Waitlist Question

CookieandOatmeal

DIS Veteran
I currently am within my 30 days window (currently at 29 days to check-in) and have a 7 day WL still going. While waiting for the WL to fill, I am also stalking and was wondering if I see my day open, could I book it myself by modifying and no points will go in holding? Points only go into holding if I was cancelling right?

I currently am within my 30 days window (currently at 29 days to check-in) and have a 7 day WL still going. While waiting for the WL to fill, I am also stalking and was wondering if I see my day open, could I book it myself by modifying and no points will go in holding? Points only go into holding if I was cancelling right?
It’s shouldn’t matter if they were going into holding as you’d be using them to book a stay that is less than 60 days out. Now if you were modifying to a reservation that uses less points than any remaining points you freed up from the original reservation would become holding points and subject to those restrictions.

It’s shouldn’t matter if they were going into holding as you’d be using them to book a stay that is less than 60 days out. Now if you were modifying to a reservation that uses less points than any remaining points you freed up from the original reservation would become holding points and subject to those restrictions.

If that last day is filled or I can grab it, it will use 2 more points so no points should go into holding. Thanks so much!

If your modification requires fewer points, those will go into holding. If your modification requires the same or more points, none should go into holding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter