We AREN'T a Family, Antiquated Disney Nomenclature

Yes. Beyond that, adding another layer like that to the procedures is just as likely to result in as many complaints about inconsistency (because the extra data is entered wrong - even by the guest themselves) as there are now complaints about the consistency (of referring to parties as families).

Disney is always better trying to keep things as simple as possible.

Wonder if something has changed because my emails about my upcoming trip have all been addressed to the <insert last name> Party. I thought all the information said Family last year, which I found hilarious since that was a solo trip.

I was just watching a video on YouTube. The vlogger was doing a club level solo stay at a Deluxe and received a daily itinerary that was titled the XXX Party's Itinerary or something similar. Would be interesting to know if this is customized (party vs. family).

I just returned from a solo marathon weekend trip and got the "_____ Family" Thank You video emailed to me. Doesn't bother or offend me either way....I'm a family of one....just like I'm a party of one.

- Kyle

The simpler things are the better, as stated above. When dealing with so many different people from all over the world and literally billions of data points. Streamlining the process to fewer variables makes things not only easier but much more efficient. Not sure if the sentiment is being offended at being referred to as 'family' or if its just an annoyance? We all belong to someone's family ;o)

It's funny, I just minutes ago received 2 nearly identical emails from Disney Destinations about our upcoming trip - one email for each room reservation. One addressed our group as "family", the other as "party". No obvious reason behind it. One room has 3 people, the other has 4, and both have people with different surnames. Maybe it's random...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter