Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Stayed in an Alcove overlooking the main walkway and lake (was upgraded) and it was just a delight! Such a large spacious and modern feeling room with a great view especially for people watching. Better view than I had at Poly or BWV! (Yes we did a tri-stay) You're not getting a room like that in a Disney Deluxe for less than 800 a night I would say. Barely paid a third of that and this was over July 4th.

Only issue I had was they're renovating and painting the outside of the building and re doing railings. Hardcore smell of paint and primer fumes in hallway the whole time I was there. One of the rooms must've being redone and they kept the interior door open to air it out. Even walking outside you could smell it. But besides that just love the swan and it gets better each time.

That's a helpful link! The walking times in that link are pretty accurate. I would add about 5-8 more minutes depending on how heavy your stroller is and how hot the temperature is. My kids are about 40 pounds each. (I told that them to enjoy the ride because next time, we will be stroller-free!). We have rented both the BOB Dualie (it practically floats off the ground) and the city mini GT2 (requires a little more exertion but works just fine). We have walked in feels-like temperatures as high as in the 90s but I still prefer the walk over waiting for a boat and wondering if I will need to fold up the stroller.

We are arriving at the Dolphin between 11:30 and midnight on a Thurs night November 2. Not sure if we can eat at the airport as we will be racing there after work.
We will be taking an uber from mco to dolphin.
Any ideas on where we can get quick take out. It looks like McDonalds and Boardwalk pizza closes at midnight.
Will uber let us stop to pick something up?
Bring your own food. Or have a grocery delivery service drop an order at bell services that day which you can get on arrival to Dolphin.

I wouldn’t attempt to have the rideshare driver do a stop. Ratings matter and even your generous cash tip might not make up for the lost time/sketchy situation that is.

You can also rent a car for the one day so you can grab something. Next morning you could even do a supply run for yourself before turning it in at the Disney Car Center (only a few companies operate there so double check the list, I know National is one). When you drop your car they will shuttle you wherever for free, including theme parks.

--->
We are arriving at the Dolphin between 11:30 and midnight on a Thurs night November 2. Not sure if we can eat at the airport as we will be racing there after work.
We will be taking an uber from mco to dolphin.
Any ideas on where we can get quick take out. It looks like McDonalds and Boardwalk pizza closes at midnight.
Will uber let us stop to pick something up?
I usually order groceries at the Swan/Dolphin and last time, the groceries arrived before I arrived from my flight, and it was no problem. You could order some filling snacks (hummus, crackers, carrot sticks, cheese, granola bars, etc.) and easy meal items (bread, nut butters, jelly, etc.) that doesn't require microwaving. It doesn't hurt to have extra snacks and groceries for the rest of your trip, too!

Okay one more question!!!

We are coming from Animal Kingdom Lodge - will we be able to get our luggage moved from AKL to swan or is that not part of the service since it’s not an actual Disney hotel?

Okay one more question!!!

We are coming from Animal Kingdom Lodge - will we be able to get our luggage moved from AKL to swan or is that not part of the service since it’s not an actual Disney hotel?
Yes, luggage transfers are fine, talk to bell services.

Does the Swan have alternative pillows available on request? My sister prefers an extra firm pillow and is considering bringing her own.

Does the Swan have alternative pillows available on request? My sister prefers an extra firm pillow and is considering bringing her own.

I have the pillows changed out, because of allergies. I honestly can't say how firm they are though.

Does anybody else have a current problem with the S/D app text feature? I get this message when I go to send a text.....

There is no information at this time
Check back soon

As @maxiesmom said above, I think they have alternatives to the feather pillows available but never heard of firmness choices.

Has anyone here gone to the Il Mulino lounge for a bite to eat after park close?
What kind of options were there?

The MDE app doesn’t show a food menu, just says “Il Mulino Lounge serves cocktails from Italy and beyond and offers a light menu nightly”.

Thanks all!

Has anyone here gone to the Il Mulino lounge for a bite to eat after park close?
What kind of options were there?

The MDE app doesn’t show a food menu, just says “Il Mulino Lounge serves cocktails from Italy and beyond and offers a light menu nightly”.

Thanks all!
Here is the menu from Deb's site.

https://allears.net/dining/menu/il-mulino/dinner/

And here is a screen shot frm the S/D app. Not sure if the screen shot is legible. If you do not have the S/D app, download it, very valuable. When opening it, indicate that you are on the property.

1689880282724.png

Are there newsletters to follow to be notified of special discounts on the Swolphin? I receive some for Disney World itself and others that include third party hotels but never for these Marriott. I would like to try them one day but not at the current prices. TIA

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest