Welcome to the DIS Dads!!!!!

that's nice

DIS Dad #330
You've found us!!

You have just stumbled upon the Dis Dad's forum!!! Please read the criteria on becoming a DIS Dad- the process is very grueling:

1) Read through what makes a DIS DAD HEREHERE[/URL]
2) If you fit into 1 or 100 of the categories....
3) Tell us about yourself and
4) You're IN!

Cinderella's Fella, AKA the man who hands out the official club number, will be around to welcome you shortly!!!!

Hello Dis Dads:

It has been a while since I have been on, as I have been swamped at work, and playing with the kids. Anyways, my family is starting to get ready to pack for WDW. WE are bringing my DD to the bibbidi bobbidi boutique to be turned into a Disney Princess(Ariel), as she is already my princess!! This is for her 6th birthday present, and my DS cannot wait to go to Blizzard Beach.

It is going to take me some time to go over all these different Dis Dad forums. Take care.

Hello Dis Dads:

It has been a while since I have been on, as I have been swamped at work, and playing with the kids. Anyways, my family is starting to get ready to pack for WDW. WE are bringing my DD to the bibbidi bobbidi boutique to be turned into a Disney Princess(Ariel), as she is already my princess!! This is for her 6th birthday present, and my DS cannot wait to go to Blizzard Beach.

It is going to take me some time to go over all these different Dis Dad forums. Take care.

sounds like an absolute blast!!! Have a great time, I'm sure you will!

You've found us!!

You have just stumbled upon the Dis Dad's forum!!! Please read the criteria on becoming a DIS Dad- the process is very grueling:

1) Read through what makes a DIS DAD HERE
4) You're IN!

Emma's Dad, AKA the man who hands out the official club number, will be around to welcome you shortly!!!!

:lmao::lmao: I may have to add this to my signature! :rotfl2:

I can't believe I never found this before.....this is great!

The DIS Dad's Club Criteria:

Your passion for Disney equals that of a 7 year old kid.
You have a wife that thinks you are a big kid.
You get more excited than your kids when a trip to WDW is planned (or the excitement at least equals that of your kids).
You planned your next Disney trip the day after returning from Disney World.
Your eyes start to water with tears of joy when you see your kids having a great time at WDW (and you secretly try to dry your eyes).
Your portfolio includes stock in Disney.
You have friends and family that do not understand why you vacation in WDW every year (or at least talk about doing it).
You have Disney songs on your MP3 player.
You have Disney Fonts and Icons as well.
You have Disney knicknacks all over your "man cave/dude room/office."
You drink your coffee from one of your multiple Disney mugs.
You have an Animated Mickey Watch.
You have Goofy slippers, Mickey PJs and a lot of other Disney clothing.
You have Disney Character ties to wear (Mickey, Donald, Goofy, etc.).
You have a Disney background on your laptop with a count down calender on it.
All of your family photos seem to be taken at WDW.
You have a disney CD in your car or truck right now.
You have trivia contests in the car with your wife like "name all the attractions at Epcot going counter-clockwise."
When you and your wife are reading the DISboards she asks you "what is ToT, RnRR, EE and BTMRR, and you know the answers.
You sold your Disney stock so you could buy into the DVC.

I could naturally go on and on, like the rest of you!

Please count me in?

I can't believe I never found this before.....this is great!

The DIS Dad's Club Criteria:

Your passion for Disney equals that of a 7 year old kid.
You have a wife that thinks you are a big kid.
You get more excited than your kids when a trip to WDW is planned (or the excitement at least equals that of your kids).
You planned your next Disney trip the day after returning from Disney World.
Your eyes start to water with tears of joy when you see your kids having a great time at WDW (and you secretly try to dry your eyes).
Your portfolio includes stock in Disney.
You have friends and family that do not understand why you vacation in WDW every year (or at least talk about doing it).
You have Disney songs on your MP3 player.
You have Disney Fonts and Icons as well.
You have Disney knicknacks all over your "man cave/dude room/office."
You drink your coffee from one of your multiple Disney mugs.
You have an Animated Mickey Watch.
You have Goofy slippers, Mickey PJs and a lot of other Disney clothing.
You have Disney Character ties to wear (Mickey, Donald, Goofy, etc.).
You have a Disney background on your laptop with a count down calender on it.
All of your family photos seem to be taken at WDW.
You have a disney CD in your car or truck right now.
You have trivia contests in the car with your wife like "name all the attractions at Epcot going counter-clockwise."
When you and your wife are reading the DISboards she asks you "what is ToT, RnRR, EE and BTMRR, and you know the answers.
You sold your Disney stock so you could buy into the DVC.

I could naturally go on and on, like the rest of you!

Please count me in?

Gary, come on over to the fatherthread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2717685, and meet the rest of the Dads. Sorry, it took so long to welcome you. :sad2:

Hi. I want to know if I can join this board. I'm real exited to go to Disney world. It's my first time this November. I went when I was little but I don't remember it at all because I was only like 2, so I don't count that time. But I guess I am passing on the tradition of a first trip you don't remember...my daughter will only be about 8 months old when me and my dad are going and taking her to Disney. I guess it's dumb to go at that age she will not remember, but we will all have fun going and I am really exited to go, I've been wanting to go to Disney world for years and years. I can't wait. I am exited about rides but I really want to get pics with all the characters and I want to try a Mickey bar and I want to see the castle in person :woohoo:

Hi. I want to know if I can join this board. I'm real exited to go to Disney world. It's my first time this November. I went when I was little but I don't remember it at all because I was only like 2, so I don't count that time. But I guess I am passing on the tradition of a first trip you don't remember...my daughter will only be about 8 months old when me and my dad are going and taking her to Disney. I guess it's dumb to go at that age she will not remember, but we will all have fun going and I am really exited to go, I've been wanting to go to Disney world for years and years. I can't wait. I am exited about rides but I really want to get pics with all the characters and I want to try a Mickey bar and I want to see the castle in person :woohoo:

Well, it's a tough initiation process, but I have a feeling you'll pass...;)

WELCOME! This is a great board to ask questions and get ideas for your trip. I took my daughter when she was 1 year old, and I can tell you that it's not dumb to take them at a young age, because even though they won't remember the moments you share down there, you will remember them. It makes it all worth it.

You'll have a blast!

Thanks I never thought of it that way. I'm really excited we are going (now I'm spelled it right I think lol). I think it will be hard taking a baby but it will be really fun anyway. I can't wait to go but my dad didn't want to take us in the summer when its hot and probably a little bit more crowded and Emma is only 3 months so that wouldn't of worked. We are going on my thanksgiving break in November, I wish it was closer.

Thanks I never thought of it that way. I'm really excited we are going (now I'm spelled it right I think lol). I think it will be hard taking a baby but it will be really fun anyway. I can't wait to go but my dad didn't want to take us in the summer when its hot and probably a little bit more crowded and Emma is only 3 months so that wouldn't of worked. We are going on my thanksgiving break in November, I wish it was closer.

Thats a good time to go, weather wise, as compared to the summer. You'll have a blast! Take advantage of the guys on here, there are some really knowledgable individuals, so ask as many questions about your trip as you want...

Great to have you on board!:thumbsup2

I'm not sure where to post my intro, so I can qualify for an official number. Thus, I'll re-post here and make a post in the Introduction sticky thread. It seems this post got lost under a pile of yummy bacon (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2717685&page=239).

Hi Everyone,

I'm Chris (yes, another one ) and I'm a Disney addicted dad. My "passion" for the great Disney vacation is great indeed, causing more than one funny look and shaking of heads from family and friends . As such, I have found my way to the sympathetic land of those who are also just as crazy about the mouse .

Although I went to WDW a few times (3) as a youngster (grew up in FL), I didn't get into the groove until I met my DW and she decided to be my bride . We went on a Disney Cruise for our honeymoon and spent a couple days at WDW (MY Disney resort, her's in DLR ). Luckily, they had a DVC channel that fed evil thoughts of ownership into my DW's brain, so we decided to buy into the DVC while at WDW (this was sort of a wedding present to each other and my B-Day present (Jan 2005). Our real wedding presents to each other were Disney watches ).

Thanks to the power of the DVC, we have been to WDW five times and my family has been to DLR twice. I missed the first trip (to DLR) with them (2008) due to being deployed to the middle east (Navy Reserve). The second was this last May, and was my very first trip to Disneyland. So in seven years of marriage, we've had seven trips...cool!

In our family, I consistently brainwash my DW and DD5 with ride and queue music, and I make sure we don't miss an episode of Travel Channel specials on all things Disney (on the fence about the new HGTV yard show, though). I also managed to turn my DD into a major Star Wars fan (unintentional, I assure you ). When I showed her the connection between Star Wars and Disney, she was very excited (she enjoyed watching the Jedi Academy at DLR).

Future plans? We recently moved to Portland, Oregon area from Colorado Springs, so I'm looking forward to getting our "forever" house and pimping it out Disney style

Please accept my application into the DIS Dad's club, and let me know if you need any additional information.

- Chris

You've found us!!

1) Read through what makes a DIS DAD HERE
4) You're IN!

Emma's Dad, AKA the man who hands out the official club number, will be around to welcome you shortly!!!!

Hi Dis Dads!

I would really like to join the fraternity! Per the criteria to join, I have identified a few of the categories that resemble me and/or my family.

• You have friends and family that do not understand why you vacation in WDW every year (or at least talk about doing it).
  • You have Disney songs on your MP3 player.
  • You have Disney Ringtones for your cell phone.
  • You constantly watch disney movies.
  • You have a disney CD in your car or truck right now.
  • Your wife can't tell the Disney princesses apart, but you can.
  • You did your best to "brainwash" your kids early so they wouldn't have any problem ever wanting to go on a Disney Vacation.
  • You DO call DVC your second home.

About me – Native San Diegan who loves SD and will only leave to go to WDW or DL… but willing to go to (Hawaii) Aulani if my arm gets bent hard enough and I get to bring my golf clubs as a means of physical therapy to rehab said arm. :rotfl2:

Anyway, I just downloaded the Dis Dads Podcast and look forward to learning more about you all!

I appreciate your consideration to become a member. If bestowed a membership I will order a Dis Dad T-shirt to show my allegiance! :thumbsup2

Again, thanks to all!

Hunnypaw

Hi Dis Dads!

I would really like to join the fraternity! Per the criteria to join, I have identified a few of the categories that resemble me and/or my family.

• You have friends and family that do not understand why you vacation in WDW every year (or at least talk about doing it).
  • You have Disney songs on your MP3 player.
  • You have Disney Ringtones for your cell phone.
  • You constantly watch disney movies.
  • You have a disney CD in your car or truck right now.
  • Your wife can't tell the Disney princesses apart, but you can.
  • You did your best to "brainwash" your kids early so they wouldn't have any problem ever wanting to go on a Disney Vacation.
  • You DO call DVC your second home.

About me – Native San Diegan who loves SD and will only leave to go to WDW or DL… but willing to go to (Hawaii) Aulani if my arm gets bent hard enough and I get to bring my golf clubs as a means of physical therapy to rehab said arm. :rotfl2:

Anyway, I just downloaded the Dis Dads Podcast and look forward to learning more about you all!

I appreciate your consideration to become a member. If bestowed a membership I will order a Dis Dad T-shirt to show my allegiance! :thumbsup2

Again, thanks to all!

Hunnypaw

:welcome: Hunnypaw. glad to have you on board the crazy train. Come join us on the fatherthread here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2743068. I'm going to carry your message there so you can get a proper welcome and your official number from Emma's Dad.

I am a father of DS10 and DS4 and have been to WDW on 15 different trips from childhood to having children of my own. Going through the list these are the ones that pertain to me.

1. Your passion for Disney equals that of a 7 year old kid.
2. You have a wife that thinks you are a big kid.
3. You get more excited than your kids when a trip to WDW is planned (or the excitement at least equals that of your kids).
4. You planned your next Disney trip the day after returning from Disney World.
5. Your eyes start to water with tears of joy when you see your kids having a great time at WDW (and you secretly try to dry your eyes).
6. You have friends and family that do not understand why you vacation in WDW every year (or at least talk about doing it).
7. You have Disney songs on your MP3 player.
8. You constantly watch disney movies.
9. You have trivia contests in the car with your wife like "name all the attractions at Epcot going counter-clockwise."
10. When you and your wife are reading the DISboards she asks you "what is ToT, RnRR, EE and BTMRR, and you know the answers.
11. You did your best to "brainwash" your kids early so they wouldn't have any problem ever wanting to go on a Disney Vacation.
12. You can't decide if you want to go on a Disney Cruise, to Walt Disney World, or to Disneyland for your next vacation (if you can afford it the Disney Resorts over seas are in the equation as well).
13. You have helped plan many Disney vacations for fellow employees in your department. Now you are getting phone calls from other departments asking, "Hey are you the guy I need to talk to about planning my Disney Vacation?"

Ok in the interest of space I need to stop. It would be easier to list what doesn't apply to me.

Looking forward to meeting like minded dads

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!