We Wants The Rum or Do We? April Trip Report! Complete! New TR in my signature 8/26**

Mmmm pizza for breakfast!!

Oh my we had a new bus driver and he was so nervous. We were in the front so we could see his papers and info, he needed to keep looking at yikes. He told us we were heading to the MK resorts, um what? He then proceeded to drive 40 miles an hour on the freeway and he was so nervous when traffic would merge onto the freeway. I didn’t enjoy this ride at all. I know everyone has to learn but this was not fun and took forever!!

That's really unfortunate! I'd definitely be a little concerned. Everyone needs to learn sometime, but you'd think they'd have him in training without passengers, or at least with a supervisor there helping him out until he was ready to do the job confidently.

Okay, I have to confess to all my fellow Disney lovers, I am going to renew our AP for another year.

We are going to go back to Disney in August:cool1::Pinkbounc I was able to book a trip with a great TA rate for WL from 8/15-8/20/18. It is early enough so it will not interfere with college for Andi and I was able to take vacation during this time. It is going to be so fun!! We love going in the boiling hot month of August. :beach: I have quite a large amount of money left on Disney GC's so this was a no brainer, right? If anyone is going at this time let me know!!
Yay! Congrats! Too bad you weren't able to coordinate the dates with the new summer DAH nights though!

Yumm, pizza for breakfast!!!!!

Oh that poor bus driver, thats got to be nerve-wracking but you would think he's been trained well enough without passengers.

Finally here!

Right now we're planning on being there the 18th-25th, so if nothing changes hopefully we can finally meet! I have no idea at all what our plans are yet though lol; I work on everyone else's plans first and ours last now.

Ugh, we've had drivers like this. It really annoys Steve. But at least you got there, looking forward to reading more!
I thought about you and your husband on the ME, lol! I knew from your reports Steve would not have been happy!
I hope we can meet in August, how fun! We are staying at your favorite WL, this will be our first time.

Loving the pizza for breakfast!!!! My kinda gal.......:thumbsup2

Looking forward to seeing FQ again, we did enjoy our stay there, albeit many years ago........

Doesn’t sound like a fun bus journey at all........but glad you made it safe and sound..........nervous drivers aren’t a good thing!
Pizza on vacation is a must! We enjoyed FQ, the size is nice not as huge as some of the others.
The poor bus driver needed more training for sure!

You had to take up that offer! It would have been a shame to have wasted it ::yes:: I really wish I was going back in August, too. I see that @ariane37 will be overlapping with you too. Hmmm... :rolleyes: [the "hmmmm" all us Disers know so well ;) :laughing:]

Very true! :hyper:

I love that about my small town airport, too. Makes those super early flights a little less... early :laughing:

Yes! I remember this from your previous trip!

Yum! This looks delicious!!!

Oh, dear... poor guy. But at that point, everyone just wanted to be there I'm sure. Too bad he didn't have someone with him to help guide him in his first week or so. You'd think Disney would have that kind of thing in place. Like a mentor program or something!

Excited to hear about your first afternoon at Disney!!! Those first moments are always some of the most magical of the trip :wizard:

The Disney hmm is always a good sign.
The pizza was so good for airport food, it was huge and Andi didn’t want any so I had to toss a fair amount.
The bus driver really should not have been on his own yet, he needed more supervised training in my opinion.
I love first arriving and taking it all in, so wonderful!

Just joining in!!
:welcome:So glad to have you reading along!:thanks:

Mmmm pizza for breakfast!!

That's really unfortunate! I'd definitely be a little concerned. Everyone needs to learn sometime, but you'd think they'd have him in training without passengers, or at least with a supervisor there helping him out until he was ready to do the job confidently.
The pizza was a great start to our vacation.
The driver sure did need more training. He didn’t even know the directions to the resorts he was going to, he had to keep looking at a paper with the directions!
Yay! Congrats! Too bad you weren't able to coordinate the dates with the new summer DAH nights though!
Well, you never know, I may need to see if we can add some days for this. I need a do over!

Joining in!
:welcome: So nice to have you along for the report!:thanks:

Yumm, pizza for breakfast!!!!!

Oh that poor bus driver, thats got to be nerve-wracking but you would think he's been trained well enough without passengers.
I think food rules are out the window on vacation. Pizza and Hot dogs are fine for breakfast:rotfl2:
I think sitting right in the front made it worse for me because it was just so obvious he needed more training.:drive:

Resort arrival.......... I wonder when we will get our room ready text?

After the harrowing bus ride, we arrived at the FQ! We stayed here in November and really liked the atmosphere. Our room was not ready and it was around 2:30 so we decided to get some food from Sassagoula food court. We had a dining ADR later this evening at DS so we went with kids meals.
IMG_May52018at83919PM.jpg

I got the kids cheeseburger meal with French fries, a yogurt smoothie, and grapes. The kids meals are such a good deal and it was just the right amount.
IMG_May52018at84014PM.jpg

Andi had the kids chicken nuggets meal with French fries, water, and apple slices. She enjoyed this as well. She got a refillable mug since FQ is small she could easily make use of it. I don’t drink much soda so I usually never get one.

It was now after 3pm and still no text about our room. I went to the front desk to check and the CM said thenroom was not ready yet and he wasn’t sure when it would be:confused3. He did give Andi her celebration button for graduation and I got one to. :Pinkbounc We decided to leave our carry-on bags with bell service and head to MK since the room wasn’t ready.
IMG_May52018at84136PM.jpg

We were soon arriving at MK, the sights and sounds are always so welcoming on our first day! Mainstreet wasn’t to crowded so we thought this was a good sign. We stared at the castle for awhile then we headed to the PM, this is when, we saw the PP CM at the purple wall! We got our first pictures of the trip.
IMG_May52018at84220PM.jpg IMG_May52018at84301PM.jpg

We enjoyed our ride on the PM and just before it ended I got the room ready text! It was 4:30. This was the latest we have had to wait for a room. The room was in building 3. I had requested room 3340 on TP and this is the room we got. This is the 2nd time now that we got the room I requested. I was happy but wished it would have been ready earlier.

We decided to check out the Storybook circus area, the smell in the gift shop is so good. It makes you want all the treats. So far, TL and this area were not very busy so it was nice to browse around.
IMG_May52018at85746PM.jpg IMG_May52018at85812PM.jpg

We walked over to the Momento Mori gift shop and took a look around. HM had a 35 minute wait so we decided to skip it for now and headed towards our first FP.
IMG_May52018at85940PM.jpg IMG_May52018at90059PM.jpg IMG_May52018at90020PM.jpg

I love the HM dish towels, so unique!
Stay tuned for more MK exploring in the next post...........................

Exploring MK cont. now................

It was time to head over to BTMRR and use our first FP. We had a wonderful ride on the wild mountain train. This was not to busy either.
IMG_May52018at90356PM.jpg

We walked over to PoTC to check the wait time and this had a 50 minute wait, very odd because SM and BTMRR only had 20-25 minute wait times. I guess everyone was checking out the new scene Arr.! pirate:

We ended up back on Mainstreet and went to the train station. We boarded the greatest train in the world and headed for a ride through the different lands and disembarked in Fantasy Land.
IMG_May52018at92333PM.jpg IMG_May52018at92400PM.jpg IMG_May52018at92455PM.jpg

We walked towards PPF for our next FP. We noticed LM ride was closed at this time. I am glad we were not stuck on a clamshell in there tonight. We jumped into the FP line for Peter Pan and flying high over London and Neverland fairly quickly. I just love this ride so much. When I ride PPF and HM I know I am in my happy place.:tink:
IMG_May52018at92613PM.jpg

We went to Gaston’s tavern for a Coke and a little relaxing time. Once we were done there we did a photo shoot in Neverland and in the Tangled area. This is such a fun area.
IMG_May52018at92642PM.jpg IMG_May52018at92707PM.jpg IMG_May52018at92754PM.jpg IMG_May52018at92818PM.jpg
More fun pictures and dinner in DS coming soon!

Attachments

• IMG_May52018at90419PM.jpg
    IMG_May52018at90419PM.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 14
The Disney hmm is always a good sign.
Sure is ;)

We were soon arriving at MK, the sights and sounds are always so welcoming on our first day!
Yes! Isn't that the best?! :cloud9:

I got the room ready text! It was 4:30.
:scared1: That seems incredibly late! Especially since check-in is technically at 3pm, you'd think at least by then you'd be clear. :confused3

We jumped into the FP line for Peter Pan and flying high over London and Neverland fairly quickly. I just love this ride so much.
Ahhh, me too :goodvibes

When I ride PPF and HM I know I am in my happy place.:tink:
YES!!! I couldn't agree more :thumbsup2

Great update! Looking forward to some DS fun :thumbsup2

I'm here and for once not insanely late!!! Looks like a great trip so far. Though that is definitely a long time to have to wait for your room. Did you request more than one room or just one? We generally put in generic requests though we rarely seem to get them.

What a great first day!! Love the pics of you two and glad you got to enjoy some of your favourites. :) I can't believe your room wasn't ready at 3:00.....I am happy to hear you got your preferred location though and am looking forward to seeing pictures of it. Can't wait to see where you had dinner in DS!

Glad you made it to Orlando with no issues! The bus ride to the resort does not sound fun!

I'm glad you got the room you wanted, even if you had to wait a while to get it!

Your day at MK sounds great so far! Love all the photoshoot pics :)

You took some great pictures at the MK!!

I'm totally with you on the adorable little kids' meals, too. Such a great deal when you don't have a huge appetite.

Sure is ;)

Yes! Isn't that the best?! :cloud9:

:scared1: That seems incredibly late! Especially since check-in is technically at 3pm, you'd think at least by then you'd be clear. :confused3

Ahhh, me too :goodvibes

YES!!! I couldn't agree more :thumbsup2

Great update! Looking forward to some DS fun :thumbsup2
I was surprised how long it took to get our room, it probably was because of my specific room request.

Wow I cant believe the room wasn't ready at 3
I know! Maybe requesting a specific room on TP isn’t the best?? I have done this several other times and have always had our room before 3pm

I'm here and for once not insanely late!!! Looks like a great trip so far. Though that is definitely a long time to have to wait for your room. Did you request more than one room or just one? We generally put in generic requests though we rarely seem to get them.
Yay, :welcome:Kari! Our first day was very nice. This is the first time in all of our trips I didn’t have a room by 3pm so not bad I guess.

What a great first day!! Love the pics of you two and glad you got to enjoy some of your favourites. :) I can't believe your room wasn't ready at 3:00.....I am happy to hear you got your preferred location though and am looking forward to seeing pictures of it. Can't wait to see where you had dinner in DS!
Thank you! We love the Tangled area and FL. Dinner coming up soon.

Glad you made it to Orlando with no issues! The bus ride to the resort does not sound fun!

I'm glad you got the room you wanted, even if you had to wait a while to get it!

Your day at MK sounds great so far! Love all the photoshoot pics :)
The bus ride was not good but after that we had really good bus mojo for most of the trip.
Thank you! I tried taking more pictures this trip with my new IPhone

You took some great pictures at the MK!!

I'm totally with you on the adorable little kids' meals, too. Such a great deal when you don't have a huge appetite.

I agree about the kids meals, decent for a filler and you get a lot for about 1/2 the price!

Cont............MK photo shoot and dinner at DS.

We continued with several more photos in the Tangled area before we went to our FP at HM.
IMG_May52018at92846PM.jpg IMG_May52018at92913PM.jpg IMG_May52018at92944PM.jpg

We had a fun ride with the hitchhiking ghosts and the scary bride in the attic. She is creepy. At the last Halloween party, a little girl around 10, was the bride from the HM and her costume was spot on. It was so good, she was carrying an axe made from cardboard and foil, so cool. I am not crafty at all, so I am always amazed at the talent out there with Dis bounding and costumes. We made sure the ghosts stayed at the HM and we headed out to the bus stop for DS.
IMG_May52018at93217PM.jpg

We did not have to wait long and it was off to DS.
IMG_May82018at74949PM.jpg

Our ADR was at 8:00 for Fontera Cocina! This was our first time here. I had read some positive reviews from @Raeven and @jerseytinkerbell and Andi loves Tex-Mex so we gave it a try. It was already 7:45 so we headed over to check in. The place was busy, but, we did get called in quickly. The restaurant is very nice but actually quite small. There is a small bar area not far from where we sat. Hey everybody, our table was a 4 top and not to bad. The tables are close in here and it is loud with a huge echo! My ears were still a little plugged from the flight and it was causing a bad echo for me! I was feeling rather dumb because I could not hear or understand the waitress. Thank goodness for my Spanish speaking Andi girl, she had no trouble and was able to get our appetizer and drinks ordered without problems. Our waitress was very nice, she was from Argentina.
IMG_May82018at75024PM.jpg
I love Top Chef and Rick Bayless won the Master’s edition!
IMG_May82018at75105PM.jpg
Andi is looking tired, up since 4:00am does that!

We ordered the Guacamole Verde and chips. Roasted poblano, roasted tomatillos, toasted pepitas, cilantro, and onions. All I can say is yum! Super fresh, delicious flavors and addicting!
IMG_May82018at75158PM.jpg

We ordered our entree’s soon after the appetizer because our waitress was super busy. They did have runners and they did a good job keeping our drinks filled. Just Aqua for us. I went with the Red Chili Chicken Enchiladas, these were so delicious. The creamy black beans are so good. This was made to order so very fresh. The only negative was the large amount of fried onions on top, slightly to much for me.
IMG_May82018at75305PM.jpg

Andi went with the Chicken tacos, you make your own, with homemade shells, chicken, creamy black beans and the fixings. Those black beans were heavenly, Andi loved hers as well. We really enjoyed the food here. I would give it two thumbs up! The extremely high ceilings and openness does make it loud in there so that was a little negative, not much of a bother really!
IMG_May82018at75233PM.jpg
We headed to Basin for some fun handwashing with the great body scrubs. It was so fun to see these older men in there, washing their hands and loving the smells in Basin.

We were pretty tired and ready to finally see our room! We skipped dessert this evening and took the DS boat back to FQ.

Coming up in the next post, see our room pictures......................

Cont from above......... We finally get to see our room and turn in for the night.

We stopped in the lobby to pick up our carry on bags from bell service and I grabbed some water from the gift shop. I didn’t order from Garden Grocer this trip and I don’t think we really missed it to much.

We had a refurbished room in building 3. :cool1:
IMG_May82018at84624PM.jpg

Our room was 3340. The floors are now a wood laminate, very nice. The beds were on platforms with space underneath for storage. A little high for us vertically challenged:hyper:. I could see it being a possible problem for older folks. New drapes, beds, light fixtures, and pillows. The all white bedding theme continues. I am okay with this but it is not my favorite. I do have a little phobia if I see anything on the white bedding:scared: The TV is larger and new as well.
IMG_May82018at75324PM.jpg
IMG_May82018at75358PM.jpg
IMG_May82018at75419PM.jpg
The bathroom has a door now, no more curtain, full length mirror on the door. Bathroom has a tiled floor and new bath/shower. The bathroom has two sinks, lighted magnifying mirror, and the safe is in there. The bathroom is big. I like the bathroom being more separate from the room. It works well for me. I like to get ready before Andi wakes so this works well.
IMG_May82018at75443PM.jpg
The controversial shampoo, conditioner, and body wash dispensers. I didn’t mind them.
IMG_May82018at75501PM.jpg
IMG_May82018at75529PM.jpg
IMG_May82018at75549PM.jpg
IMG_May82018at75626PM.jpg
IMG_May82018at75655PM.jpg

We settled in and the first day was in the books.

Food costs.
Sassagoula food court=$35.00. 2 kids meals and refillable mug
Fontera Cocina=$62.00 2 entrees and appetizer
Total=$97.00

Stay tuned for Day 2 This donut is awesome!! A trip to USO..........................

We ordered the Guacamole Verde and chips.
Yum! This looks SO good :thumbsup2

I can sympathize with the early morning flight and being tired - my flight is at 6am on Monday which will mean a 3am wake up call :scared1: The things we do for Disney ;)

Your room looks lovely! Though I have to say I completely understand the whole white sheets thing :faint:

Sounds like a lovely end to your day! Excited to hear about this donut... :thumbsup2

I’ve never noticed what the printing says on the Rapunzel photos. Such a cute detail.

Your dinner looks amazing. I don’t see a lot of FC reviews & have been wondering if it’s any good. We plan on going to DS a couple of times on our next trip & we haven’t decided where to eat. I made an ADR for Raglan Road but dh has no interest in eating there. I really booked it for dd5 because she would enjoy the dancers. FC will go on the list of possibilities.

Your room looks nice. We’re staying there for our last AP trip this summer. I put in a request for that building I hopes of getting a refurbed room, near the lobby & not too far from the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter