Week After Thanksgiving

26 days!!!!!

The only thing I'm still waiting on is the park atmosphere entertainment schedule to start coming out. I really love the band and want to note when to catch it. Other then that WE ARE READY. don't tell that to the pile of grad school homework I need to get done in the next 25 days before we leave!

26 days!!!!!

The only thing I'm still waiting on is the park atmosphere entertainment schedule to start coming out. I really love the band and want to note when to catch it. Other then that WE ARE READY. don't tell that to the pile of grad school homework I need to get done in the next 25 days before we leave!
Ugh... I’m an undergrad but right there with you and so unmotivated. I was going to do it yesterday, but I didn’t feel like it so I looked for any excuse not to. Ended up cleaning the house instead.

Okay, I'm super close on my Santa hat ears, but I need opinions! Please check out the pics I just posted on my PTR and give me your thoughts on which ears we should use and how I should attach the hats! (pics of the shirts we're wearing are a little above this one): https://www.disboards.com/threads/time-to-find-out-how-old-were-getting-ptr.3709918/#post-59903497

Those are the cutest little Santa hats and I'm jealous! I think I like the classic ears best, but they would be so cute either way. The shirts are perfect! For attaching the hats could you do a simple felt loop that snaps? The headbands are skinny so it might be difficult, but the only other thing I can think of would be to have the hats separate, and on an alligator clip that you just put in your hair with the ears.

Ugh... I’m an undergrad but right there with you and so unmotivated. I was going to do it yesterday, but I didn’t feel like it so I looked for any excuse not to. Ended up cleaning the house instead.
Me too! I'm excited to catch some live entertainment during some of the busier hours, and I want to know where to be!

Those are the cutest little Santa hats and I'm jealous! I think I like the classic ears best, but they would be so cute either way. The shirts are perfect! For attaching the hats could you do a simple felt loop that snaps? The headbands are skinny so it might be difficult, but the only other thing I can think of would be to have the hats separate, and on an alligator clip that you just put in your hair with the ears.
Thanks! I think I will probably just stitch them on. I want to do something else fabulous with those black ears (if we use them - I guess I should ask my sister's opinion, haha) for our little family trip in May, so I want it easily removable.

Just checked and saw that Fireworks were added for each night of the week after thanksgiving. I don’t think they were on there previously.

Just checked and saw that Fireworks were added for each night of the week after thanksgiving. I don’t think they were on there previously.
During the "Holiday Season", fireworks run nightly (on the nights that the Santa Anas don't cancel them...)

Hey folks, we have 5 day hoppers and will have from the Sunday after thanksgiving until the next Saturday, so we'll have 2 days off. Originally we planned on taking Sunday (day after arrival day, thought it might give us a chance to settle in before hitting the parks) and Thursday as our days off, but we're starting to second guess ourselves. According to Touring plans, Weds-Thurs are going to be super light crowds, and it's also showing a 5 for Sunday 11/25, and a 7 for Saturday 12/1, so we were thinking about changing our days off to Tuesday and Saturday. (One problem there is that we have a reservation for Lamplight on Tuesday and there are no others available that week for a party of 5, though...)

Any thoughts on having a day off at the end of the trip instead of the beginning, though? And do you think that Saturday 12/1 will really be that much busier than Sunday 11/25?

Hey folks, we have 5 day hoppers and will have from the Sunday after thanksgiving until the next Saturday, so we'll have 2 days off. Originally we planned on taking Sunday (day after arrival day, thought it might give us a chance to settle in before hitting the parks) and Thursday as our days off, but we're starting to second guess ourselves. According to Touring plans, Weds-Thurs are going to be super light crowds, and it's also showing a 5 for Sunday 11/25, and a 7 for Saturday 12/1, so we were thinking about changing our days off to Tuesday and Saturday. (One problem there is that we have a reservation for Lamplight on Tuesday and there are no others available that week for a party of 5, though...)

Any thoughts on having a day off at the end of the trip instead of the beginning, though? And do you think that Saturday 12/1 will really be that much busier than Sunday 11/25?

Well 12/1 has the candlelight processional I believe so yes I’d expect it to be busier. Last year the Sunday after Thanksgiving was quite slow.

I would avoid the weekends and especially 12/1 unless you want to see the Candelight Processional

Alright fellow traveler cohort... who's watching the weather, we're coming up on the 10 day forecasts. I looked at AccuWeather who has the whole month foretasted, which I know can't be a solid forecast yet, BUT, it's showing some showers. Even possible thunderstorm on Friday the 30th.

Part of me thinks that's a-ok. I know rain keeps the crowds down. Part of me really wants to escape the cold/rain we have in Oregon this time of year. Though I should not complain, it's not raining this week. But my main concern? Fireworks and Fantasmic!

Please Mother Nature hear my cry, hold off until after Fantasmic! on the 30th. Thank you.

:: puts poncho on packing list::

Last edited:
Alright fellow traveler cohort... who's watching the weather, we're coming up on the 10 day forecasts. I looked at AccuWeather who has the whole month foretasted, which I know can't be a solid forecast yet, BUT, it's showing some showers. Even possible thunderstorm on Friday the 30th.

Part of me thinks that's a-ok. I know rain keeps the crowds down. Part of me really wants to escape the cold/rain we have in Oregon this time of year. Though I should not complain, it's not raining this week. But my main concern? Fireworks and Fantasmic!

Please Mother Nature hear my cry, hold off until after Fantasmic! on the 30th. Thank you.

I wouldn’t even consider weather reports more than a week out. I went to the DLH last weekend and three weeks and two weeks out the weather reports said temps in the 60s. A week out it said low 70s.... Guess what, the day we arrived it was 95 and the next day was 85.

I wouldn’t even consider weather reports more than a week out. I went to the DLH last weekend and three weeks and two weeks out the weather reports said temps in the 60s. A week out it said low 70s.... Guess what, the day we arrived it was 95 and the next day was 85.

You’re right. I’m an over planner who has planned all the other things and so I get into trouble like looking at weather and wait times.

I’m just so darn excited!! I need a task.

I’ve been keeping an eye on weather reports too!

Although I’m actually hoping for a little overcast (I’m sun sensitive- I guess it’s a a good thing I live in in Oregon!) I’m really hoping Fantasmic isn’t cancelled. Fiancé and I have a BB dining package booked that night!

I’ve been keeping an eye on weather reports too!

Although I’m actually hoping for a little overcast (I’m sun sensitive- I guess it’s a a good thing I live in in Oregon!)...
I'm sun sensitive, too, and the sun and heat don't help with fatigue and over stimulation at DLR. If the weather is warm and sunny during your visit, make note of locations that are indoors with a/c or, at least, shady, where you can pop in for a break. It really can make a big difference throughout a long day in the parks to take frequent breaks from the sun (even when you don't feel hot). If you like Star Wars things, Launch Bay is a great place to wander (fun M&Gs, too!) indoors with a/c, especially if the shops in TL are really crowded.

Our last trip in September 2016 it was 107 degrees! It was hotter in Anaheim than Phoenix where we came from. It was miserable! I’ll take 70’s and 80’s anytime over that!

Just a tid bit...

Crowds at Disney don’t really bother me, but I was curious becuse it seemed so many of if were going the days following thanksgiving weekend this year. So I went back at looked the the holiday thread from last year and there were a lot of dis folks who those days last year and the parks were slow.

11 days!!! I got our shirts done, now to really start packing.

These are my daughters shirts, I have identical ones. I only made the two on the right. We have matching Minnie Mouse skirts for one day too.

We're getting super excited. Tonight after dinner we're going to crack open her piggy bank, that she's been saving in for two years to see what she's got for spending money. She had been saving for churros but I assured her I would cover her churro costs if she paid for half of BBB. Anything she's got left over will surely be spent on more stuffed animals, that we don't need, but they will be very loved.

Attachments

• IMG_2603.jpg
    IMG_2603.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 24
Love your shirts! I made some for our last trip but not this time. We booked last year and I found Santa Mickey shirts for $5 at Kohls way back then! I’m basically having to force my family to wear them! Dang teenagers!! I’m determined to get a picture of us in our matching shirts with Santa!

Love your shirts! I made some for our last trip but not this time. We booked last year and I found Santa Mickey shirts for $5 at Kohls way back then! I’m basically having to force my family to wear them! Dang teenagers!! I’m determined to get a picture of us in our matching shirts with Santa!

DH will not be participating in matching, not even color coordinated. I told him he is an Eeyore. He rolled his eyes at me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter