Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

It looks like it might be a good place to watch a college football game.
Badgers??

We also have a 2D Dolphin Balcony reserved on points over President's weekend,
Enjoy the trip!!

I will be at the Dolphin 12/13-18
Sounds good to me, enjoy!

We are checking in on 12/28.....
Your annual New Years trip! Have fun.

We arrive tomorrow, Thanksgiving Day!! We have one room at the Swan and two rooms at the Dolphin, booked through Priceline! The Swan was 95.00 a night and the Dolphin was $86! There's no availability left for the two days we are there so I pray I don't get the dumpster view!!
Have a super trip. If you get a marginal room, ask for another, you never know what they can come up with.

There is a great deal on the Starwood/SPG site for a room at the Dolphin tonight - about $97 + taxes and resort fees, for a total of $141. That's either for double/double or king room (Traditional). The Swan is slightly higher.

Has anyone used Uber instead of Meats from the airport to dolphin and vice versa? It looks like it would save us a chunk of change. We would need a car seat for DD age 5. Thanks.
We used Uber to and from MCO (stayed at Swan). It was about $32 from MCO to Swan and about $22 from Swan to MCO. We didn't need a car seat, so I can't speak to the pricing for that.

We would use Uber again in a heartbeat. 10 minute wait at the airport. 3 minute wait at the Swan for the return trip.

I'm deciding between Swan/Dolphin and Saratoga Springs for our vacation next year, and I have a couple questions.

1. Has anyone used the allears discount code? If so, was it a good discount, or is the starwood discount a better deal?
2. Where's/whens the best time to get a decent rate on the Dolphin side ? (we stayed at Swan before, so switching it up this time heh) Looked at the rates currently, and they same decent, but just wondering where/when is the cheapest way to get rooms from April 1-7th
3. Do the king rooms still include the loveseat? Or is it only in certain rooms and you have to request it? I am traveling with someone who due to health reasons, sleeps better sitting upright .

TIA!:thanks:

Considering booking at the Swan for April 1-7. Based on the last few pages, is it correct that Magical Express does not include Swan+Dolphin but there are Disney buses that service the resort? I will have a 6 and 3yo who need booster and car seat from the airport. Is Mears the better option vs Uber family?

@cubed Yes you are correct. No to Magical Experess, check out Mears or Uber/Lyft as option, a third option is a town car service. Once you are onsite the Disney transportation to/from Parks is fully available.

I'm deciding between Swan/Dolphin and Saratoga Springs for our vacation next year, and I have a couple questions.

1. Has anyone used the allears discount code? If so, was it a good discount, or is the starwood discount a better deal?
2. Where's/whens the best time to get a decent rate on the Dolphin side ? (we stayed at Swan before, so switching it up this time heh) Looked at the rates currently, and they same decent, but just wondering where/when is the cheapest way to get rooms from April 1-7th
3. Do the king rooms still include the loveseat? Or is it only in certain rooms and you have to request it? I am traveling with someone who due to health reasons, sleeps better sitting upright .

TIA!:thanks:

I can answer only #3 for you, and it’s yes. All king bed rooms include a pull-out sofa.

Also, the Swan and Dolphin are about 900 times nicer than Saratoga Springs. Only advantage I can see for SS would be getting a kitchenette. If you can make do with a fridge in the room and using the microwave in the food court, the beauty and conveniences of the S/D are far above what you’ll get at SS.

Here now for a conference at the Swan/Dolphin. We’re staying at the Swan. We overlook a walkway rooftop but if you look straight ahead you see the Dolphin. They do not sell the refillable cups at Fuel. They do have a Coke Freestyle machine though. Nothing posted about being able to use the machines for refills for the cups or not.

Are the comforters still goose down like it says on page 1?

Can a request be made for a room with no comforters if someone is allergic to goose down?

Does the pool have water wings or only life jackets?

I’m certain that they loan life jackets for the little ones. They sell a lot of inflatable floats and toys at the hut where you get pool towels. I can’t say though whether water wings are in their inventory.

Does the pool have water wings or only life jackets?
Doubtful as Water Wings are not a safe life saving device. While kids and parents love them they provide a sense of false security, I say that as one that has worked around aquatics for years and as a parent that used them.

Can you upgrade to a fireworks view room with points, on a points booking?
In the past we did upgrade our room using points, I'd say give them a call and ask if its an option. I don't see if listed on the SPG site but you never know.

Here now for a conference at the Swan/Dolphin. We’re staying at the Swan. We overlook a walkway rooftop but if you look straight ahead you see the Dolphin. They do not sell the refillable cups at Fuel. They do have a Coke Freestyle machine though. Nothing posted about being able to use the machines for refills for the cups or not.

Much obliged for the info on the refillable cups not being at Fuel.. glad I finally got an answer even if it's not the one I wanted lol...

Also hope your having a fun time at the conference :thumbsup2

Are the comforters still goose down like it says on page 1?

Can a request be made for a room with no comforters if someone is allergic to goose down?

Yes, you can certainly make the request. If you are Starwood Preferred Guest, you can add it to your profile and every Starwood room you book will automatically be down-free. Its wonderful not to have to remember to ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!