Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

The Starwood Corporation who owns the Sheraton/Westin hotels has recently announced a change that might be impacting you as far out as you can book. Have you tried booking through the https://www.starwoodhotels.com/ website? They might have a conference during that time that is holding a large number of rooms, that is also a big Spring Break time so it really might be booked. I just checked Costco Travel for those dates and nothing came back, so it might be outside of the booking window. Have you called the Swan/Dolphin direct?
Thanks! I should have thought to try Costco. I tried swan/dolphin direct, Starwood, our SPG app, and Travelocity. It really might be booked. My friend said she saw loads of availability in late January but then very little a couple weeks ago when she booked so she jumped on booking with points. I just thought it was odd that all dates were blacked out after 2/8, which made me wonder if there had been a change in how far out they let you book. I'll keep an eye on rooms to see if anything opens up - I'd like to use points again if possible.

Sidenote: crazy that I'm already thinking about another trip before we've gone on our first one!

Thanks! I should have thought to try Costco. I tried swan/dolphin direct, Starwood, our SPG app, and Travelocity. It really might be booked. My friend said she saw loads of availability in late January but then very little a couple weeks ago when she booked so she jumped on booking with points. I just thought it was odd that all dates were blacked out after 2/8, which made me wonder if there had been a change in how far out they let you book. I'll keep an eye on rooms to see if anything opens up - I'd like to use points again if possible.

Sidenote: crazy that I'm already thinking about another trip before we've gone on our first one!
They recently changed their policy to book no more than 350 days out. Your friend caught it before the change, she’s lucky. I called and was told I couldn’t book in March because dates have not been released yet

Last edited:
Does anyone have a recent(ish) list of personal pantry prices? I'm trying to figure out if it's worth the extra money to do FL Tours with a grocery shop or just Uber/Lyft and get a few things from personal pantry. Can't find the current pricing on the Swolphin website. Thanks!
I think they may have discontinued it. The link I have in the OP does not work anymore. I called guest services just now and the rep said she is not aware of anything like that. Sad to hear it is probably gone. It was priced well.

I think they may have discontinued it. The link I have in the OP does not work anymore. I called guest services just now and the rep said she is not aware of anything like that. Sad to hear it is probably gone. It was priced well.

So kind of you to make the call, thank you very much! Bummer that it appears to be gone, seemed like it could have been a solid option.

Last edited:

That's unfortunate, but that's so much for checking into it for the rest of us!

Has anyone else been having difficulty, recently, linking Swan/Dolphin reservation (room, only) to MDE? I've tried all of the "tricks" I've used in the past, without any luck. Disney is even having problems getting it to link, thought they can verify that the info is correct. I've been told that they expect to have the problem fixed in a few days.

Has anyone else been having difficulty, recently, linking Swan/Dolphin reservation (room, only) to MDE? I've tried all of the "tricks" I've used in the past, without any luck. Disney is even having problems getting it to link, thought they can verify that the info is correct. I've been told that they expect to have the problem fixed in a few days.

I know @hsmamato2 was having all kinds of trouble about 3-4 weeks ago. It took weeks to get it right and I think WDW IT was finally able to resolve it.

We are one week out today from arriving at The Swan (yippee!) and got our SPG Gold Preferred Guest email from the Guest Relations team. Is there anything particular we should consider requesting?

I already confirmed that our room request is noted on our reservation. The only thing I could think to ask about would be some snacks for the room but it sounds like they discontinued the pantry program. So I may do a Prime Now order - just need to figure out when we will be at the resort. That’s the tricky part.

I do have another question: anyone know if you can book the Behind the Seeds tour at Epcot at the Disney desk at the Swan or do you need to do that at the Land Pavilion?

I know @hsmamato2 was having all kinds of trouble about 3-4 weeks ago. It took weeks to get it right and I think WDW IT was finally able to resolve it.
I booked through Costco and it did take a few days for the hotel reservation to show up in MDE, while my park tickets showed up immediately. I did not have to contact anyone or do any "tricks".

I booked through Costco and it did take a few days for the hotel reservation to show up in MDE, while my park tickets showed up immediately. I did not have to contact anyone or do any "tricks".

That's awesome. Too bad when you're dealing with WDW IT, it can be a real challenge.

Yup, I remember that. I was one of those who replied, including providing the phone number and suggestion to call Website/IT Support (so I knew where to call). :)

I also tried entering a "0" in front of the number, which has worked in the past, under those circumstances.

It sounded like this will take a bit of effort on Disney's part to resolve, but, I have confidence that they will come through with fixing the problem.

On a whim, I just tried to enter the Swan confirmation number that MDE did not recognize, and what do you know? It linked to MDE. Disney IT came through a lot more quickly than I expected!

That's good news. Hopefully, this is a fix for whatever problems they have been experiencing. Am I being too optimistic? :rolleyes:

Does anyone know how many glasses/cups you get in your room each day? I want to have breakfast in the room, and want to know if we should bring paper cups for juice or not. I was thinking of "going green," too and if we need more cups can we ask for them? We do plan on getting refillable mugs at Picabu for morning coffee. Thank you.

I seem to recall 4 glasses. But you can ask for as many as you want. Housekeeping will oblige your requests very well. You can call housekeeping or leave a note. A call, in addition to a note might be best, given a possible language difference.

yes. and no it won't be fixed in a few days. Just keep calling the Disney IT line until they get it right. (it's a perpetual problem,I've seen it a few years back,and with a current res.) Usually they can fix things with enough calling and patience,just leave plenty of time to do it.

ha! I posted before I saw this.... I have a group going, and all but one res. is looking good (finally) the past one is still showing only one night on MDE, but since it doesn't impact our tix/fp or anything else (thank you linking) I'm not bothering with it at the moment. The It number (on this thread somewhere worked well)

Does anyone know how many glasses/cups you get in your room each day? I want to have breakfast in the room, and want to know if we should bring paper cups for juice or not. I was thinking of "going green," too and if we need more cups can we ask for them? We do plan on getting refillable mugs at Picabu for morning coffee. Thank you.
There is a minimum of four drinking glasses, in addition to coffee cups. What I like is that they also leave a few disposable drinking cups, wrapped and sealed, each day

We are arriving 2/28 for 6 nights in a dolphin resort view balcony room. How hard would it be to book another room in this category to connect to ours?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter