Wally World question

roomthreeseventeen

Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher
On one trip to Orlando (probably in the mid to late 80s), we stayed at a (I guess now-defunct) hotel called Wally World. My brother and I have very distinct memories of a very bad magician who had been performing there. Can anyone help us out with his name?

I believe this might be the place. In 1993 we stayed at a place called Wilson World. It was on 192 (Irlow Bronson Blvd.) It had an indoor pool, and outdoor pool, and I believe entertainment near buffet or restaurant It was in Kissimmee. Recently, I've been to where I think the location was. It looks like 2 new chain hotels are there. Hope this helps.

I believe this might be the place. In 1993 we stayed at a place called Wilson World. It was on 192 (Irlow Bronson Blvd.) It had an indoor pool, and outdoor pool, and I believe entertainment near buffet or restaurant It was in Kissimmee. Recently, I've been to where I think the location was. It looks like 2 new chain hotels are there. Hope this helps.

Ah, yes, you're right. Wilson World.

I believe this might be the place. In 1993 we stayed at a place called Wilson World. Recently, I've been to where I think the location was. It looks like 2 new chain hotels are there. Hope this helps.

Wilson World was developed and managed by the hotel company owned by the late Kemmons Wilson Sr. Mr. Wilson was the founder of the Holiday Inn hotel chain and he and his family developed the Orange Lake Country Club timeshare resort that's further down Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway in Kissimmee. I think that the Wilson World location is now where the Ramada Inn that's located on Irlo Bronson right across the road from the Old Lake Wilson Road.

Dick Taylor

Wilson World was developed and managed by the hotel company owned by the late Kemmons Wilson Sr. Mr. Wilson was the founder of the Holiday Inn hotel chain and he and his family developed the Orange Lake Country Club timeshare resort that's further down Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway in Kissimmee. I think that the Wilson World location is now where the Ramada Inn that's located on Irlo Bronson right across the road from the Old Lake Wilson Road.

Dick Taylor

Wow, thanks so much. Any idea on who the magician might have been? It might have been part of a kid's program.

Walley World is the mythical amusement park in National Lampoons Vacation (my all time favorite movie) which in real life is Six Flags Magic Mountain in Valencia California.I have a Walley World t-shirt which I sometimes wear to the parks and it's amazing the reaction people have to the shirt,especially CM's.

I know this post is like a year and a half old but the answer to the Mahican question was Uncle Knutty or some version of that spelling.

On one trip to Orlando (probably in the mid to late 80s), we stayed at a (I guess now-defunct) hotel called Wally World. My brother and I have very distinct memories of a very bad magician who had been performing there. Can anyone help us out with his name?

We stayed there in the mid-90s several times. We loved the Glass elevator and indoor waterfall into the pull, the buffet, karaoke, arcade. The magician was the Knutty Professor and we still have a VHS tape from him that teaches you how to make balloon animals lol

When it was Wally World, there was a kids check in desk, where the kids checked in as their parents did. They gave you a bag full of Wally the kangaroo coloring books and other crafts. Later, we stayed there when it had became a Red Roof Inn. Almost everything was the same, except the kids check in was gone.

I know this is old, but I think the reason you thought it was called Wally World is because they had a restaurant inside called Wallaby's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter