"Welcome Home" no longer for DVC??

We watched WDW Behind the Scenes on the Travel Channel and it showed a clip of a woman saying how she loved the CM's saying "welcome home" to her. DF thought it was a mistake for DVC, but now I guess it's not. :(

I sort of get why people feel like it's a special DVC thing to be told "welcome home". I felt very special on DCL when they provided DVC Members a lovely door magnet that said "Welcome Home". You walk up to your state room and feel like you "own" your stateroom.:cool1:

But when we check into a DVC resort, we have no way of knowing if the guest beside us is DVC or not. If I hear the CM say "Welcome Home" I'm thinking that they may just be DVC members. And I could care less... because I've got some serious vacationing to do.

Maybe the CMs should handout special DVC resort magnets that say "Welcome Home". :goodvibes

Infact, I'm taking my "Wecome Home" magnetic DCL sign to decorate my door at BWV. The life preserver theme will fit in very nicely!:thumbsup2

As someone who has been "Welcomed Home" at Pop Century, I think it's kind of funny in a way. Having stayed only 3-4 nights at Pop, I think I heard "welcome home" more times there than the 40+ nights staying at BCV over the years. :lmao:

When my family and I return to the Contemporary on some nights there has always been this feamle security guard that says welcome home. Just because the Contemporary is not yet an official DVC Resort should not matter if they say welcome there, or at any other non DVC Resort. With all the great membership perks you get I can't believe that having Cast Member security guards saying welcome home would be that big a deal for some people. All Walt Disney World Resort guests should hear that weather they are a DVC member or a non DVC member.

Home is where your heart is. I know for many people on these boards, dvc owner and otherwise, their hearts are in WDW even if they are physically elsewhere. It makes sense to me that they welcome everyone "home" because even before I was a dvc member, as soon as I would arrive at WDW, I truly felt like I was home.

Are folks seriously going to get upset over this. C'mon people. Let's worry about bigger issues. Like what happens if Al Gore is right and central Florida ends up under water? Can you imagine what our dues would be like then?;)

:rotfl2:

I am placing my fire proof suit on before I type this. Okay....I'm ready.

I know I'm in the VAST minority on this but it wouldn't bother me if I never heard "welcome home" at Disney and/or DVC again. I don't want to be home. DVC and WDW are my escapes and for a week or so I'm very happy NOT to be home. While I'm very happy for those who want to hear it and do, it doesn't phase me one way or the other if I do or don't.

HBC

I know I'm in the VAST minority on this but it wouldn't bother me if I never heard "welcome home" at Disney and/or DVC again. I don't want to be home. DVC and WDW are my escapes and for a week or so I'm very happy NOT to be home. While I'm very happy for those who want to hear it and do, it doesn't phase me one way or the other if I do or don't.

HBC

Alright, HBC....I'll let you off the hook this ONE time...since you are back in town and all! :rotfl2:

I think 'welcome home' started with the Polyn in the 80's correct me if I am wrong.

they have said it for years.

OKW didn't start until 1991.

HBC

hey I agree - how about 'welcome back to your paradise away from home.....'

or something similar.

Even the signs at the DVC resorts include non-members in the Welcome Home:

HPIM1403.jpg

Since joining DVC we have stayed at WDW on cash reservations too, and heard the Welcome Home. I can see where many regular guests feel at home at WDW, whether they are DVC members or Poly regulars or All Star Resorts regulars. If "home" is expanded to mean all of WDW rather than a set of resorts, I have no problem with that. It's the entire experience, not just the resorts, that provide the sense of "returning home".

I don't feel any less welcomed no matter what they say to other guests. I can only be affected by my own experience, not others. :)

But I can see the point being made and how it could be construed as diminishing the specialness of owning DVC. This one falls squarely into the "different strokes" category with no right or wrong opinion. :)

But when we check into a DVC resort, we have no way of knowing if the guest beside us is DVC or not.

At SSR they ask if you are a DVC member you while you are in line waiting to check in. The CM then hands you a packet if info.- different color of folder based on whether you are a member or not.

Just adding my 2 cents.

Welcome home never did much for me.

What does it for me is the the card key to my room.

In fact, think of the great media marketing campaign...

Standard WDW scenes with voice over:

"Come home to your memories, where elephants can fly, and princesses live in a fairy tale castle.

Where dreams come true, and the world is full of fantasy and adventure.

Come home with family and friends.

Where pirates rule the seas, and imagination is the key.

Where gardens thrive and the world awaits, where movie magic unfolds and tigers prowl.

Come home to Disney World.

Then the screen shows several CMs greeting everyone with "Welcome Home!"

Narrator:
"Welcome home To Disney memories, Welcome home to Walt Disney World!"
I think Schlitterbahn already did that one.

the "welcome home" was not created for dvc--its a Disney saying and has been for a long time

its been said at non dvc resorts for years. not sure why it would need to be dvc only in order for someone to feel at home during their vacation time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter