VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 14 June 2024

July 3, dinner at Artist Point. Unfortunately, I was the only one thrilled with my entree, I loved the scallops! Tom thought filet was tender, but bland, sister's haddock was strange. We heard the haddock preparation before hand, but it did not result in a tasty dish. Sorry to say that the next nights meal at Rose and Crown was better!

Anyway, July 3 was our day for exploring WL area. Walked by the cabins, noticed the great grilling area, then we took pontoon boat to see the MK fireworks.

Pictures not in order.

IMG_3597.JPG IMG_3608.JPG IMG_3594.JPG

Bobbi

July 3, dinner at Artist Point. Unfortunately, I was the only one thrilled with my entree, I loved the scallops! Tom thought filet was tender, but bland, sister's haddock was strange. We heard the haddock preparation before hand, but it did not result in a tasty dish. Sorry to say that the next nights meal at Rose and Crown was better!

Anyway, July 3 was our day for exploring WL area. Walked by the cabins, noticed the great grilling area, then we took pontoon boat to see the MK fireworks.

Pictures not in order.

View attachment 248943 View attachment 248944 View attachment 248942

Bobbi
Sorry AP wasn't up to snuff for you. Can't say we've had either the haddock nor actually the filet. We're headed there tonight.

Happy Anniversary Sleepy & Luv!!! Enjoy your day!
Mickey---Minnie-disney-67760_800_600.jpg
:lovestruc Happy Anniversary Sleepy & Luv !!! :lovestruc

And thank you for the real-time trip report. Great meal and park reporting! :thumbsup2
Thank you all!

Well, today was another fun day, as well as a very full one. We woke up a bit earlier than normal and decided to have mimosas in the room. Good thing we brought bubbly and OJ, huh? From there, we headed over to DHS and walked in just as they were letting the masses loose early. We jumped on RnR, and even though we went straight there with the initial rush, there was still a 20-minute wait. Not bad, I guess. From there, it was time to hit our first FP--TSM. Only a 20-minute wait there, as well, though we were seated in less than five minutes. I won. . .barely. We had to have our caffeine by then, so Starbucks was next. While drinking the lattes, the stormtrooper march occurred, and I gotta say, it was rather cool. It may not seem like much, but just the marching aspect--in rhythm, in step, to the music, in the oppressive heat, breaking off to do a bit, then getting back in line just in time to start marching in unison again--took a lot of practice, I'm sure. After that, we hoofed it to ToT for another FP. We were going to do Star Tours, but the wait was 30 minutes which was outside our patience zone. So, we drove back to the room, and then walked over to DS for lunch at The Boathouse.

Luv opted to spend the afternoon lounging, so I hit the links again. Hotter than blazes but a ton of fun. Dinner tonight was AP, and we had another wonderful experience. We were seated by a window, and everything went well. We've gotten to know the manager, Gary, over the past couple of years, and he checked on us a few times. Thanks to it being our anniversary--which Gary had made a note of--we received a couple of complementary glasses of bubbly (Argyle Brut), an amuse-bouche, and a couple of lovely sweets to take with us after the meal. The salmon was spot on, and the huge scallops were also perfectly cooked. Couldn't have asked for a better meal. After taking a few pics around the resort--such as the place where we held our wedding ceremony--we headed to AK to ride Dinosaur and to see the Pandora lights at night. Lights were nice, but it was quite crowded and walking in near darkness is hard. Still, we checked that box.

Tomorrow is another day! Thanks to all the Groupies for the warm wishes. You guys are absolutely the best!

Last edited:
It is nice to see that they still give some bubbly magic from time to time for anniversaries. I will never forget getting a glass of champagne for our 25th anniversary a number of years ago at AP. It is a really special surprise. BTW, we didn't get the bubbly when we celebrated our 37th anniversary at AP in April. So it really is a touch of magic.

Happy Belated Anniversary to Sleepy and Luv. Sorry I missed it yesterday. Love reading the trip highlights though.

Today has not been a good one at our house. One of our little dogs was attacked last night in our back yard. Not sure by what, maybe a coyote or a fox. Took him to the vet this morning and he's got several puncture wounds (which I knew) and a broken rib (which I had no idea) She had to do surgery on him this afternoon. We are super sad at our house. Hope to hear back from the vet a little later about his progress. :dog:

WDWMagic.com toured a Cascade Cabin and has a photo gallery of 70 photos of the cabin and other updated areas at WL.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/cop...cabins-at-disneys-wilderness-lodge-resort.htm

Thanks for sharing the pics. Honestly, I like the pictures of the grand villa better than the decor of the cabins. Seems like all of them have a very sterile "white" wall color. They all need to be "warmed" up in my opinion. Probably won't ever spend the points for either option, so it probably won't matter!

Happy Belated Anniversary to Sleepy and Luv. Sorry I missed it yesterday. Love reading the trip highlights though.

Today has not been a good one at our house. One of our little dogs was attacked last night in our back yard. Not sure by what, maybe a coyote or a fox. Took him to the vet this morning and he's got several puncture wounds (which I knew) and a broken rib (which I had no idea) She had to do surgery on him this afternoon. We are super sad at our house. Hope to hear back from the vet a little later about his progress. :dog:
Poor little guy, hope he's doing well this morning.

wdwnt.com has a post with photos and a video of the enhancements at WL/BRV/CCV.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/07/photo...de-cabins-area-opens-guests-wilderness-lodge/

WDWMagic.com toured a Cascade Cabin and has a photo gallery of 70 photos of the cabin and other updated areas at WL.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/cop...cabins-at-disneys-wilderness-lodge-resort.htm

Michael...thank you so much for taking the time to post these links. Some of us don't stray to many other Disney web sites so it is great that you brought them right here to our rocking chairs! :thumbsup2

The first video of the pool is very detailed...pretty much anything you want to see regarding the new pool is included in that video. Very nicely done!

And the set of pictures of the cabins and villas is very well done. 70 pictures of these spaces give everyone a pretty good idea of the decor and layout of the various accommodations. I have to admit, the cabins and Grand Villas are pretty spectacular. I'm still having a hard time loving the 1BR & 2BR kitchen layout but I understand that they were really pressed for space and it is most likely the most space-efficient layout possible. Overall, I personally think the decor is very good and if I were looking to buy DVC I would be pretty "wowed" by the cabins and general layout of the WL area at this point.

Thanks again for sharing these. :)

Michael...thank you so much for taking the time to post these links. Some of us don't stray to many other Disney web sites so it is great that you brought them right here to our rocking chairs! :thumbsup2
Your welcome. I spend a little too much time online while I'm supposed to be working. :surfweb:

And if anyone can sneak a murphy bed out of one of the Cabins, I want that Chip 'n' Dale backdrop!

Twins - Don't miss the opportunity to take a sleigh ride thru the Christmas lights at Ft. Wilderness! DiznyDi and I love that adventure. You have to sign up ahead of time. It is a nice ~20 minute sleigh ride pulled by a nice big Percheron (similar to Clydesdale - sorry if I just stepped on Horselover's toes!:rolleyes:). You can meet them in the horse barn during the day. The ride is memorable, the lights impressive (the RVs more impressive - Jeese Louise $).

You didn't. They are indeed Percherons & very beautiful. A sweet, mild mannered breed. Gentle giants. :goodvibes I bet @KAT4DISNEY would agree.

And now me thinks you have some tattoos since you've mentioned them a couple times in previous posts. Spill! :laughing: I'm a little obsessed with tattoos now that I have one of my own. The artist that did mine warned me they're addicting & once you get one you'll want more. He was right & I never thought I would get a tattoo. Already thinking about ideas for the next one which of course will be New Zealand related. :D

Oh Erin I'm so sorry to hear that. :sad1: Prayers for your fur baby. Let us know how he's doing.

Phew all caught up! I didn't think I had been away from the thread for so long. Hope everyone is doing well. Had a quiet 4th & this week has been strange with the holiday falling on a Tue. I've been confused all week what day it is! :laughing: Wednesday felt like Mon. & now it's already Friday. :scratchin We leave for NZ 3 weeks from today! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: I'll be counting down my sleeps soon ala DiznyDi.

HAPPY BELATED ANNIVERSARY SLEEPY & LUV!

Mickey-and-Minnie-love.jpg

Thank you for posting this. These are the first significant shots I've seen of the grand villas, and they are really impressive! Don't know if or when we'll ever stay in one, but it sure is fun to ogle them.

@wildernessDad, how are you settling in to your new place? I think unpacking in a new home is SUCH a chore, but sometimes fun as well to set up and explore a new home. (No need to respond right away... we know you're super busy!)

Update: paperwork was sent off to Disney today so we are officially in the ROFR waiting game...

Oh and, as long as all goes well with the contract, we decided to forego our June 2018 beach trip and we will be doing a (mostly) resort only trip to explore our new (fingers crossed) home resort for 4 nights - we will do one MK day.

Thanks to everyone here for being so helpful. The resort does speak for itself, and we fell in love with it, which is why we chose it, however it will be nice to officially join the groupies in a couple/few months!

Ariel, fingers crossed that the contract goes through. I love the thought of a resort only trip. I love seeing that the resort is almost finished. Can't wait to get back there in the spring.

Thanks for the well wishes on our dog. The vet elected to have him stay another night. He was in worse shape than originally thought, broken rib, collapsed lung, and a bruised heart. A couple of his puncture wounds had to have stitches. The vet did surgery to suture the rib to the ribs on each side of the broken one. She drew the air off his chest to hopefully allow the punctured in the lung to close back up. He still wasn't eating and drinking well today, so that's why she kept him again. We should be able to pick him up tomorrow afternoon. He will have to be confined when he gets home, which will be difficult. I ordered a pet tent off Amazon today, hopefully that will give him a spot to call his home in the living room for the next several days. Whatever attacked him was much bigger than his 11 lb self. Our other dog ( they are brothers) is so lost and lonely without him. They've never been apart since we brought them home 6 years ago. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for our pup.

On a completely different note, did anyone else get the email about the discounted tickets offered to DVC members? Is this a new deal, or something we've already had in place?

Ariel, fingers crossed that the contract goes through. I love the thought of a resort only trip. I love seeing that the resort is almost finished. Can't wait to get back there in the spring.
Thank you so much! We fell in love just seeing part of it in June...I can't wait to spend time really exploring everything next June!

The vet elected to have him stay another night. He was in worse shape than originally thought, broken rib, collapsed lung, and a bruised heart. A couple of his puncture wounds had to have stitches. The vet did surgery to suture the rib to the ribs on each side of the broken one. She drew the air off his chest to hopefully allow the punctured in the lung to close back up. He still wasn't eating and drinking well today, so that's why she kept him again.
Oh no...poor pup!

We should be able to pick him up tomorrow afternoon. He will have to be confined when he gets home, which will be difficult. I ordered a pet tent off Amazon today, hopefully that will give him a spot to call his home in the living room for the next several days. Whatever attacked him was much bigger than his 11 lb self. Our other dog ( they are brothers) is so lost and lonely without him. They've never been apart since we brought them home 6 years ago. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for our pup.
Hopefully all works out and you get him home tomorrow. Well wishes for a speedy recovery!

On a completely different note, did anyone else get the email about the discounted tickets offered to DVC members? Is this a new deal, or something we've already had in place?
From what I have read, it is a new thing that just showed up, maybe yesterday?

Update: paperwork was sent off to Disney today so we are officially in the ROFR waiting game...

Oh and, as long as all goes well with the contract, we decided to forego our June 2018 beach trip and we will be doing a (mostly) resort only trip to explore our new (fingers crossed) home resort for 4 nights - we will do one MK day.

Thanks to everyone here for being so helpful. The resort does speak for itself, and we fell in love with it, which is why we chose it, however it will be nice to officially join the groupies in a couple/few months!

Good luck ArielSRL! Hope the process goes quickly for you. pixiedust:

Thanks for the well wishes on our dog. The vet elected to have him stay another night. He was in worse shape than originally thought, broken rib, collapsed lung, and a bruised heart. A couple of his puncture wounds had to have stitches. The vet did surgery to suture the rib to the ribs on each side of the broken one. She drew the air off his chest to hopefully allow the punctured in the lung to close back up. He still wasn't eating and drinking well today, so that's why she kept him again. We should be able to pick him up tomorrow afternoon. He will have to be confined when he gets home, which will be difficult. I ordered a pet tent off Amazon today, hopefully that will give him a spot to call his home in the living room for the next several days. Whatever attacked him was much bigger than his 11 lb self. Our other dog ( they are brothers) is so lost and lonely without him. They've never been apart since we brought them home 6 years ago. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for our pup.

Poor baby. :sad2: Continued prayers for a full & speedy recovery. :hug:

Yes, I recevied it & it's new. I just got a new AP in May. Figures. I may buy another towards the end of the year & hang onto it to activate in 2018. I've also seen several people post they called MS & were told they can upgrade recently purchased APs to the Platinum Plus but it has to be done on site. I'll try to do that with mine in Oct. I already have the Platinum AP (curse you Christmas/NY black out dates!) but I love the water parks so for a few dollars more I'll upgrade if they'll let me.

Happy weekend groupie friends! :wave2:

facebook twitter