Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

i *think* it's only one night,since the date of checkin has had housekeeping,and date of checkout has to be cleaned(for next guest) so just the one night credit. I love the credit system!

I've always gotten the 500 points (I take that rather than the $5 credit) for all but one night so I think what I stated earlier is correct.

I assumed since JJ2017 said they were staying Friday - Sunday nights, they'd be checking out Monday morning (I agree check-out day is not included). Friday night would not qualify for the resort credit or points, but Saturday and Sunday nights would. Monday, of course, wouldn't.

Last edited:
I've always gotten the 500 points (I take that rather than the $5 credit) for all but one night so I think what I stated earlier is correct.

I assumed since JJ2017 said they were staying Friday - Sunday nights, they'd be checking out Monday morning (I agree check-out day is not included). Friday night would not qualify for the resort credit or points, but Saturday and Sunday nights would. Monday, of course, wouldn't.

We also take the points--bigger bang for the buck.

Hi all!
Have several questions about the Dolphin. We have booked it for May, 2018 and was wondering if you could "give me the scoop" on
2 Double bed standard view. We are just staying one night, and moving over to our DVC home of CCV the next day for a week.
Is it a nice room?
Is it extra to check out 1-2 hours later?
How much to park? I don't think I saw a cost for parking.. A "resort fee" was added, or will be and did not no if that is
included in the fee..
What breakfast restaruant will be a good option for 3 adults, no kids?

P.S. We have never stayed at the Dolphin/Swan ever!

Thanks!
DeerH

Is it extra to check out 1-2 hours later?
How much to park? I don't think I saw a cost for parking.. A "resort fee" was added, or will be and did not no if that is
included in the fee..
What breakfast restaruant will be a good option for 3 adults, no kids?

Late check out information
https://swandolphin.com/feedback/reserve.html

3. Do you allow late check outs?
Check out time is 11:00 AM on the day of departure. However, we can extend your departure time for an additional fee. Please call the Front Desk on the morning of your departure to check for availability.

12:00 PM- 2:00 PM - $40
2:00 PM- 5:00 PM - 1/2 Day's Rate
After 5:00 PM - Full Day's Rate

(Late check-outs are subject to availability)

Parking fee information
https://swandolphin.com/feedback/transportation.html

5. Is there a fee for parking at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin?
Yes. The nightly fees for parking are listed below and subject to change.

Self Parking Fees
Non-Registered Guest* $20.00 for each exit
Registered Guest ** $20.00 + tax per day

Valet Parking Fees
Non-Registered Guest* $30.00 for each exit
Registered Guest ** $30.00 + tax per day

*A non-registered guest is a guest who is visiting the hotel to use the facilities and services, but is not staying over night.

**A registered guest has a room reservation to spend one or more nights at the hotel.

Resort fee information
https://swandolphin.com/feedback/reserve.html

7. How much does the mandatory Resort Service Package cost and what does it include?
Resort Service Package is $28 + tax per day and includes:

• Unlimited access to the resort’s health club facilities including 24 hour access to Dolphin Health Club
  • Unlimited domestic, long distance, and local calls
  • 2 bottles of water refreshed daily
  • In-room enhanced high speed wireless internet access
  • Complimentary daily scheduled fitness classes
  • Complimentary daily scheduled recreational resort and pool activities
  • $25 off spa services of $100 or more during each day of your visit at Mandara Spa
  • Complimentary Swan Paddle Boat rentals
  • Complimentary S'mores Fun Kit each day of your stay to be used at our evening Campfire & S'mores event

We also take the points--bigger bang for the buck.

Definitely. The Points Guy has SPG points at 2.7 cents per, so 500 points would be worth $13.50. My personal calculation is 3.3 cents per, so worth $16.46.

Either way, definitely much better than a $5 credit. Plus SPG points never expire.

I'm going to drop this info here, it's probably known by many already. For our January 2018 stay we booked through Costco, and I knew going into it that I would not earn any SPG points. But I was a bit surprised that the stay didn't show up on my SPG account, though eventually the staff at S/D did trigger it so that it would on my SPG app. While I knew I wouldn't get points I did figure it would show the number of days, thus counting towards my continued gold status. SPG's response was to let me know that nothing counts unless "stay is booked through us directly" - not upset. However as one that ops to stay with Starwood hotels this is frustrating. At a conference two years ago I chose to stay at the Sheraton even though other hotels were closer, points didn't count but I do think I got the # of days. I do wish that SPG would always have the lowest rates, but reality is that often they do not.

I stumbled into this thread because I was browsing Costco's deals today and saw the S/D packages. I'm poking around trying to get a jump on planning for next spring, so my dates are too early to book anything yet--but I wondered if those who have tracked this before can advise on whether Costco typically has S/D deals in March? I know there are no guarantees of what will be available in the future, etc., but wondered how closely I should watch for it. (And how much reading up I should do about S/D to prepare myself to possibly snatch up a deal if it comes along!)

Also, does anyone know when they typically release deals for the next calendar year--is it summer, after Disney publishes their rates for the upcoming year? Or totally random?

I stumbled into this thread because I was browsing Costco's deals today and saw the S/D packages. I'm poking around trying to get a jump on planning for next spring, so my dates are too early to book anything yet--but I wondered if those who have tracked this before can advise on whether Costco typically has S/D deals in March? I know there are no guarantees of what will be available in the future, etc., but wondered how closely I should watch for it. (And how much reading up I should do about S/D to prepare myself to possibly snatch up a deal if it comes along!)

Also, does anyone know when they typically release deals for the next calendar year--is it summer, after Disney publishes their rates for the upcoming year? Or totally random?

I would call Costco Travel at (866-921-7925. Their hours are: Saturday - Sunday 6 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. (Pacific Time).

Book a Dolphin stay for September as a response to parking fee at Disney hotels still paying less than AKL. I got AAA rate with 50 bucks resort credit since I booked 6 nights. Anyone know if I can use the resort credit on food at the onsite restaurants?

Also is there a short term parking section so you can check in? I read you need your key for the parking gates.

Anyone know if I can use the resort credit on food at the onsite restaurants?

Also is there a short term parking section so you can check in? I read you need your key for the parking gates.
You can use at the Swan or Dolphin.

You can park for maybe 10-15 minutes in the circular drive at the entrance.

Can someone provide a link to the Dolphin (or Swan) Premium Alcove Room? I'm getting myself so confused on the website.

And, would anyone know if this room can connect to a standard double room?

And, would this room be able to be booked on points.

Thanks!

I would call Costco Travel at (866-921-7925. Their hours are: Saturday - Sunday 6 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. (Pacific Time).

Yes, definitely call Costco travel. They might give a canned answer in case they don't really "know" if they'll still be partnering with hotels, I'd assume. However, I've lurked off and on for a few years, and I don't think you have much to worry about as far as there not being some sort of package in March next year. I'm pretty sure they've had a pkg all year, it just changes. This recent 6 day pkg is not something I've seen before, but I'm guessing it was offered to fill up some rooms. The advertised 5 day package AFTER this new 6 day special lacks a few "perks" of the standard 5 day pkg that I've seen consistently over the past few years, but I'm guessing it's because the rooms were filling quickly, so they know it's going to be a popular time. Laissez Faire / Supply N Demand and stuff - (Just an assumption.)

I THINK, if I were you, I'd check out teh standard spring break times for next year. My guess would be that there would be no incentive for them to up their deal pkg during a spring breaky time,BUT, if it's not during a spring breaky time, you could book the refundable pkg, and then take a wait and see approach, although that will cost you a little extra.

Good luck, let us know what Costco says. Might be interesting.

Can someone provide a link to the Dolphin (or Swan) Premium Alcove Room? I'm getting myself so confused on the website.

And, would anyone know if this room can connect to a standard double room?

And, would this room be able to be booked on points.

Thanks!
You can absolutely book a Deluxe Alcove on points! You will need to call SPG to do it; it's not bookable online. The Deluxe Alcove is an awesome use of points! The Swan Deluxe Alcoves are all corner rooms on the "wings". This means if you like quiet, there is no need to request "far from elevator"; you are automatically far from the elevator. Unless you get upgraded to an executive suite; in the Swan those tend to be next to the elevator and literally straddle the ice machine. (just stuff a towel under the door and you're good to go!)

I don't recall the Swan deluxe alcoves having a connecting door. Someone else will need to provide input on the Dolphin connecting situation.

You're getting confused because the Deluxe Alcoves are called "Family Rooms" on the website! When you call SPG to book, ask for "Deluxe Alcove". The website; however, calls them family rooms!

https://www.swandolphin.com/accommodations/swan_deluxe_family_room.html

https://www.swandolphin.com/accommodations/dolphin_deluxe_family_room.html

Yes, definitely call Costco travel. They might give a canned answer in case they don't really "know" if they'll still be partnering with hotels, I'd assume. However, I've lurked off and on for a few years, and I don't think you have much to worry about as far as there not being some sort of package in March next year. I'm pretty sure they've had a pkg all year, it just changes. This recent 6 day pkg is not something I've seen before, but I'm guessing it was offered to fill up some rooms. The advertised 5 day package AFTER this new 6 day special lacks a few "perks" of the standard 5 day pkg that I've seen consistently over the past few years, but I'm guessing it's because the rooms were filling quickly, so they know it's going to be a popular time. Laissez Faire / Supply N Demand and stuff - (Just an assumption.)

I THINK, if I were you, I'd check out teh standard spring break times for next year. My guess would be that there would be no incentive for them to up their deal pkg during a spring breaky time,BUT, if it's not during a spring breaky time, you could book the refundable pkg, and then take a wait and see approach, although that will cost you a little extra.

Good luck, let us know what Costco says. Might be interesting.

We have a tiny bit of flexibility with dates, but probably are looking at the week before the busiest spring break week--which next year happens to be Mardi Gras week, so pretty busy in its own right. I am concerned that it might be too busy to get many discounts. It's good to hear that there is usually at least some kind of deal available from Costco, even if the terms vary.

Thanks to you and shoreward! I'll try to give them a call tomorrow to see if they can at least let me know how far ahead things become bookable.

We have a tiny bit of flexibility with dates, but probably are looking at the week before the busiest spring break week--which next year happens to be Mardi Gras week, so pretty busy in its own right. I am concerned that it might be too busy to get many discounts. It's good to hear that there is usually at least some kind of deal available from Costco, even if the terms vary.

Thanks to you and shoreward! I'll try to give them a call tomorrow to see if they can at least let me know how far ahead things become bookable.
I would love to hear the answer too - that is the week I am looking at as well, and this is my first time considering S/D, so I have a lot to learn!

You can absolutely book a Deluxe Alcove on points! You will need to call SPG to do it; it's not bookable online. The Deluxe Alcove is an awesome use of points! The Swan Deluxe Alcoves are all corner rooms on the "wings". This means if you like quiet, there is no need to request "far from elevator"; you are automatically far from the elevator. Unless you get upgraded to an executive suite; in the Swan those tend to be next to the elevator and literally straddle the ice machine. (just stuff a towel under the door and you're good to go!)

I don't recall the Swan deluxe alcoves having a connecting door. Someone else will need to provide input on the Dolphin connecting situation.

You're getting confused because the Deluxe Alcoves are called "Family Rooms" on the website! When you call SPG to book, ask for "Deluxe Alcove". The website; however, calls them family rooms!

https://www.swandolphin.com/accommodations/swan_deluxe_family_room.html

https://www.swandolphin.com/accommodations/dolphin_deluxe_family_room.html
Ok. Sounding good. Some follow up questions:

How many people does this kind of room sleep? It’s me and hubby and our 5 and 7 year old. I don’t love the idea of the kids sharing the pull out. Can we get a cot?

Is this the correct category of room that qualifies for the Club Level Fast passes?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter