• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Weird Sci Fi Dine in detail

Just back from the world. I noticed “ The Cat who Hated People” was no longer part of the clips. Anyone else notice?
Yes. We were there in August and my kids were all over the fact that it was missing. We all love that clip and it wasn't shown. No idea.

are you kidding me? that what I grew up on. Gimme a break if there are certain reasons to remove it.

Hmm I wonder why. I take it they didn't add anything so the loop will be even shorter. I wish they would add to it so you didn't see it twice while dining.

One time while dining there the cast member said that the clips are on a roll of film, which is the only one they have, and it breaks from time to time requiring mending. Cant imagine it isnt digitized in some way now, but could be possible if using film, it broke in that area and was not useable... Or the cast member was telling a really good story.

Another thing, there is a clip with a guy that looks exactly like the "Jimmy Palmer" character from NCIS (even similar glasses). It is in the "News of the Future" clip, the guy in the plastic suit. Proof of time travel... makes you wonder.

It may also be that those movies are not owned by Dinsey, so there could be rights issues. I'm sure it happens.

I listened to the old soundtrack today and assume the reason it was removed was that when the cat was in space and gets surprised by all the loud racket there's a voice in the middle that says "Mammy, Mammy, Mammy" around 7:45 in the below...

We are cat lovers and always got a kick out of that clip. I am disappointed to hear that they removed it.

We visited in May 2023 and were also disappointed that the cartoon is gone. I came the this board hoping to find out why. I seriously don't think the barely audible use of "Mammy" by Al Jolson was the reason; probably the fact that it wasn't a Disney cartoon and had a rights issue was the reason it was pulled. What a shame.

Oh no. We loved that clip. I like when he gives up and lets the people walk all over him at the end. I know I can see it on YouTube, but it's not the same.

We are all such weirdos. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter