We are Eating Again -- Resistance is Futile Final update Tiffins 2/19

The next morning we.attended one of my most favorite events at the Food & Wine festival, the Parisian Breakfast at Le Chefs de France. This is an all you can eat buffet consisting of French pastries, cheese and cold meats. The fact that it also includes unlimited mimosa (or just nice champagne if you are a lush like me.) Plus at a $35 price point you can't go wrong. Did I say French pastries?

I didnt get pictures of the buffet, but I got pretty much one of everything.
20181027_092304-1512x2016.jpg

Going clockwise from the top I have a chocolate croissant, deli ham, croque monsieur, swiss cheese hiding under brie, tartine and a fruit pastry. Everything was fantastic. The croissant was filled with rich dark chocolate in a flaky, buttery pastry. The croque monsieur was nice and cheesy, but the edges were pretty hard. The meats and cheeses were fabulous. I did not try the salami-like sausage, but Mike liked it. My favorite thing of this entire meal is the tartine. Toasted bread covered in a light tomato sauce, covered in gruyere cheese with a big slab of goat cheese and herbs de province on top. This is heaven to me. The surprise newcomer was the fruit pastry. Holy Moley was that tasty, and beautiful to boot. The pastry was like a puff pastry, very light. It was topped with a sweet cream, much denser than whipped cream, and decorated with sweet strawberries and blueberries. We all loved it. Really fun to pull off a pinwheel and eat it piece by piece.

Looking at this, I didn't actually get one of everything. The buffer also had plain croissants, brioche rolls, almond filled pastries (which I tasted from Mike's plate and were awesome), baguette with butter and Bon Mamman jams, grapes and melons. That is what I remember.

I started with mimosa and just had the waiter (really handsome) refill with champagne. By the end he knew to just come with the booze and forget the OJ. I lost count of how many I had. Let's just say I was quite tipsy, weaving my way toward Rock n' Roller Coaster. I love getting drunk before 10am. Heehee. Only on vacation LOL.

I had always wanted to try the hot chocolate at Chefs de France. Finally, I did!! This was very good. It was rich milk chocolate. I was surprised how creamy it was, and how much I loved it. I am normally all about dark chocolate. This milk chocolate cocoa was wonderful. I won't hesitate to order it again.20181027_092950-1512x2016.jpg

I really love this breakfast. This is a perfect way to start your morning.

Everything at Jiko looked wonderful! And the Parisian breakfast sounds like so much fun. You had me at unlimited mimosas/champagne :-)

Everything at Jiko looked wonderful! And the Parisian breakfast sounds like so much fun. You had me at unlimited mimosas/champagne :-)

Jiko is always amazing!

The Parisian Breakfast is a lot of fun. The atmosphere is really upbeat. Everyone looks so fresh in the morning. Pastries. Champagne.

After reading your review, I am putting Jiko on our must-do list for our Spring trip. We have only been one time because my husband always chooses Boma or Sana’a instead, but I am putting my foot down.

The Parisian breakfast looks great, maybe I should try that too, although not by myself because I wouldn’t be able to try EVERYTHING with nobody to share with. LOL!

Hi Niki I missed the beginning but am here now. You know I'm loving all the food and booziness already. Keep it coming!!! :drinking1

After reading your review, I am putting Jiko on our must-do list for our Spring trip. We have only been one time because my husband always chooses Boma or Sana’a instead, but I am putting my foot down.

Jiko is my favorite. I like Boma, but for the money Jiko is not much more and quality is a lot better. I need to try Sanaa. Putting my foot down on that one next time.

The Parisian breakfast looks great, maybe I should try that too, although not by myself because I wouldn’t be able to try EVERYTHING with nobody to share with. LOL!

It is always better with someone else. You can always join us.

Hi Niki I missed the beginning but am here now. You know I'm loving all the food and booziness already. Keep it coming!!! :drinking1

Happy you joined in. Plenty more tipsy coming.

One day I will be at WDW when the Parisian breakfast happens. I am impressed with you're continuing to tour afterwards. I would have gone back to the hotel and napped by the pool.

Have a reservation for Jiko in January and have been back and forth about it. Those short ribs look amazing so may just keep the reservation!

And that Parisian breakfast. Another couple and my husband and I shut down the breakfast lol! We just said keep the open bottles coming til they are all empty . And they did!!

Jiko is one of my absolute favorite restaurants. I love the dark interior. It is so cozy. I love the African décor. The staff is always so friendly. Our favorite server Shelley was not there, but The server we had was very nice. We sat in the wine room, which is a little room directly behind the waiting area. I really liked it.

This is a great review of your meal at Jiko. We have many in common : Jiko is also my favorite place to eat at WDW, Shellie is my favorite server there (okay, I didn't assess all the staff, but she is my person to go!), and Delicate is an absolutely amazing wine.

I never had the lamb. The photo gives me the taste to try it!

Hi! I'm looking forward to reading your report!
The Parisian breakfast looks wonderful. I really enjoy the offerings they have at Les Halles.

Saturday night was the real reason for this trip, SWAN & DOLPHIN FOOD & WINE CLASSIC

This even is our favorite even though it is not Disney. The causeway between the Swan and Dolphin hotels is lit with beautiful lights and lines with booths featuring food and booze. A drinker's paradise I tell you. Fun bands play a variety of pop and rock music on the main stage. The Bubbles Lounge has nosh foods and champagne. There is a Chinatown recreation and a Carnival with games and food trucks. There is also a beer garden with a different band, but that is an extra charge. We are not beer drinkers, and have never even finished all the wine and cocktail booths, so we don't add the beer garden. I hear it is nice. Basically this is an evening of food, wine and fun!FB_IMG_1511837583226_1-480x299.jpg

I didn't take many photos of the wine for some reason. Here were my favorites I did take photos of.20181027_195419-1512x2016.jpg 20181027_183615-1512x2016.jpg 20181027_182258-1512x2016.jpg
20181027_183615-1512x2016.jpg
In Chinatown we had duck bao buns that were super tasty and pork dumplings that were super super tasty.
20181027_192121-1512x2016.jpg 20181027_192152-1512x2016.jpg 20181027_192146-1512x2016.jpg
Love my Asian food. Just so you know EXACTLY where your ducky is coming from, here is a picture of Krissie by the hanging Peking Ducks, head and all. Ewww!
20181027_192031-1512x2016.jpg
I will continue on I the next post

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1511837583226_1-480x299.jpg
    FB_IMG_1511837583226_1-480x299.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 1
On to the Carnival. We had Mac n Cheese, which I always love. This was Mac Attack with Barbacoa Beef and Poblano Peppers. This was so good.

20181027_184811-1512x2016.jpg
My new favorite carnival treat CONFETTI DEEP FRIED OREOS!! The oreo gets soft on the inside, making a beautiful gooey mess. The breading was sweet, but not too sweet to detract from the rich oreo goodness. I actually ate three of these. Yes, that means I ate half a dozen fried oreos
20181027_185242-1512x2016.jpg
Next I hit the Frito Pie truck. This was comfort food. Frito chips were covered in chili meat, tomatoes, sour cream and chives. Yum
20181027_185548-1512x2016.jpg 20181027_185551-1512x2016.jpg
The boys went and had little smokies while Krissie and I played Carnival games. I didnt try these, or get a photo, but Mike said they were little sausage. Ok. Here is the official pic.
Little Smokies-1.jpg
The games we played were ring toss, bowling and shoot the golf ball with a nerf gun. The games were free to play, but you had to pay to win. We just played for awhile. Once Krissie saw I was a good shot, we bought some tickets and won some golf balls. Here is the sweet guy who let us play shoot em up.

The carnival also had a wine truck with a tasty sparkling rose. I wish I had taken a photo.

We then moved on to the BUBBLES LOUNGE Notice my favorite wines were the champagnes. The food here was OK. The focus was really on the bubbly. We had
  • Smoked Salmon Toast, Egg, Chive, Parmesan Snow, Rye Crisp
  • Candied Detroit Beet, Burrata, Almond “Parfait”
  • Deviled Eggs
  • Open Faced Roast Beef Sandwich, Rare Roasted Angus Beef, Horseradish Crema, Black Bread
  • Smoked Trout Salad, Chive, English Mustard, English Cucumber
  • Gougères
The eggs were good. The best parfait and trout salad were gross . The salmon was ok, but very salty. I honestly dont recall the beef. They also had bags of Boom Chicka Pop popcorn, which I snuck out for a snack later.
20181027_183331-1512x2016.jpg 20181027_182444-1512x2016.jpg 20181027_182425-1512x2016.jpg 20181027_182503-1512x2016.jpg
Reached another limit so next post

Here were the causeway offerings.
  • Shula's Steak House - Oven Roasted Beef Rib Eye, Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes, Mushroom Duxelles, Sauce Bordelaise
  • Fresh Mediterranean Market - Thai Chicken Salad, Hammock Hollow Lettuce, Green Papaya, Tamarind-Ginger Dressing
  • Cabana Bar & Beach Club - Gooey Spicy Ham & Cheese Fritters, Creamy Roasted Tomato Sofrito, Romano Crackers
  • Picabu - Choriqueso Torta: Homemade Chorizo Sausage, Roasted Poblano Peppers, Cotija Cheese, Tomatillo Salsa “Aioli”
  • Cib's Smoke Shop - Smoked Beef Brisket Burnt Ends, Coleslaw, Fried Pickle, BBQ Dipping Sauce, Cib’s Sauces
  • Il Mulino - Braised Beef Agnolotti, Caponata-Agrodolce, Baby Leeks, Glace de Viande “Mornay”
  • Todd English's bluezoo - Chimichurri Lobster Taco - lobster, corn tortilla, cauliflower, fried squash blossom, radish
  • Garden Grove - George’s Bank Sea Scallops, Wild Chanterelle, Cashew Romesco, Navel Orange Beurre Blanc
  • Kimonos - Dragon Roll - Dragon Roll: Crispy Shrimp, Yellowfin Tuna, Haas Avocado, Kewpie Mayonnaise
  • The Fountain - Beef Slider: Mini Beef Burger, Truffle Aioli, Applewood Smoked Bacon, Roma Tomato Chutney
  • Desserts presented by Laurent Branlard, Executive Pastry Chef, Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotel:
    • Banana Lime Tart – clafoutis with passion fruit marinated bananas, lime peel bavaroise, sugar flower
    • Nutella Truffle - hazelnut crémeux with hazelnut crunch, hazelnut dacquoise
    • Raspberry Litchi Bubble - raspberry compote, litchi bavaroise, raspberry sauce, raspberry marshmallow
My favorites were, of course Shula's (cant beat tender steak and taters), the lobster taco, dragon roll and dessert.

20181027_223920-1512x2016.jpg 20181027_194814-1512x2016.jpg 20181027_202607-1512x2016.jpg 20181027_201224-1512x2016.jpg 20181027_193137-1512x2016.jpg 20181027_223920-1512x2016.jpg 20181027_194814-1512x2016.jpg 20181027_202607-1512x2016.jpg 20181027_201224-1512x2016.jpg 20181027_193137-1512x2016.jpg 20181027_180625-1512x2016.jpg 20181027_223935-1512x2016.jpg 20181027_201513-1512x2016.jpg 20181027_182808-1512x2016.jpg 20181027_193649-1512x2016.jpg
More coming

Finally, there were 3 additional things I didn't get pictures of, presumably because I was wayyyy tooo Drrruuuunnnkkk to remember. Before dessert, Krissie got a Kaki Gori shaved ice thing she loved and we got some kalua pork with rice and ahi tuna poke. Here are pictures from the Disnry Food Blog.Shaved Ice - Luau.jpg TP1.jpg Earth Baked Kalua Pork.jpg

The pork didnt look like this, but the others did. I wish I had remembered what they tastes like.

Before the 9 o'clock ending time, we just weren't feeling the party anymore. We decided to walk off our drunk a bit on the way to Epcot to watch Illuminations. But first, we stopped in Japan to get this little candy, wrapped in edible plastic wrap. Something just seems wrong about eating the plastic, but it does melt and tastes like a citrus gummy.
20181101_153824-1512x2016.jpg

So I thought we were all pretty normal acting, but I guess not. We went to a fireworks viewing area near France and on a lower level close to the water. We stood next to a group of obnoxious people. Two couples that "needed to get a room" if ya know what I mean. The first couple we offended because apparently we were interrupting their tongue-twirling session by being too loud. They made smart comments about rude drunk people and moved away. Mike then went over to the smoking section, a garbage can with a built in ash tray. Then the guy broke away from his droolly kissing the girl (using that loosely as she was probably in her 30's and he was almost bald) to say "Oh, people can smoke here?" I said yes there is an ashtray right there. He then said, "you people disgust me" and moved on. Seriously? We weren't that loud or obnoxious. Mike was in a designated smoking section. We aren't grabbing each other's body parts in front of little children, yet we are the obnoxious drunk people? Anyway, both couples, friends of course, gave us something to laugh about and we had a grand time watching beautiful fireworks.

Another great evening at Disney.

Sorry folks. Looks like I doubled up on some photos.

One day I will be at WDW when the Parisian breakfast happens. I am impressed with you're continuing to tour afterwards. I would have gone back to the hotel and napped by the pool.

You need to plan that breakfast! We toured Hollywood Studios after. We stumbled onto Rock n' Rollee Coaster, ToT, Star Tours and TSM. We also watched the Muppets and toured Toy Story Land. Krissie Krissie bought me a margarita at the market near RnRC, which was lame.
I then went to her my makeup done back in Epcot at Guerlain. I honestly dont know how I did it.

Have a reservation for Jiko in January and have been back and forth about it. Those short ribs look amazing so may just keep the reservation!

And that Parisian breakfast. Another couple and my husband and I shut down the breakfast lol! We just said keep the open bottles coming til they are all empty . And they did!!

Go to Jiko. Everything there is amazing! It is one of my favorite restaurants anywhere!

We would have closed down the Parisian breakfast too if I bn hadnt made Fastpasses.

This is a great review of your meal at Jiko. We have many in common : Jiko is also my favorite place to eat at WDW, Shellie is my favorite server there (okay, I didn't assess all the staff, but she is my person to go!), and Delicate is an absolutely amazing wine.

I never had the lamb. The photo gives me the taste to try it!

Get the lamb. Best lamb ever. Shellie is great. We really missed her this trip. I wish I could get Delicate at home.

Hi! I'm looking forward to reading your report!
The Parisian breakfast looks wonderful. I really enjoy the offerings they have at Les Halles.
Less Halles is great. This was like a Best Of and more.

Wow! Everything looks delicious...excited to follow along:)

Most of it was delicious. Only a few things at the Classic were a miss. Good thing is there were plenty of other things to eat and drink.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!