me until sometime explained their hubs and distribution center model.

Yours is a little crazier than mine, but it at least it helps a little to understand why.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest