WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

all parking lots open about 45 minutes before park official opening time, they let you line up at the toll plaza about an hour before

If arriving too early at the MK toll, I've heard people mention looping back around to hopefully then be able to get in line. Looking at a map, what is the route to take to be able to loop back around quickest? It's been a few years since we've been there, and maybe when there in person it's more obvious....

Also if we decide to Uber in to MK instead, where is the best place to have them drop us off so we can walk to the park (like can we be dropped off at one of the resorts)?

If arriving too early at the MK toll, I've heard people mention looping back around to hopefully then be able to get in line. Looking at a map, what is the route to take to be able to loop back around quickest? It's been a few years since we've been there, and maybe when there in person it's more obvious....

Also if we decide to Uber in to MK instead, where is the best place to have them drop us off so we can walk to the park (like can we be dropped off at one of the resorts)?
After the toll plaza you take the exit towards the gas station back to world drive, then you take the return loop towards mk
You won't be able to get dropped off at the contempo unless you have a dining reservation. Uber drops off at the ttc. I know people have been dropped off on the side of the road at contempo but that's not allowed and unsafe

I have a question about eating/drinking in the parks when you're not at a restaurant (outside/walking).

I know you are not allowed to take off your mask except for at the restaurant tables and in the special mask-free sit down stations. But what is the rule for wanting to take a drink of water from a bottle? Am I allowed to take a sip while waiting in line? I don't want to do anything wrong but I want to know what I allowed and not allowed.

Before the virus I used to bring a granola bar to eat for my breakfast, and I would usually eat it while waiting for the rope to drop or while waiting in line for a ride. I am guessing I am not allowed to do that anymore, right?

Just stating, I know I need to wear my mask and I will follow the rules, I just want to make sure I am being informed properly beforehand.

After the toll plaza you take the exit towards the gas station back to world drive, then you take the return loop towards mk
You won't be able to get dropped off at the contempo unless you have a dining reservation. Uber drops off at the ttc. I know people have been dropped off on the side of the road at contempo but that's not allowed and unsafe

Ahhh, ok. I was thinking they didn't even let you through the toll plaza.

I have a question about eating/drinking in the parks when you're not at a restaurant (outside/walking).

I know you are not allowed to take off your mask except for at the restaurant tables and in the special mask-free sit down stations. But what is the rule for wanting to take a drink of water from a bottle? Am I allowed to take a sip while waiting in line? I don't want to do anything wrong but I want to know what I allowed and not allowed.

Before the virus I used to bring a granola bar to eat for my breakfast, and I would usually eat it while waiting for the rope to drop or while waiting in line for a ride. I am guessing I am not allowed to do that anymore, right?

Just stating, I know I need to wear my mask and I will follow the rules, I just want to make sure I am being informed properly beforehand.
Yes, you are able to eat/snack while waiting in line as long as you are stopped. No issues for me anytime we stopped for me to grab a quick sip of water or bite of food while distanced from others. Just don't walk through the line while eating/drinking and you should be ok.

When we went in July/August, we took quick swigs of water while socially distanced in line but didn't feel good about eating in line or seeing others eat in line as the mask tends to be off longer while people eat vs a quick swig of water. Otherwise, you can sit/stand off to the side in the parks to eat/drink if you're socially distanced. Also, without FP+, the lines are constantly moving unless you hit a cleaning cycle.

No idea if this is the right thread, but specifically didn’t want to post a new one.

My family of five had 4 five day park hoppers and one 7 day park hopper, all bought from Undercover Tourist. They were date extended to 2021. I called, and told them my goal was everyone to have a six day base ticket.

I was on hold over two hours. Dropping the park hopper requires it to be escalated. Price bridging, the extra day, etc meant it took some time. However, the end result was six day DATED base tickets for everyone, and a refund on a Disney gift card for over $400. I got the refund digitally within 24 hours.

Well worth the headache to call. I didn’t want to wait untilI arrived

No idea if this is the right thread, but specifically didn’t want to post a new one.

My family of five had 4 five day park hoppers and one 7 day park hopper, all bought from Undercover Tourist. They were date extended to 2021. I called, and told them my goal was everyone to have a six day base ticket.

I was on hold over two hours. Dropping the park hopper requires it to be escalated. Price bridging, the extra day, etc meant it took some time. However, the end result was six day DATED base tickets for everyone, and a refund on a Disney gift card for over $400. I got the refund digitally within 24 hours.

Well worth the headache to call. I didn’t want to wait untilI arrived
more suited for the ticket sticky but thanks for sharing

Noticed yesterday afternoon around 4:30 that they refilled the reservation buckets for this coming weekend. I have been obsessively checking for availability for our dates in October to move our DHS date, and just wanted to offer a possible glimmer of hope for anyone in the same position. They didn't last long, and the dates were back to grey/yellow after 10-15 minutes. But if you're willing to check and change plans last minute (since it seems like refilling is a thing they might only do a few days ahead) you might be in luck if you look at the right time.

I just looked at the calendar for October. The added more availability for Columbus Day week. It was full for DHS most of that week and the prior weekend when I looked yesterday, but availability in all buckets currently. Now the week before, which is when we are going, shows DHS full most days 🤦🏼‍♀️

I just looked at the calendar for October. The added more availability for Columbus Day week. It was full for DHS most of that week and the prior weekend when I looked yesterday, but availability in all buckets currently. Now the week before, which is when we are going, shows DHS full most days 🤦🏼‍♀️

I would prefer it stay yellow than knowing they are adding more bodies. It will be very interesting Oct 8-17 in WDW.

Florida expected to increase indoor dining capacity and general event capacity very soon. Crowds likely will see big increase for holidays

I'm fine with more people as long as they do increase dining room capacity and open some shows to disperse the people.

True that Disney doesn't have to increase capacities consistent with Gov guidelines. But, have you ever seen Disney pass up the opportunity to make more money? Even if they increase capacity and a spike or second wave hits, they can say they followed Gov guidelines to cover butts.

True that Disney doesn't have to increase capacities consistent with Gov guidelines. But, have you ever seen Disney pass up the opportunity to make more money? Even if they increase capacity and a spike or second wave hits, they can say they followed Gov guidelines to cover butts.
They've been given the green light for weeks now to increase capacity

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter