Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Random opinion question.... if you had a choice would you Swan or Dolphin? I usually stay Dolphin,stayed Swan once,and got a lovely balcony and view..... but that's nit a guarantee (points) all things being equal which do you prefer? (now that they're the same price)

The Swan for us. Much smaller and easier to get around in compared to the Dolphin. Not too important but a bit closer to the other Epcot resorts and Epcot, if walking. And I've gotten to know most of the bell staff over the years. Always nice to see familiar faces every day and have some nice conversations.

Swan for us because of queen beds and size of hotel. We don’t mind the walk to Dolphin’s restaurants.

Got back on Saturday from a 3 night stay at Dolphin, May 9 - 12. I sent an email to concierge before I left requesting early check in and a balcony room is possible. I figured it didn't hurt to ask about the balcony even though I didn't pay for an upgrade. We were on the second leg of a split stay with ASSp so drove over to Dolphin around 8:30 on Wens. morning figuring our room wouldn't be ready, and it wasn't so we just stored our bags and went to AK. We got a text around 1:00 that our room was ready. It was on the 8th floor east wing and I got my balcony. The room was clean and no complaints except that our safe didn't work. Since we were only there for 3 nights I didn't want to deal with maintenance so I didn't report it and forgot to do so before we checked out since we did the text express check out. The thermostat was not great, hot as heck at night but I'm assuming that is the usual motion sensor issue. We don't use the boat between HS and the Dolphin, we always walk it so the fact that it wasn't running wasn't a big deal for us. Part of the main pool at the Dolphin was closed on Thursday, we got a phone call about that Wens. night. We like to use the hot tub area so we just went over to the Swan and used the one there, the only problem with that is they have removed all the chairs in the hot tub area so we had to put our stuff on the ground. We ate breakfast at Picabu one morning and they gave us the AAA discount, also got it at Med. Market and at Fuel. We stopped at the new bar one night for a late supper and some drinks and I have to say they were the rudest bartenders we have ever seen. They didn't crack a smile the entire time we were there and when we asked for the bill a book was sort of tossed at us. Seems they put the bills in books, a fact we weren't told so I guess they were insulted we asked for it instead of picking up the book in front of us. I got a deconstructed ham sandwich and the toast slices were burnt black. I was shocked, I don't think a line cook would have sent something like that out much less a chef. I just ate the other ingredients on the pretzels that are provided because I was afraid if I said something to the bartender I would get tossed out or something. Other than the bar, we had good service and enjoyed our stay as usual.

Do you have the email you used to request your room?
I have the Dolphin booked for three days in September after staying at the Contemporary and we wanted to try something new and also wanted to be closer to Epcot for FW. We have stayed at YC & BC, but now I am getting a little worried that so many people had room problems. Overall did you have a good stay? Was it Clean? Thank you

Random opinion question.... if you had a choice would you Swan or Dolphin? I usually stay Dolphin,stayed Swan once,and got a lovely balcony and view..... but that's nit a guarantee (points) all things being equal which do you prefer? (now that they're the same price)

The Swan because of the queen size beds!

We actually enjoy the stroll over to the Dolphin for food in the evenings. :cloud9:

Swan, to me it's not as busy (fewer rooms) and the queen beds are a huge plus. We generally only at breakfast onsite so the walk to Picabu is easy and then we can either catch the bus at the Dolphin or grab a boat.

It’s such a tough decision for a family of 4. On trips that we need to do laundry, Dolphin is nice. But double beds there are so tight for 4. The extra sink at Swan outside of the room is huge for a family. But the quick service options at Dolphin are convenient. We’ve gotten better views at Dolphin but maybe that’s because there are so many more rooms to have better views there. It’s a complete toss up for us, we decide based on what is more important for us each stay based on length of trip, time of year (sweatier clothes in summer!), etc.

Hey @Dan Murphy, I posted back here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/walt-disney-world-swan-dolphin-resorts-information-questions.3264274/page-310#post-59210700

This all I know about this type of room. Based on the room layout, I don't think they are in the corners as that's is where I think the Alcove rooms are at the Dolphin. From the exterior it would just appear to be two standard rooms.

Dave
Ahhh, I see, Dave. Thanks. Where is that room drawing from?

They have so many room types/names at S/D, it gets confusing.

Alcove rooms at corners at the Swan also.

Trying one more time for TJ. Anybody have an answer to the question here from TJ on studio locations?

https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...tion-questions.3264274/page-310#post-59213888

I might take a stab at the answer, but not really sure. Possibly in the corners of the buildings? Actually, I am not familiar with the term 'studios' at S/D.

Thanks Dan and Dave - I did see that layout and info on the spg website, room looks perfect for what we will need. We have stayed in the alcove family rooms in the past and I know they are in the corners but this will be my first time in the studio. I think I will just go with the luck of the draw and wait and see :)

Thanks Dan and Dave - I did see that layout and info on the spg website, room looks perfect for what we will need. We have stayed in the alcove family rooms in the past and I know they are in the corners but this will be my first time in the studio. I think I will just go with the luck of the draw and wait and see :)
Glad to see you got your answer, TJ.

Some new additions to S/D Food & Wine Classic in October.

https://wdwnt.com/2018/05/swan-and-...xpand-with-hawaiian-themed-area-and-new-eats/

The Swan and Dolphin Resort’s ninth annual Food & Wine Classic will introduce an all-new Hawaiian luau themed area, complete with new dishes inspired by the flavors of the Pacific.

The new area, named “The Pig and The Poke,” will feature decorations that transform the area to resemble Hawaii, and will be set up along the private beach of the two resorts.

Pig-&-The-Poke.jpg

https://www.swandolphinfoodandwineclassic.com/eat/menu/luau.php

Do you have the email you used to request your room?
I have the Dolphin booked for three days in September after staying at the Contemporary and we wanted to try something new and also wanted to be closer to Epcot for FW. We have stayed at YC & BC, but now I am getting a little worried that so many people had room problems. Overall did you have a good stay? Was it Clean? Thank you

I just went to the Swan/Dolphin web page and under home tab went to VIP Concierge and took it from there.
I've stayed at Dolphin a number of times and haven't had any room problems, at least nothing big. Like any hotel there are going to be small issues from time to time. The room was clean and we enjoyed it and will be staying there again in Sept.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter