Waitlisted 2BR at Aulani in June right at 7 month mark...chances?

kittylady1972

Disneyholic
So I've been stalking the DVC Resort Availability tool and knew the rooms were going for my week...but I'm still hopeful.

We have waitlisted a 2BR Pool view in both the Standard 2BR and Lockout for mid-June. Of course not all of our days were available. What do you think our chances are of getting that? Wonder if I should waitlist a 2BR Island View or Ocean View instead of the Pool View?

Who has had luck getting a waitlisted 2BR at Aulani in June at the 7 month window? Just curious.

Wishing you luck. I just booked a week at Aulani (1br unit). This starting around the 13th of June (before the point increase). I had to stalk the site daily. I was ready to book at 8am each morning and took anything that was available (combination of 1 and 2 bedrooms). We will have to change rooms as I only got the ocean view for the first four nights with pool/garden view the remaining nights. This is our first trip to this resort. I've never had a more difficult time booking at the 7 month window. Keep your waitlist, but grab anything you see for your desired vacation time period.

After June 1 thru aug is the most difficult time to book at aulani. We have been 5 times and going again. We go in may for 10 days and have never had trouble booking at seven months. We always need 500 points for 10 nights but only have 360 st aulani. So we have to wait until seven months so we can combine other points. I did book studios in June a couple of yeArs for my daughters. I was on morning of the 11 month mark and bReky got ocean view rooms. Pool or no view rooms already gone.

Beginning of June points are lower so very hard.
I think OV are easier due to higher points.
We booked a 1BR OV at exactly 7 mos for July 2017. I was even lucky enough to snag GCV for 3 nights along the way:-)
At that time only standard was unavailable.
Good luck standard will be hardest probably to get.
Kerri

Did you book available nights and just WL the open nights, or did you waitlist a 4-7 day stretch?

The more dates on your waitlist the harder it will be.

Thanks everybody!

Unfortunately I couldn't waitlist ANY of the open nights since they were outside the 7-month window. I have waitlisted pool view and island view at this point (I think) since there are more Island View Units. I'll keep my fingers crossed and perhaps keep stalking.

Thanks everybody!

Unfortunately I couldn't waitlist ANY of the open nights since they were outside the 7-month window. I have waitlisted pool view and island view at this point (I think) since there are more Island View Units. I'll keep my fingers crossed and perhaps keep stalking.
pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter