Waitlist Question for Beach Club

dreaming4disney

Mouseketeer
I am currently waitlisted for Beach Club for April26th- 2 BR dedicated and 2 BR lock-off-this will expire in March. I would like to drop one of my waitlists to add another waitlist for a reservation in September. I know there is a certain level of luck but do you think I have a better chance with holding the 2BR dedicated room over the 2 BR lock-off?

Thanks for the help.

There are roughly the same number of each available at BCV:
78 Dedicated 2-Bedrooms
74 Lock-Off 2-Bedrooms

If someone is ahead of me on the waitlist line and they want a 1 Br or Studio, and a 2BR lock-off is released, do they get their waitlist or does it go to the next person looking strictly for a 2 BR lock-off?

If someone is ahead of me on the waitlist line and they want a 1 Br or Studio, and a 2BR lock-off is released, do they get their waitlist or does it go to the next person looking strictly for a 2 BR lock-off?

It goes to the 1BR or studio request, or so I've been told. It's not a transparent process.

I would definitely keep the dedicated. The Beach Club will be prime real estate for people stalking reservations and if a studio opens up, it probably won't make it to the waitlist.

When someone cancels a lock-off, it frees up a studio+1BR OR a lock-off. So the lock-off is effectively on the list with all those waiting for studios, too. I'd definitely drop the lock-off and keep the dedicated waitlist in this scenario.

Another thing I’d recommend is to stalk the RAT.

It’s not uncommon that freed up inventory is freely available for everyone to book and not matched with a WL.

Personally I always do a WL and then I stalk that have given me the best success. My WL has only come through a few times whereas stalking have had a much higher success rate.

Thanks for the input, everyone. I dropped the one waitlist that I had for a 2 BR lock-off. Seemed like my best bet. I will be stalking the RAT. I'm hoping for the best, but all's well if we are "stuck" at Bay Lake. I love Bay Lake too. Just wanted to be at BC this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter