VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Way before we ever 1st stepped foot into that Grand Lobby back in late 2002, wasn't there previously a character breakfast at AP? Maybe I'm crazy, but for some reason, I remember reading this somewhere:confused3

There was definitely a character breakfast at AP in 1998 when we first went to WDW. It was Pooh, Tigger and Eeyore when we went and it was a really good breakfast from a food viewpoint. We have pictures from then, but that was before my digital camera days so nothing available from me. I did find this picture on the interwebs, though:

appooh.jpg

Back from the World. It was an ok trip. Weather was not the best. Don Felder from the Eagles was awesome! Caught 2 of his sets. Think I picked up a little stomach bug on Sunday. Haven't felt quite right since Monday morning. Oh well. With the amount of times I visit per year not every trip is going to be amazing.

Tonight is my nephew's wedding. Those that have been around the thread a long time will recall that my sister passed away way too young 8 years ago. This is her son. It's going to be a bittersweet day.

Sorry you've run into some physical ailments this week...hope you're feeling much better soon. And best wishes for a great wedding celebration...weddings do tend to bring some bittersweet moments.

Here is the reply I got from someone at WL management

Dear Mr. Whitesell,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to the rumors of changes at Whispering Canyon. Whispering Canyon Café is still a rootin' tootin' good time for the whole family, with plenty of antics still occurring. You may notice that we've asked our Cast Members to turn down the volume a bit to promote participation among all Guests.

Your feedback is important to us, and we truly appreciate that you took the time to let us know your thoughts. It is through feedback, like yours, that we learn what we must do to ensure the Disney magic is preserved for everyone.

Once again, Mr. Whitesell, thank you for your honest feedback.

Sincerely,
Lorraine Oakley
Lorraine.Oakley@disney.com

I go the same exact canned response.

By way of WDW Official Website....

AP is dead - from end of October to beginning of Dec. It is dead by virtue of zero booking availability.
We are at 180.... plus 10 days. The restaurant is not just merely dead, it's truly and sincerely dead.

WE have booked elsewhere.

By way of WDW Official Website....

AP is dead - from end of October to beginning of Dec. It is dead by virtue of zero booking availability.
We are at 180.... plus 10 days. The restaurant is not just merely dead, it's truly and sincerely dead.

WE have booked elsewhere.

I booked a reservation at AP for November 3rd the beginning of May. If something is going on, at what point would we be notified to make other plans? The reservation is still showing in MDE. Between Food and Wine, Halloween and a runDisney weekend, I’d hope they would do it sooner rather than later.

I booked a reservation at AP for November 3rd the beginning of May. If something is going on, at what point would we be notified to make other plans? The reservation is still showing in MDE. Between Food and Wine, Halloween and a runDisney weekend, I’d hope they would do it sooner rather than later.
Disney has a bad habit of not notifying customers a) until it's late into the process or b) at all. If it were me, I'd call WDW Dining to see what they tell you but, more importantly, I would make back up plans. I do not believe AP will be open from 22 Oct to at least some time late into November.

Just popping in to say thanks for the help with the Aulani reservation. Happy to report that we are booked for Dec. 20-27 in a 1 bedroom pool view. I started booking on the 18th and moved it each day until we are where we wanted to be. I did the booking on my own each morning at 7 CST. I know there were some mixed feelings about walking, but I guess it wasn't true walking since I was doing it at the 7 month window. The morning of the 19th and 20th, I went online on my desktop and found the reservation. I would click reserve room. Then I logged in on my iPad and cancelled the other reservation I was holding. After I refreshed my screen on the desktop, I was still in my 20 minute booking window, my points would return to my account. Then I continued with the new reservation. There was also availability for ocean view, but I'm a cheapskate with my points. Just thought I would let you all know that I got what I wanted.
DD18 graduated high school yesterday. School will be out on Friday, and then I will be back to be a dedicated groupie for the summer! :teeth:

Just popping in to say thanks for the help with the Aulani reservation. Happy to report that we are booked for Dec. 20-27 in a 1 bedroom pool view. I started booking on the 18th and moved it each day until we are where we wanted to be. I did the booking on my own each morning at 7 CST. I know there were some mixed feelings about walking, but I guess it wasn't true walking since I was doing it at the 7 month window. The morning of the 19th and 20th, I went online on my desktop and found the reservation. I would click reserve room. Then I logged in on my iPad and cancelled the other reservation I was holding. After I refreshed my screen on the desktop, I was still in my 20 minute booking window, my points would return to my account. Then I continued with the new reservation. There was also availability for ocean view, but I'm a cheapskate with my points. Just thought I would let you all know that I got what I wanted.
DD18 graduated high school yesterday. School will be out on Friday, and then I will be back to be a dedicated groupie for the summer! :teeth:

Erin...great to hear that you secured your Aulani reservation. You will have a great Christmas vacation in that island paradise! :santa: :beach:

And congratulations on your daughter's graduation. Another turn of the page in the book of life. :)

Congrats to your DD @ErinC! This is DS18's last week. Full days today & tomorrow then finals Wed & Fri. He has no finals on Thu. so he gets the day off. Graduation for him is 6/3.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. My nephew's wedding was lovely. They're a great couple together & I have no doubt they'll have a happy life.

The next couple weeks will be a blur. DS18's grad party is this Sun. The following Sun. is graduation then we leave 4 days after that for our river cruise. First stop Budapest. I better get my butt in gear & start making some plans. Cruise, air, & hotels have long been booked but I haven't made any of our post cruise arrangements. I cannot wait to see Neuschwanstein Castle in person. I bet it will be bigger than the DL version. ;) :laughing:

Congrats to your DD @ErinC! This is DS18's last week. Full days today & tomorrow then finals Wed & Fri. He has no finals on Thu. so he gets the day off. Graduation for him is 6/3.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. My nephew's wedding was lovely. They're a great couple together & I have no doubt they'll have a happy life.

The next couple weeks will be a blur. DS18's grad party is this Sun. The following Sun. is graduation then we leave 4 days after that for our river cruise. First stop Budapest. I better get my butt in gear & start making some plans. Cruise, air, & hotels have long been booked but I haven't made any of our post cruise arrangements. I cannot wait to see Neuschwanstein Castle in person. I bet it will be bigger than the DL version. ;) :laughing:

From where to where are you cruising? I live along the “river cruise route” in Nuremberg. If you want any infos on Nuremberg (or Munich, I used to live there) just send me a PM. I am always happy to help visitors to lovely Bavaria!!

From where to where are you cruising? I live along the “river cruise route” in Nuremberg. If you want any infos on Nuremberg (or Munich, I used to live there) just send me a PM. I am always happy to help visitors to lovely Bavaria!!

Thank you for the kind offer. We sailed out of Nuremberg on my last river cruise. I loved Bavaria! So beautiful. This cruise sails Budapest to Linz. We only have 2 nights in Munich with the first night being our travel day. We're doing 2 nights post cruise in Salzburg then taking the train to Munich for the last 2 nights. My only plan is Neuschwanstein Castle on day 2 because I know it's an all day trip. On our arrival day in Munich I haven't given it much thought, but if you think there are some must dos for me in our limited time there I'm open to suggestions. We'll likely arrive around lunch time. Haven't booked our train from Salzburg yet, but I'm planning a mid-late morning departure.

Wow — I was just checking out the resale market out of curiosity and didn’t see anything available at WL at either of the two sites I checked. The number of PVB was astonishing however. Love it!

Julie and Flossbolna - all this talk of Germany makes me just a little envious. We have much family in the Kassel area and have been to Germany on several occasions. My grandmother was born in Germany and 'came over on the boat' when she was quite young. Sounds like a simply splendid adventure, Julie!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter