Weekend Getaways

HeatherC

Alas...these people I live with ...
Do you like to take a weekend getaway or prefer a week long trip? We just decided to go to Maine for three nights weekend and I’m so excited. They finally took us off the quarantine list and I was able to use some Marriott points so were are doing a three night getaway.

What about you? Weekend getaways your thing or rather a week long trip? I love both!

I love both as well. We camp and DH is off every Mon. and Tues and then has every other Fri. , Sat. and Sun. off. So it isn't uncommon for us to get a way from a long weekend. His schedule makes it nice, because we can miss some of the crowds by not being stuck to the weekend.

I love both as well. We camp and DH is off every Mon. and Tues and then has every other Fri. , Sat. and Sun. off. So it isn't uncommon for us to get a way from a long weekend. His schedule makes it nice, because we can miss some of the crowds by not being stuck to the weekend.
That is an awesome schedule for travel. I would be away every weekend.😄

We are heading to North Conway for a 4 night trip. I like week long trips and shorter trips. I just like to get away.

I like both, depending on how far I'm traveling. The further away, the longer I like to stay as I'm less likely to go back soon. But places like the beach that are only a couple hours away are fine for a weekend trip or even a day trip.

We are heading to North Conway for a 4 night trip. I like week long trips and shorter trips. I just like to get away.
We love N Conway and are up there a lot. This time of year is spectacular with leaves in all their glory. Have a wonderful time!

I usually always do 7-10 days. I have done short trips and always say I need to start doing them, but just never do it. Last summer we went to Lancaster for 2 nights and it was a great little getaway. Did Atlantic City for 2/3 nights a couple times a year, but haven't done that in 7 or so years. Keep thinking about heading to the PA Grand Canyon to see the leaves here in a couple weeks. Need to make up my mind though to book a place (will be a weekday so not as hard to get reservations).

Both, but I rarely get a vacation. I was saving my PTO for my big Disneyland trip late this year/early next year.
I would love to head West and see Monument Valley, the Grand Canyon, the desert at night, the Cabazon Dinosaurs, etc.

I will be taking all/most of the last week of October off for Halloween doings.

I love week long vacations, very rarely done long weekends but I would like to do more in the future

I like both, depending on how far I'm traveling. The further away, the longer I like to stay as I'm less likely to go back soon. But places like the beach that are only a couple hours away are fine for a weekend trip or even a day trip.
This for the most part. Of course who I'm travelling with is a big question as well. If it's just the wife and I we can jump on a plane for a four day weekend rather easily. If we are bringing the kids it's usually more if we are going any further than 250 miles.

Both, but I rarely get a vacation. I was saving my PTO for my big Disneyland trip late this year/early next year.
I would love to head West and see Monument Valley, the Grand Canyon, the desert at night, the Cabazon Dinosaurs, etc.

I will be taking all/most of the last week of October off for Halloween doings.
WHEN (not if) you go to Northern AZ, be sure you allot enough time.

At Monument Valley, stay at The View hotel. Google it and you will see what I mean. If that's too pricey, there are numerous hotels a few miles away in Kayenta, AZ.

Also, between Monument Valley and Grand Canyon, do NOT miss Lower Antelope Canyon! That's my avatar picture, and like Monument Valley, it is a Navajo Nation Park.

Lower Antelope Canyon is just east of Page, AZ. It's about an hour and a half walking tour (we used Ken's Tours, and they were outstanding), and it's well worth the time and money. We also did the boat tour of Upper Antelope Canyon, but it was basically just a boat ride...not recommended.

Another don't miss in that part of AZ is the Sedona/Oak Creek Canyon area. Really beautiful.

WHEN (not if) you go to Northern AZ, be sure you allot enough time.

At Monument Valley, stay at The View hotel. Google it and you will see what I mean. If that's too pricey, there are numerous hotels a few miles away in Kayenta, AZ.

Also, between Monument Valley and Grand Canyon, do NOT miss Lower Antelope Canyon! That's my avatar picture, and like Monument Valley, it is a Navajo Nation Park.

Lower Antelope Canyon is just east of Page, AZ. It's about an hour and a half walking tour (we used Ken's Tours, and they were outstanding), and it's well worth the time and money. We also did the boat tour of Upper Antelope Canyon, but it was basically just a boat ride...not recommended.

Another don't miss in that part of AZ is the Sedona/Oak Creek Canyon area. Really beautiful.
I will make good use of this, thank you!

For us, part of our decision making process is dictated by the fact that we live at the extreme southern end of Florida. So for us to drive out of the state is a 5-6 hour drive without any stops.

Therefore, we tend to take longer vacations by flying. Our longer trips are usually at least 10 days because two days are travel days.

For shorter trips we drive to the Gulf Coast, up the East Coast, to Orlando, or to the Florida Keys. Those trips are anywhere from one day to 4-5.

In a couple of weeks, we are driving down to the Keys for two nights for a 25th wedding anniversary trip, but we won't have any longer trips until covid is over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts