Was scared of ‘Ohana breakfast but ...

MickeyWaffles

DIS Veteran
We ate there this week and it was great!

I was so nervous based on all the negative reviews lately. We were staying at Poly and always do a Mickey meal so it was a no brainer.

Our food was hot and fresh. The waffles were cooked to perfection - this was actually what I was most worried about (yes, my name is MickeyWaffles so no surprise there.)

I don’t care that they replaced bacon with ham because restaurant bacon usually isn’t crispy enough for me. The ham was a nice switch.

Long story short ... I’m glad that I kept our ADR even though I was very tempted to cancel based on so much negativity about ‘Ohana breakfast lately! It was a great breakfast to kick off our trip.

We love Ohana for both meals and the breakfast is usually one of our regular meals but this trip we are staying at AKL so Boma breakfast won out this time.
Glad you tried and enjoyed Stitch and his breakfast.

Ohana is definitely one of those places where the character interaction trumps the food.

IMO, the food is similar to what you can get at a QS. It's good, but you absolutely pay for the character experience.

It was a one and done breakfast for us. We felt rushed and we could barely hear each other from where we were sitting. We enjoyed garden grill soooooo much more.

Am I glad we went? Yes I am. Do I think it's worth doing once? Yes I do. Will we do it again? I don't foresee it...

It was a one and done breakfast for us. We felt rushed and we could barely hear each other from where we were sitting. We enjoyed garden grill soooooo much more.

Am I glad we went? Yes I am. Do I think it's worth doing once? Yes I do. Will we do it again? I don't foresee it...

It’s so funny how people can have such different experiences! We were not rushed and didn’t have any trouble with noise level. We had a great time and I would do
it again especially if we were at Poly again. We don’t normally travel to resort breakfasts from another resort.

We have not done Garden Grill yet because our character meal at Epcot is usually Akershus now but I’m thinking we may try GG next time! It’s fun switching things up a bit.

We ate there this week and it was great!

I was so nervous based on all the negative reviews lately. We were staying at Poly and always do a Mickey meal so it was a no brainer.

Our food was hot and fresh. The waffles were cooked to perfection - this was actually what I was most worried about (yes, my name is MickeyWaffles so no surprise there.)

I don’t care that they replaced bacon with ham because restaurant bacon usually isn’t crispy enough for me. The ham was a nice switch.

Long story short ... I’m glad that I kept our ADR even though I was very tempted to cancel based on so much negativity about ‘Ohana breakfast lately! It was a great breakfast to kick off our trip.

This is good to hear! We have a breakfast booked in early June.
Can you let us know, was Stitch walking around to tables or meeting guests at the entrance? I thought I read that he moved back into the restaurant.
Thanks!

This is good to hear! We have a breakfast booked in early June.
Can you let us know, was Stitch walking around to tables or meeting guests at the entrance? I thought I read that he moved back into the restaurant.
Thanks!

Walking around! He came to our table. Pluto was outside the restaurant for us to meet after our breakfast.

I booked it for the seven of us this summer... the grandchildren love the character
Meals, I booked lots of them, can't wait. I've never been to the poly so I'm really looking forward to it!

Ohana is one of favorite meals for either. We know there are lots of bad reviews but we always have great meals. Glad you enjoyed it. That happened to us with Chef Mickeys. We didn't go for years because of the bad reviews-we went last year and enjoyed it a lot. It really all depends - I feel you try it once and see for yourself.

We have not been in 2 years, but have always had a good experience and it's already scheduled for our upcoming trip. It's a must do as far as my family is concerned. I will definitely be asking for bacon and sampling the ham and sausage, as well.:D

It was a one and done breakfast for us. We felt rushed and we could barely hear each other from where we were sitting. We enjoyed garden grill soooooo much more...
GG is my fave too for sure. No doubt about that. I love the quality and variety. But I do like ohana as well. I've always enjoyed the food there, the relaxing environment, and the adorable characters. OP, im glad you had a good experience. :)

I have had amazing and terrible experiences there. However its worth mentioning that kids usually do not notice what us adults do.. so I will book again until DS doesnt enjoy it any more.

We had a lovely breakfast at Ohana. The food wasn't spectacular but it was good. My husband loves ham and pineapple so that was a plus for him. The character interactions were great, albeit a bit fast. And the meal itself seemed to go fast. Our server was rushing around and seemed overwhelmed even though the restaurant was not busy. He was nice and brought us plenty of refills on stuff but it all went so quickly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter