Walt Disney World August 2010

WdwforLife

Mouseketeer
There's only 94 days left until my annual trip to Walt Disney World and I just need to document it! I'm so excited!

I'm going from August 17th - August 24th. I was originally supposed to go with my friend Aleda and her two kids in September and I was really excited about that because they had never been there before but unfortunately she just started a new job and she won't have any vacation time. It took some searching but I will going with an old friend of mine: Tina. We have a weird history together and if anyone would like to know about it, I'll be more than happy to tell the story but for now: Disney!

So, after two years at Pop Century I'll finally be going back to my favorite resort: Coronado Springs! I would have liked to stay at the Polynesian but there's just not enough time to save up enough money. Besides CS is amazing and you barely spend any time in the room. But she hasn't been there in almost 12 years so I thought, what the hey. Why not? Besides, with the amount of money you save on the meal plan vs. the amount of money you'd save at a value resort, it all evens out.

So every year, when I go to Disney, I make a Disney binder and every year it improves. It gets bigger, better and more detailed. I make cover pages for all the days we'll be there with the hours of all the parks. I include confirmation pages for our ADRs and custom menus of the restaurants we'll eating at. (So they can see what's on the menu if they'd like before we go.) I include our flight info and boarding passes and any other miscellaneous info. or documents we might have. It's very convenient. I suggest everyone make one!

I have not booked our flights yet. I am still waiting for my friend to 100% confirm. However I'm like eek every day when I see Southwest's price creep up on me. Come ooonnnn, Ding deals!! Daddy needs a cheap roundtrip flight! Last year I got 2 adults roundtrip for $243!!!! Caraaazzzzyyy!

Anyway, this is mostly just to keep me sane for the next 94 days. I already have my list of what I need to bring made. Jumping the gun? Maybe. What would be really bad is if I actually started packing. But I'm not that crazy. Or am I...

Hey...cool! We're arriving at CSR on the 17th too!

See you at the Pepper Market!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Hey...cool! We're arriving at CSR on the 17th too!

See you at the Pepper Market!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

MM. I LOVE the Pepper Market. Even if I don't stay at CSR I always make a trip there. I love it soooooo :) It's always a tradition too to get lunch there before we head out to the parks when we first get there.

MM. I LOVE the Pepper Market. Even if I don't stay at CSR I always make a trip there. I love it soooooo :) It's always a tradition too to get lunch there before we head out to the parks when we first get there.

I've always found it to be pretty funny (read: odd) when I hear people complain about the PM being "confusing!":rotfl2: My family immediately understood, the kids took their own cards around, placed their orders, and we all met back at the table. It's fun to give them that freedom and flexibility when you're on the DDP!! Best Counter Service value of any place we've eaten! Where else can you get a halfway decent steak/potato/veggie/drink/dessert for a counter service credit???!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

This'll be our first trip with the queen size beds. Icing on the cake!!:woohoo:

I've always found it to be pretty funny (read: odd) when I hear people complain about the PM being "confusing!":rotfl2: My family immediately understood, the kids took their own cards around, placed their orders, and we all met back at the table. It's fun to give them that freedom and flexibility when you're on the DDP!! Best Counter Service value of any place we've eaten! Where else can you get a halfway decent steak/potato/veggie/drink/dessert for a counter service credit???!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

This'll be our first trip with the queen size beds. Icing on the cake!!:woohoo:

They make a pretty mean taco salad and personal pizza. I'm getting excited just thinking about it. 3 months?!?! REALLY??!!

It will be a nice change from PC. Don't get me wrong, I love PC. It's cute. But sometimes something a little fancier is in order. Who will you be going with? Your family?

They make a pretty mean taco salad and personal pizza. I'm getting excited just thinking about it. 3 months?!?! REALLY??!!

It will be a nice change from PC. Don't get me wrong, I love PC. It's cute. But sometimes something a little fancier is in order. Who will you be going with? Your family?

Yup, family. It's me, DW, and our two DD's, 12 and 10.

We've stayed at the All-Stars before, never PC. And I really liked them too. "Cute" definitely describes them, but after we discovered CSR, there really hasn't been another choice for us. We all absolutely LOVE the theming, especially the Cabanas section. The fact that it doesn't share bus service with any other resort is a huge plus.

So here I am talking like I'm a CSR veteran, and the reality is we've only been there once:rotfl2::rotfl2:! But it was a long stay, and we're definitely Disney veterans, having stayed at a bunch of other places and been visiting the World since the mid-70's.

Who's going on your trip???

Oh, and hey, where are you in Philly? My SIL and BIL live in Chestnut Hill. Just moved there from Center City a couple years ago. We LOVE Philly!!

Lol. Yeah I've been there...hmm...this will be my 5th time! I know I should branch out and stay at other resorts like Port Orleans. And I wanted to stay at the Polynesian but it was too expensive. I just like it there.

I live in Colmar right up 309 near the Montgomery Mall.

I'm going with my friend Tina; an old friend from high school. We've recently reconnected and she really wanted to go so I said okay!

Oh man. I almost have my binder done completely and now my friend's sister and her friend are going as well. The more the merrier!

I'm still waiting on the friend to confirm so I can add her to the reservation and also book their airfare.

I am trying to keep myself busy for the next 80 days, giving myself little projects each week. Like making something for the apartment or fixing something or cleaning something else. It's actually working! Plus DISboards.com is helping as well.

I already have my packing list finished. I'm also going to order some official Disney luggage for the trip too! Not the Disney Parks ones which I actually found online. It's WAY too expensive for one piece of luggage. But I've also decided to get a limo to the airport as well. We might as well travel in style, right?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter