Water rides... not volcano bay

cbonebt

Mouseketeer
so if I’m only doing the two main parks what is everyone’s advice about going on water rides??? Just realized today that there are some in the regular parks... I wish I had gotten something to cover our shoes!

Your going to get wet most likely. All the water rides are in Islands of Adventure. The Popeye bilge rat ride is basically the spinning pontoon boat ride like Kali River Rapids, Jurassic Park has a large hill that has a big splash. Not a guarantee that you get wet depends where you are sitting. The Dudley Do Right Ripsaw Falls is a log flume ride. There is a big drop on the end and you go through a waterfall before the drop. If you don’t want to get wet and still ride those rides, get a poncho

Jurassic Park rides varies every time...…

How the boat is loaded and how many are on it will affect how wet you get...….

We have sat in every row hundreds of times and every ride has been different...….some times we get drenched, some times soaked, some time lightly sprinkled and other times we have come off bone dry.

You can`t predict.

Bilge barge ride the water comes in over you too, so your feet will be drenched too even if you sit them up in front of you if you are the one or two under the torrent...….count on being drenched.

Ripsaw Falls we have only come off very wet....never dry...….we also don't wear ponchos.

Ripsaw Falls leaves my sneakers soaked. Its a log flume style ride and you HAVE to sit with your legs straight out. When the boat gets water in it, it moves back and forth through the log as you go up and down hills. I always get drenched on this ride. Jurassic Park is hit or miss, but my feet usually are spared.

We love these rides, but always opt to do them last before leaving for the day so we can go back to our hotel to change. I also pay for a locker next to Ripsaw Falls to keep my bag dry and will leave it in there until we're done with all the water rides.

Yup, to do those rides, best to bring a change of clothes and flip flops. We did jurassic park twice and sat in front row and got wet. The Flume will definitely get you wet. The bilge raft will get you soaked. The way the water comes in on the bilge raft, I don't even think a poncho would do a lot of good.

The Dudley Doright flume is shaped such that it directs water into the log boat on hills, meaning you will be drenched from at least the waist down. If you are going on that or the Popeye Barges, which you should because they are great, just understand you will be soaked exiting and plan accordingly.

Jurassic Park will wet you a little, but you don't necessarily have to plan anything special - you can dry afterwards reasonably easily.

Do I recall correctly that there are no free lockers by the water rides, like Jurassic Park? But, there are pay ones?

Yes. Depending on the line waits, sometimes you can use the free lockers at Hulk and do the water rides. You need the wait time at Hulk to be long enough that you can do the wet ride(s) and get back before the locker starts charging you. This obviously involves more walking than the pay lockers near the wet rides and there is the risk that you may run past the free period.

I've ridden Jurassic Park a few times and barely gotten wet....but seen others get wet.
Both of the others, especially the Bilge Rat Barges, you will be very wet or soaked. Like, "oh crap, I needed a bag for my cellphone" soaked. They are SUPER fun, though. We usually ride them both a few times.
And don't count on the driers to help that much :-)

Are you staying onsite? We save all of the water rides and do them as much as we want before our afternoon break. We then go back to the hotel and change clothes. Annoyingly funny story - on our last trip, I realized I needed to stop by Guest Services before we returned to the hotel. I was literally dripping wet and created a nice puddle while I waited in line - I was THAT wet!

Good question! My DH dislikes getting wet on rides, but I imagine he will want to do Jurassic Park. He generally wears sneakers, so I will have to bring him some flip flops or something.

I can never remember getting really wet on Jurassic so it must only have been a little.

I have never changed shoes and I hate wet feet so maybe I have just been lucky.

Now the other two, while fun, these days I skip. I came off those so wet, I could have swam the course and been drier.

Good question! My DH dislikes getting wet on rides, but I imagine he will want to do Jurassic Park. He generally wears sneakers, so I will have to bring him some flip flops or something.

Even when we got soaked on Jurassic Park, our feet weren't ever soaked...….

There's a plastic cover in the center of the Popeye ride where I've seen some people stuff their shoes right before the ride starts. Also, there's a bar about a foot or so off the ground that you can set you feet on. The floor gets soaked, so if you put your feet up then your shoes might avoid getting soaked. Popeye and Dudley are great rides, though. But both are soakers.

We were on Jurassic Park this January and were so soaked I couldn't help but waddle. We do the water rides before leaving for our afternoon nap. Just thinking about how to keep our shoes dry (or more likely wear the spare pair that morning and then get all our water rides on before leaving).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter