We are moving 1 week before Disney Trip.. Help me not forget/lose anything!

nat8199

DIS Veteran
We are moving two weeks from tomorrow and leaving for Disney 3 weeks from tomorrow.

I am putting together a list of things to put in two plastic bins clearly labeled Disney to make sure that I do not lose or forget them.

So far I have things like ponchos, backpack, ziplocks with my tea in it (caffeine is very important), sunscreen, and my sun visors.

I am not worried about our clothes... just things that might end up in a box somewhere and that I will have to run around like a crazed person trying to find.

I also have not made any touring plans... but I think I am giving up on those. (We have ADRs and FP.)

I cannot wait to get there and have my first drink by Stormalong Bay!!!!

You will definitely need that drink by Stormalong Bay! Good luck to you! The bins are a great idea. We keep our paperwork (luggage tags and any other paperwork) in a folder clearly labeled "Disney trip" so I don't lose that information. Have the best time at Disney!

How exciting! I’d probably go ahead and pack whatever toiletries and non-perishable snacks you plan to take, so you don’t have to shop for them when you’re busy unpacking/settling in. We always take wet wipes and liquid hand soap (packed in large ziplocks) for the hotel. And a mini first aid kit with meds, bandaids, etc, though you may want to keep that with you during the move!

And I know you said you’re not worried about clothes, but I’d still pack swimsuits, coverups, flip flops, shorts, Disney shirts- anything you won’t be wearing between now and then. I’d just feel better knowing it was all together and ready to go!

If you pre-ordered your Magic Bands, don’t forget to put those in your Disney bin!

Have a magical trip and good luck with the move!

You will definitely need that drink by Stormalong Bay! Good luck to you! The bins are a great idea. We keep our paperwork (luggage tags and any other paperwork) in a folder clearly labeled "Disney trip" so I don't lose that information. Have the best time at Disney!

OMG!! Magic Bands, luggage tags, and gift cards are definitely going in there! Thank you!!

How exciting! I’d probably go ahead and pack whatever toiletries and non-perishable snacks you plan to take, so you don’t have to shop for them when you’re busy unpacking/settling in. We always take wet wipes and liquid hand soap (packed in large ziplocks) for the hotel. And a mini first aid kit with meds, bandaids, etc, though you may want to keep that with you during the move!

And I know you said you’re not worried about clothes, but I’d still pack swimsuits, coverups, flip flops, shorts, Disney shirts- anything you won’t be wearing between now and then. I’d just feel better knowing it was all together and ready to go!

Flip flop!!! You are a genius!

Good luck! Moving is always such a mess. I think you've got the right idea of keeping stuff separate. Maybe even pack that into your car instead of letting the movers take it. If you have room, that is.

Do you have any shirts that you pretty much only wear at the parks? If so you could probably already pack those up too, put them in a packing cube or suitcase now. In fact, I should probably do that too even though we're 3 months out. No sense in them taking up space in my closet.

Airplane stuff (noise cancelling headphones, frequent flyer drink coupons, travel pillow, etc.)

Car stuff (toll pass, handicap hang tag)

Hotel stuff (travel pillow, small fan for white noise)

External battery for phones

Use-at-Disney-only items (Disney jewelry, hats, park bag, autograph book, interactive wand if going to Universal, etc.)

If you have any collections you might add to (Disney pins, pressed pennies, mugs, Sorcerer cards, etc.), take a photo with your phone before you go so you'll have an inventory.

We go 2-3 times a year (retired), stay DVC, and drive.

I keep a small bag packed with S&P, coffee filters, sugar/sweetener, my collection of magic bands, etc.

You guys are great! I have filled one bin and am starting another! All I am going to have to worry about the days before our trip is clothing.

I don't know what your work situation is, but whenever I've moved in the past I've always brought all the things that I absolutely cannot risk going missing into work! I've locked them away in my filing cabinet in the office, this way I'll always know where they are. Passports, insurance documents etc.

I don't know what your work situation is, but whenever I've moved in the past I've always brought all the things that I absolutely cannot risk going missing into work! I've locked them away in my filing cabinet in the office, this way I'll always know where they are. Passports, insurance documents etc.

We moved this summer and had three weeks between houses. Since we were moving around a lot during those weeks, I bought a small lockable suitcase for important papers, jewelry, etc. and brought it with me everywhere.

We also moved just before a WDW trip! We even drove back to our old city to fly because we could do so non-stop. I also used a box for stuff & it wasn't allowed in a truck! It had to go in a seat in a car (like my other super breakable/valuable items).

It included pin lanyards, autograph books, magic bands, travel docs, mickey ears, MK sorcerer cards, refillable mugs (we always take old ones even when getting new ones & always take cut up cleansing cloths with dishwashing soap poured on them in a baggie, so I have a way to clean the cups), snacks for room & in-park, my 'theme park purse' backpack.

Hope your move goes smoothly.

We also moved just before a WDW trip! We even drove back to our old city to fly because we could do so non-stop. I also used a box for stuff & it wasn't allowed in a truck! It had to go in a seat in a car (like my other super breakable/valuable items).

It included pin lanyards, autograph books, magic bands, travel docs, mickey ears, MK sorcerer cards, refillable mugs (we always take old ones even when getting new ones & always take cut up cleansing cloths with dishwashing soap poured on them in a baggie, so I have a way to clean the cups), snacks for room & in-park, my 'theme park purse' backpack.

Hope your move goes smoothly.
I packed the same stuff! Thanks to this thread :)

Thank you all! I have one bin of Disney stuff already moved to the new house. I also have all our warm weather clothes in a suitcase. I have started a second bin for things I forgot to put in the first. The movers come tomorrow! Disney in 8 days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter