VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Did anyone see the live walking tour of our beloved Lodge tonight with Lou Mongello?
He had wonderful shots of the sun going down over Bay Lake as the boats were going by😍

We had such a great stay, the weather was warm and delicious. :sunny: We went to Moonlight Magic at AK on our last evening, the moon was full and it was just beautiful! Our very first Moonlight Magic was also at the AK years ago, it was chaotic to say the least! What a difference this experience was! Really could not say anything bad except (my own fault) I didn’t realize Kilimanjaro safari would not be running so we should have headed over earlier to experience it. A+ DVC!

Attachments

• IMG_5831.jpeg
    IMG_5831.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5833.jpeg
    IMG_5833.jpeg
    87.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5835.jpeg
    IMG_5835.jpeg
    42.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5836.jpeg
    IMG_5836.jpeg
    54.6 KB · Views: 2

We arrived in Orlando earlier today for a one week trip, staying at VWL. I think my brain is fading a bit as we realized at MCO that I hadn’t received a text from Owners Locker that our locker was delivered. I checked online and sure enough, I forgot to book the OL delivery for this trip. I called them and they said that the drivers were all out and probably couldn’t get my locker to us until tomorrow. They then said that we could swing by and pick it up from their warehouse on the way to WDW. So I learned how to set up a multi-stop Uber request!

We had to wait until about 3:30 for our room to be ready, which meant we were forced to hangout in Geyser Point for a couple of hours in beautiful weather, with a great view of Bay Lake. We managed to handle that assignment well.

We got our room, 5524 which is a dedicated 1BR on the bus side of the resort. It is probably one of my least favorite room assignments we’ve had a VWL, but it is fine for our needs. Because it is 5th floor, the lobby atrium was walled off and the rooms have dormers and no Murphy bed in the living room…just the regular sleeper/sofas. Again, that’s no big deal. The balcony has the solid walls which I don’t care for, and the villa is close to the covered walkway. We are high enough up that we shouldn’t be bothered by luggage and cart traffic on the walkway.

The kitchen only has one drawer with the contents of the second drawer in a box on a shelf in a cabinet. The dishwasher door won’t close all the way which makes it hard to open the one drawer that they do have.

The master closet is really strange with a weird angle and not a lot of room. Again, no big deal on any of this, but we always share the good, bad and the ugly on our trips. I’ll share some photos once I get settled in. Like I said, not my favorite villa.

But we are so happy to be here at VWL, and are looking forward to a nice week.

We had to wait until about 3:30 for our room to be ready, which meant we were forced to hangout in Geyser Point for a couple of hours in beautiful weather, with a great view of Bay Lake. We managed to handle that assignment well.
Granny, you had me at hanging out at GP:tilt:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter