Welcome Home incentive offer expiration

SugarSweetLee

DIS Veteran
Thought this was a bit interesting, wondering if anyone else has experienced similar lately?

We stayed at Riviera in April (rented points). We attended the tour for the $200 gift card and are now considering purchasing DVC (lol their plan worked!).

The guide gave us a pricing sheet that included the Welcome Home discounts and said it was only good until we checked out/the last day of our stay. Later, after we got home (and assumed the discount was gone) I read on the boards here that it could still apply if you had upcoming trips booked- which I asked on the DVC site chat as well, and they confirmed.

I emailed my guide to let him know what the site chat had told me and to let him know about our upcoming cruise and resort bookings for the remainder of the year (Sep/Nov/Dec). He replied that he would need to check and get approval to extend the WH offer as they have recently changed the rules and our upcoming stays were outside of the current promotional period. He did just confirm (2 weeks later) that he got approval to extend our eligibility for the Welcome Home offer until the end of the current promo period on 6/24.

Anyone else heard anything to this effect? We are planning to make a move toward the end of the period so we can get a glimpse of the next promo before our grace period is over, but now I'm a little hesitant they're going to try to rescind the WH bonus if we try to switch...

Last year we received the Welcome Home bonus after a recent trip and before a WDW resort booking (using our DVC points). If you have an upcoming trip on the books and can provide a confirmation # to your Guide then I would expect you would be covered.

Promotions can come and go so yes, they can put those types of conditions on them. However, if they continue to offer it beyond the 6/24 date, my guess is that you would still receive it.

When we toured Riviera in WDW in Jan, the guide was very pushy (I had just had surgery - still technically under anesthesia!) and he was insisting we needed to sign that day or the next day to get the welcome home. So much that he was pushing to show up in person at SSR (where we were staying) at 6am to have me sign before my flight and once it had been over 24 hours since anesthesia. Kind of wild.

I got home and asked my DL based guide about welcome home and he was very clear it applies to any upcoming stay.

As recently as a week ago, my guide confirmed that same rule (his emails always mention the need to just have one upcoming trip booked).

I chalked it up to a pushy sales tactic from the Riviera guide, but it’s interesting yours took two weeks to get back to you to confirm.

When we toured Riviera in WDW in Jan, the guide was very pushy (I had just had surgery - still technically under anesthesia!) and he was insisting we needed to sign that day or the next day to get the welcome home. So much that he was pushing to show up in person at SSR (where we were staying) at 6am to have me sign before my flight and once it had been over 24 hours since anesthesia. Kind of wild.

I got home and asked my DL based guide about welcome home and he was very clear it applies to any upcoming stay.

As recently as a week ago, my guide confirmed that same rule (his emails always mention the need to just have one upcoming trip booked).

I chalked it up to a pushy sales tactic from the Riviera guide, but it’s interesting yours took two weeks to get back to you to confirm.
My guy seems a little junior (which there is nothing wrong with, everyone has to learn), has only been with DVC for about a year after lots of other Disney exp. He's asked for leader approval/insights on other stuff too so maybe chalked up to that?

FWIW, I had a similar experience to the original poster last week during my in-person tour of RIV. Our guide wasn't pushy and actually encouraged us to take some time to think it over during the course of our stay but told us the Welcome Home offer would only be valid through the length of the stay.

I questioned him on it, and he said that so long as I had another future reservation in the books, he thought he could "probably" get approval but couldn't guarantee it or that the Welcome Home offer would still be valid by the time he did.

Meanwhile, other requests I had related to Use Year and payment terms he said would also require approval but wouldn't be a problem, and he was able to get them approved pretty much instantly.

I had intended to wait until closer to the end of the incentive cycle to give myself wiggle room if the next cycle turned out better but decided not to chance it given the hesitation from the guide on being able to apply the WH offer later.

FWIW, I had a similar experience to the original poster last week during my in-person tour of RIV. Our guide wasn't pushy and actually encouraged us to take some time to think it over during the course of our stay but told us the Welcome Home offer would only be valid through the length of the stay.

I questioned him on it, and he said that so long as I had another future reservation in the books, he thought he could "probably" get approval but couldn't guarantee it or that the Welcome Home offer would still be valid by the time he did.

Meanwhile, other requests I had related to Use Year and payment terms he said would also require approval but wouldn't be a problem, and he was able to get them approved pretty much instantly.

I had intended to wait until closer to the end of the incentive cycle to give myself wiggle room if the next cycle turned out better but decided not to chance it given the hesitation from the guide on being able to apply the WH offer later.
I wonder if we have the same guide... 🤔

I also had a weird experience with WH. When I first inquired about buying Riv back in February, my guide confirmed that my upcoming trips would qualify. Then when I actually purchased in May he said it no longer did (even though I had 3 future trips planned). Then about 5 min after we got off the phone, he called back and said he was in the middle of putting the contract together and WH could apply. Since it was benefiting me, I didn't ask any questions... 🤷‍♀️

The current incentive they are calling welcome home has weird terms that are different from the previous Welcome Home offers. They’re not technically wrong to tell you it future trips don’t qualify you, or that it expires at the end of your stay.

IMG_2186.jpeg

Well, there you go. Guess I was lucky my guide pushed it through.
If they actually start enforcing it, guess I'll be booking a one night stay at VDH or VGC locally to get the deal. 🤣 I plan on purchasing either at the end of these incentives or as soon as Poly goes on sale. Still torn as to which. Nothing like waiting down to the wire!

The current incentive they are calling welcome home has weird terms that are different from the previous Welcome Home offers. They’re not technically wrong to tell you it future trips don’t qualify you, or that it expires at the end of your stay.

View attachment 867041
Interesting because those terms are different then what is printed on the WH price sheet we were given in April, which was completely vague 🤷‍♀️
"Welcome Home Offer expiration varies based on interaction, subject to change."

"Subject to change" is a funny thing that lets you get away with a lot. Anyway, he said our eligibility for the offer was approved, so I'm not too worried. If they try to rescind, we just won't buy right now - which I'm sure would be more worrisome to him than us lol.

Interesting because those terms are different then what is printed on the WH price sheet we were given in April, which was completely vague 🤷‍♀️
"Welcome Home Offer expiration varies based on interaction, subject to change."

"Subject to change" is a funny thing that lets you get away with a lot. Anyway, he said our eligibility for the offer was approved, so I'm not too worried. If they try to rescind, we just won't buy right now - which I'm sure would be more worrisome to him than us lol.

I don’t think you have to worry. The language is there to give SVD the ability to stop offerings when they want.

But, they can always override it if they want.

Latest posts

facebook twitter