WDW resorts surrounded by least amount of water

I saw one at Flametree in AK but in the water. I think another poster commented too. Guess he hung out there because people must have been throwing food to him :sad2: But I’ve never seen any out of the water at wdw.

I absolutely believe that. When I was there last summer I remember signs being up at the seating by the water at flametree asking guests not to feed wildlife, meaning that enough were doing it to require that those signs be put up. I'm sure there are people who still ignore them regardless.

We have seen alligators at the mini-put too, and you will want to be careful around Splash mountain.
We saw an alligator once while riding the Splash Mountain (either in 2010 or 2011). A CM was standing on the edge trying to push it away with some sort of a long stick. It was quite a surprise and I was worried about our safety for a second.

We were at Flametree in Feb—didn’t see an alligator but there was a family feeding a very large bird and they started getting aggressive and I ended up having to ask them to stop feeding it!
As far as resorts without water, like others have said there’s a chance of an alligator ending up anywhere on property. I’ve stayed at AKL and I’d be inclined to think because of all of the animal caretakers that they’d be on the lookout for alligators. We just stayed at Poly in Feb and the entire beach area is closed off by fencing.

So how does the hubby feel about poisonous snakes and spiders?

That would be venomous snakes and spiders, unless he is planning on eating them.

Sorry, but if you're that paranoid about such an unlikely event, how do you drive? It's far, far, far more likely to be injured or killed driving, like several million to one times more likely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter