Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Here now. I think we have the same room we'd had a couple trips ago lol.

not liking that the epco t boat does not go to swan and dolphin, only boardwalk. We got it there yest.
I will be down next week and it sounds like I just miss the whole no EC boat thing. That would really not work well for us if it was down so I feel your pain albeit from afar.

Yes exactly what I had!
I will say it really wasn't a big issue, expect I was going to a conference after WDW so I had somethings that i needed to keep hung up. We did manage to get our two suitcases in the closet plus our Water and other drinks. But it was a tight squeeze. Moving the ironing board was a good idea, wish I'd done that.

Both Cabanas and Splash Terrace are down for renovations. Cabanas Bar is open for drinks and they have a limited menu for food. They have food trucks to fill in and the pool wait staff will bring you stuff from Picabu.

We went swimming early yesterday and I went to the pizza food truck around 11:30, but their oven was not heated up yet so they couldn’t serve me yet. So I strolled over to Picabu myself and got a 12 inch mushroom pizza there and a child’s chicken tender meal.

It worked out very well. The pizza was tasty—similar crust to Dominos and not too saucy. I split the pie with my adult niece and nephew plus their two little ones who also had the tenders, fries and applesauce.

Both Cabanas and Splash Terrace are down for renovations. Cabanas Bar is open for drinks and they have a limited menu for food. They have food trucks to fill in and the pool wait staff will bring you stuff from Picabu.

Ugh...that is a bummer. Hope the food trucks work out for you. Leaving today with my nieces for a week in WDW, but staying at BWV. I was thinking that I would miss the Swan/Dolphin and Cabanas. Between the Friendship Boats, and this, I may end up being happy to be at Boardwalk.

I am a newbie and never stayed at either Dolphin or Swan. I am a teacher and found out they offer decent rates I am bringing my nephew for his 16th. We are only coming for 3 days. Not sure which to really pick. I was going to stay at boardwalk but this is better priced.

I personally prefer the Swan, it is about 1/2 the size of the Dolphin. The Swan has 2 Queens vs 2 Double beds. They both share the great pools and the dining options are easy to reach from either hotel. Check all offers since sometimes of the year, there may be lower rates for other offers.

Link for Teachers: https://swandolphin.com/offers/teachers.html
Link for all offers: https://swandolphin.com/offers/index.html

Dave

Last edited:

Ugh...that is a bummer. Hope the food trucks work out for you. Leaving today with my nieces for a week in WDW, but staying at BWV. I was thinking that I would miss the Swan/Dolphin and Cabanas. Between the Friendship Boats, and this, I may end up being happy to be at Boardwalk.
The Splash Terrace is technically open but you would never know it. We ate there yesterday. If you go to the lap pool you will see some tables at the end with place settings and menus. There are no other signs. The menu may be limited we've never been there before so I wouldn't know.
We had a very nice shrimp salad and of course cocktails.

Hey Dan- Right now the Swan is over 100$ more expensive then Dolphin. If I decide to jump for Swan, I would only be able to do Standard view, If I go Dolphin I could do a Balcony room. I know the dolphin is huge , however could you give me an idea of room locations that would be easier to go to so I am not walking through a maze to go to. Also, You have a room location for swan as well if I decide to go that way.

Thank you.

Has anyone changed or considered changing an upcoming Swan or Dolphin stay, due to the FriendShip service temporarily being reduced or the Swan Dolphin dock temporarily being unavailable, due to modifications/repair?

Hey Dan- Right now the Swan is over 100$ more expensive then Dolphin. If I decide to jump for Swan, I would only be able to do Standard view, If I go Dolphin I could do a Balcony room. I know the dolphin is huge , however could you give me an idea of room locations that would be easier to go to so I am not walking through a maze to go to. Also, You have a room location for swan as well if I decide to go that way.

Thank you.
For $100 a night, I think I would be tempted to do the Dolphin.

I don't know room locations as such. But if you want closer to the pool area, ask for west side rooms. Doesn't make much difference at the Swan.

Does anyone know how long they will be down? We love Cabanas and we leave this Saturday for the Dolphin.

Question for the experts...I'm looking at a possible spring 2019 date- looks like the first day on my time period is completely booked?(April 30 ) wow,is there a convention there? Where can I look to see what conventions are scheduled? I can't believe it's booked solid already in both hotels

Question for the experts...I'm looking at a possible spring 2019 date- looks like the first day on my time period is completely booked?(April 30 ) wow,is there a convention there? Where can I look to see what conventions are scheduled? I can't believe it's booked solid already in both hotels

They don't seem to release all of the rooms this far out. We found the same situation before and then when it got closer rooms opened up for the week. I don't remember how close though. Probably 4 months or so. We generally don't book very far in advance. I just like to look and plan fantasy vacations haha.

We just returned from a split stay (Dolphin and Sheraton Vistana Villages) and really love both resorts. My only complaint was that our Dolphin room seemed smaller than what I remember. It only had one mirror outside the bathroom. I thought all rooms had the other counter area with a mirror. We made it work, but our kids are getting older, and we really needed more room. We had a lovely resort view with balcony overlooking the walkway to the Swan and the boat dock. It was 9th floor (top floor of west wing protruding out towards Swan) and the room was very quiet. We had two full-sized beds. We also received a comped rollaway. At first, they brought us the regular rollaway but I know they have the really nice mattresses like they have on the beds so I requested if they could please bring us one of those. It was actually more comfortable than the bed! lol

We just returned from a split stay (Dolphin and Sheraton Vistana Villages) and really love both resorts. My only complaint was that our Dolphin room seemed smaller than what I remember. It only had one mirror outside the bathroom. I thought all rooms had the other counter area with a mirror. We made it work, but our kids are getting older, and we really needed more room. We had a lovely resort view with balcony over looking the walkway to the Swan and the boat dock. It was 9th floor (top floor of west wing protruding out towards Swan) and the room was very quiet. We had to full-sized beds. We also received a comped rollaway. At first, they brought us the regular rollaway but I know they have the really nice mattresses like they have on the beds so I requested if they could please bring us one of those. It was actually more comfortable than the bed! lol
Was the pool bar shut down for a rehab?

We just returned from a split stay (Dolphin and Sheraton Vistana Villages) and really love both resorts. My only complaint was that our Dolphin room seemed smaller than what I remember. It only had one mirror outside the bathroom. I thought all rooms had the other counter area with a mirror. We made it work, but our kids are getting older, and we really needed more room. We had a lovely resort view with balcony over looking the walkway to the Swan and the boat dock. It was 9th floor (top floor of west wing protruding out towards Swan) and the room was very quiet. We had to full-sized beds. We also received a comped rollaway. At first, they brought us the regular rollaway but I know they have the really nice mattresses like they have on the beds so I requested if they could please bring us one of those. It was actually more comfortable than the bed! lol

Hmmm... both of our rooms 1171 and 1173 Dolphin had two mirrors... one was over the sink which was out side the shower/toilet room and one over the coffee bar area which was where I ended up blowing drying my hair.

No. I was unaware of any rehab other than the dock (they were replacing the treated lumber on the outside of the dock). The pool bar on the Dolphin side was open Thursday and Friday as were the food trucks.
Excellent. We love the pool bar there so I am glad it is open...we leave Saturday for the house of the mouse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter