WDW Currently still lids/straws???

brockash

DIS Veteran
We're heading down in 9 days and I just read that some places at Disney supposedly stopped giving out straws/lids today...can anyone else confirm or share your recent experience. The poster who reported it made it seem she was able to get lid/straws at some locations after requesting (Cosmic Rays and Pinocchio Village), but others she couldn't even when requested - I believe it was a place in Epcot. This really throws a wrench in our trip coming up and would love any info. to know what to expect and to possibly make accommodations if necessary.

Not looking for a debate on if you think there should or shouldn't be lids/straws, just looking for first hand accounts thx!

I hadn't read anything about lids for WDW but straws will only be available upon request from what I have read.

Saw something on FB today that said you simply have to ask for a straw. (With the exception of AK since they already didn't have them)
I will be doing that next week.
This is all I ever wanted was to still have it as an option.
Now all the people that claim they don't care can simply not ask for one.

Anyone else there now and can give first hand accounts on lids and straws (other than AK)?

We’ve had mixed results. I didn’t ask for a lid/ straw anywhere that did not hand one out and so far anywhere we’ve ordered a soft drink did not put a lid/ straw with it.

We’ve ordered soft drinks at La Cantina in Epcot and the kids soft drinks did have straws/ lids (did it order soft drinks for the adults) but another party asked about lids for their soft drinks and the CM got very flustered and said “we just stopped today.” I’m not sure if this guy got his lid or not.

Woody’s at HS also seemed to have lids (at least the 4 cups of ice water I gulped down has them) and straws at the napkin/ utensil area.

Cosmic Ray’s did not put lids on our drinks. Two kids drinks and 1 adult drink, zero lids. I did not ask for any (we weren’t walking around with them so not needed). I didn’t look for straws.

Pinocchio’s also did not put lids on the drinks i saw while waiting for my order.

It’s a YMMV situation. I haven’t asked for a lid anywhere but nowhere seems to be just putting lids on the drinks here.

We’ve had mixed results. I didn’t ask for a lid/ straw anywhere that did not hand one out and so far anywhere we’ve ordered a soft drink did not put a lid/ straw with it.

We’ve ordered soft drinks at La Cantina in Epcot and the kids soft drinks did have straws/ lids (did it order soft drinks for the adults) but another party asked about lids for their soft drinks and the CM got very flustered and said “we just stopped today.” I’m not sure if this guy got his lid or not.

Woody’s at HS also seemed to have lids (at least the 4 cups of ice water I gulped down has them) and straws at the napkin/ utensil area.

Cosmic Ray’s did not put lids on our drinks. Two kids drinks and 1 adult drink, zero lids. I did not ask for any (we weren’t walking around with them so not needed). I didn’t look for straws.

Pinocchio’s also did not put lids on the drinks i saw while waiting for my order.

It’s a YMMV situation. I haven’t asked for a lid anywhere but nowhere seems to be just putting lids on the drinks here.
Thank you so much for posting your current experience. We'll be down in a week and would like to know what to expect.

Just saw on social media TS no longer handing out straws, you have to ask.

I was cool with paper straws, but now not to have lids...no good.

What do I do with my Starbucks? Walk around sloshing all over people?

Thank you to everyone who's reporting their experiences. Although it seems mixed depending on the restaurant it really helpful to hear all the reports.

We’ve been here for a week now. There are still lids and straws everywhere we’ve been so far.
Thanks. Hopefully your enjoying your vacation, if you get some time would you mind listing the places you've seen/used lids/straws since yesterday (yesterday seemed to be the first day anyone here stated there was a change?) Thanks so much!

Thanks. Hopefully your enjoying your vacation, if you get some time would you mind listing the places you've seen/used lids/straws since yesterday (yesterday seemed to be the first day anyone here stated there was a change?) Thanks so much!

Yesterday - Disney Springs
Polite Pig and Blaze Pizza

Today - Animal Kingdom
Starbucks and Satuli Canteen (really not 100% sure about Satuli because we didn't actively seek out straws or lids)

Straws for sure at all foodcourts today....Pop, POFQ and POR.

I've been there for the last 10 days and this is correct!

Define “everywhere” and also whether or not a guest had to ask. There are a lot of QS and my experience hasn’t matched that- it’s been inconsistent. We’ve been here a week and have not had lids on any drink we’ve picked up at a counter. We have not asked for them, as we were not going to walk around with drinks so I can’t say whether or not they were available, but they were not on the cups and they were not out for us to get them ourselves.

At the two places we ordered drinks where you fill them yourself (Sunshine Seasons at Epcot and Backlot Express at HS) there were lids available where you fill the drinks. Any other QS did not have lids on our drinks but we also did not ask for them. We did not order soft drinks at the resort quick service (BC or YC) so I can’t speak for that. It does seem that anyone walking around with a Starbucks or drink from a coffee cart does have a lid/ straw.

Thanks so much for the info. Hopefully in the coming days more ppl will let us know their current experiences.

I guess I can kind of understand the reasoning for no straws but no lids, that one kind of confuses me. That is just asking for either lawsuits or very angry guests when someone either spills hot coffee on themselves or others, or any drink on someone else because someone wasn't watching where they were going or by accident. They should at least have lids but the ones like you get for coffee. Unless of course they are keeping them for hot drinks and if so would they fit on a cold drink cup? If so maybe keeping one from a hot cup to put on a cold cup. Myself personally I only walk around with my Starbucks refresher and not an actual soft drink but there is no way I can walk around with a venti or trenta without a lid because I will spill more of it then not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!