• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walking 2yo... ssr or okw?

toesmom

DIS Veteran
Which do you think is better for a 2 year old who likes to walk all over and explore? SSR or OKW.

We're looking for big open areas, lots of walkways and not too many obstructions. Most of his time will be spent at the resort just exploring.

We already like the idea of ssr because of the zero entry pool and small splash pad.

I've looked for pictures to give me better ideas, but your opinions will help. thanks

I've only stayed at each one once, so I'm not an expert. The paths that you are supposed to walk on at OKW are pretty much roadside, which means extra vigilance, so D2yearold doesn't go into the street. The path to DTD at SSR isn't next to a road, so I think it would be a more leisurely walk for parents and child.

Plus like you mentioned the DD splash pad at SSR looks like a winner, too.

Bobbi :flower:

I think that bobbi is right about it being easier on you at SSR, but my only comment about it is that the main area of SSR has lots of stairs and is on different levels, where as OKW is flatter. I think I would still go with SSR though. Roads make me very nervous when toddlers are around.

We have never stayed at OKW so I can't comment on that.

My kids are 9,8,8,4 and 2. We love staying at SSR and also loved it when it was Disney Institute. SSR has some lovely paths with vegetation so that can't really see around the bends. It makes it into an 'adventure". They also have a nice sidewalk along the water where you can see DTD, the riverboat and I think the lego sea monster.

We also love walking over to the DTD. There is so much for the kids to see and do over there! They absolutely love the spray fountains (even the older ones).

The zero entry pool at SSR is very nice and the spray area is great. The fountains at DTD just seem easier for a stroll and play experience, going to the pool area just takes more planning, and is more of an "event". If that makes sense. Walking to DTD is more like throw a towel or two into the stroller (for the walk back) and go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter