WDW better than Christmas?

Micca

SAHG: Stay At Home Grandfather
Just got back from a week at WDW today. After dozens of visits, this was our very first Christmas eve/day in WDW. Funny thing is, in spite of the the parades, music, and decor, it didn't seem all that much like Christmas. Now here is the strange part...it didn't really matter. Our family was together and having fun but it didn't feel much different than any other day at WDW (which is a hard act to follow).

I've wondered what it would be like to be at WDW at Christmas, I'd love to see all the decorations! It sounds like you had a nice day tho....did you check out all the resorts to see their decorations? I think that would be fun!

I was at DisneyWorld 5 years ago with my boyfriend and we were in line for Peter Pan on Christmas Eve and I started crying because it was the first time I wasn't home for Christmas. I love DisneyWorld but I love my family more and that's where I want to be for the Holidays. BUT - any other time of year - that's another matter..............

If you are like me! Let someone else do the decorating, cooking, cleaning and undecorating. I could do the whole 2 weeks of Christmas and New Years and never miss a thing at home, except my dogs.

--->
I'm with you Mickeyfan1. I loved being at WDW last Christmas. It was the best for me. My kids on the other hand would rather be home on Christmas:rolleyes: even though they loved WDW.

I agree, I go to WDW the week after Thanksgiving and get my Christmas fix. It’s wonderful. I don’t have to decorate and I enjoy the beauty of it all.

We have a small tree and a few decorations but that’s it. Takes me an hour to put it up and an hour to take it down. Working full time puts a damper on things – just no time.

Put it this way, I would feel cheated if I didn’t have my Christmas WDW fix

denise

Snow White yes we did a tour of the monorail resorts to see the decorations (we stayed at WL and it was great too). Also one of Santa's elves left a little goody sack at the door of everyone's room.

We stayed at the WL last Christmas/New Years and it was great. I told my DH Wednesday "I'd rather be at WDW then here at the in-laws for Christmas". This is the first year in 5 that we haven't had a November/December trip to the world. We are going this summer instead and I know I'm going to hate it. Too Hot! But DD is going to camp at Busch Gardens in June.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest